Semi Final Ticket Sales

Taff

Phoned up start of last week for ticket... still not arrived.

They said they would be sending them later in the week but if it isnt here by tomorrow I will have a phonecall to make.

... just checked, not off my account yet either :huh:

... see the amount of times things like this have happened when I've tried for a ticket :dash2:

El pidge, I'm always banging the drum that footballs too expensive, and agree that spending £20 on a ticket + costs for a game that's on tv is hard to justify, if you were talking about Kilmarnock away the other week, or an international friendly I'd be right behind you!

But this is the semi-final of the Scottish cup, a great chance to get to the final, something we've only done 3 times in our 124 year history (I think?).

Winners in 1952 and 1991,

Runners up in 1931, 1933, 1939, 1951

So that is 6 finals. A cup win against both Dundee teams, 3 cup final defeats to Celtic and one to Clyde in 1939.

They said they would be sending them later in the week but if it isnt here by tomorrow I will have a phonecall to make.

... see the amount of times things like this have happened when I've tried for a ticket :dash2:

Welcome to the reality of the well oiled,smoothly run machine that is motherwell football club ticket office.....................You honestley did nt think it would be easy did you? :wallbash:

Cmon the Well :notworthy:

Even though we took 16k against Rnagers in the CIS?? I honestly don't think people think, its against the old firm, I wont go. If we took 16k in '05 I'd fully expect us to take a fair bit more in the Scottish Cup, especially with the 20th anniversary n all that.

But talking about this is makin me edgy. Bring on Saturday first!!

I know for a fact that some people wont go if it is against Cellic, I also know that some folk wont take their weans to watch a game involving the Old Firm.

We'll not take anymore than 5000 on Saturday, the overall crowd will be less than 10,000. Why this game isn't being played at Tynecastle or Easter Road is beyond me.

Get all thoughts of travel to edindurgh tae f*ck. I know its all settled, but why anyone would want to travel through there is beyond me. I would rather we played in a half empty hampden than went to embra.

Id sell my well sought after overweight body to get tickets for this game.

Then i would walk to hampden naked because i would need to sell my clothes to make up the difference.

Nothing will stop me going to this game. :)

Get all thoughts of travel to edindurgh tae f*ck. I know its all settled, but why anyone would want to travel through there is beyond me. I would rather we played in a half empty hampden than went to embra.

Why anyone would want to play it in a 3/4 empty Hampden instead of a rocking Tyncastle is beyond me.

• Like 2

:nod:

plus getting the train to haymarket and wandering down dalry road isn't exactly the most torturous of journeys.

It is if you are already at the opposite coast line from Drug City Central!! I just don't get the appeal of travelling through to Edinburgh for a lunchtime kick off. It's madness. Unless of course you are a St. Johnston fan then it's less of a treck.

Anyway, it will be the same people at hampden as would have been at tynecastle (give or take a few) so why would their support to the team change? surley it will still be the same songs, chants etc? and if you are in the middle of it then it doesn't matter if the stadium is full or not, all you will be able to hear are those around you singing and your atmosphere will be the same. Might be diffirent for those watching it on telly, but to those folk I say, get your arse to hampden.

I hope your boat gets hit by a torpedo in that case!

Yes your view at home will be better and yes you can drink cans of tennents (although i hope you choke on it) but you wont get a proper taste of the atmosphere, get to be involved in and properly see the display that has been mentioned and if we win you wont be able to celebrate with fellow well fans.

Get a grip man, away up to FP and get yerself a ticket.

We have caught a live one here! And a right self righteous one at that! My it's teeth are sharp

I ordered mine on Friday (8th) and it arrived on Sunday(10th) morning. I'd get on the blower if were you

Winners in 1952 and 1991,

Runners up in 1931, 1933, 1939, 1951

So that is 6 finals. A cup win against both Dundee teams, 3 cup final defeats to Celtic and one to Clyde in 1939.

Cheers for that! Should have known that!

I knew there was nothing between 1952 and 1991, and a final in the early 30s, didn't know the rest.

Doesn't change my point though, that a shot at a Scottish cup final us rare!

Cheers for that! Should have known that!

I knew there was nothing between 1952 and 1991, and a final in the early 30s, didn't know the rest.

Doesn't change my point though, that a shot at a Scottish cup final us rare!

Exactly! Only once in my lifetime it has happened. In fact this is only the 4th Semi of the Scottish in the 28 years I have been born.

Exactly! Only once in my lifetime it has happened. In fact this is only the 4th Semi of the Scottish in the 28 years I have been born.

Was there one in the 80s, or are you counting the Celtic replay?

My dad is 61, so was a toddler in 1952, so has only seen 1 final. I was there in '91, but at 9, was a bit young to appreciate it.