Semi Final Ticket Sales

Taff

I know Chris quite well from my course, he actually likes the Well so doubt he'll have put this one out if he wasn't fed the info from someone else.

Do they not teach journalists how to fact check any more? It used to be a required part of the job. A quick call to each of the teams would have confirmed the actual figures.

According to the Evening Times

Linky

The sad thing about this article is the journalist in question has missed an opportunity to highlight the fact that playing this tie at Hampden is utter folly when it could have been played at a more suitable venue such as Tynecastle. All he had to do was get his facts right in fact the headline was probably the most accurate thing about the article.

I realise not all Motherwell fans are in favour of playing this tie away from Hampden but I am certain I am not alone in holding this opinion.

There is a bus leaving from Overtown Community Centre with 4 seats available. If interested let me know. Bus leaving at 1030 and is £7 a head.

who's all going on the bus from Overtown mate? we took 20 odd from Overtown to the semi-final in a limo bus but no-one was willing to put their neck on the line to organise a coach this time so ended up with 7 or 8 of us booking the club buses from Fir Park.

loads of Well fans up here who as far as I know are all either going in cars or the club coaches.

just out of interest cos I'm a nosey c*nt, plus if I hear of anyone else looking for seats I can put them in touch with you.

With the club going public on the 6,000 figure, it shows there will be little chance of us selling much more than 8,000 for this match. Here’s hoping St Johnstone can manage at least 3 - 4,000.

i hope all their buses break down and it's 100% well fans :whistling:

7000 well fans will make as good an atmosphere as 20,000. we made a fair old racket at the last three hampden semis and i'm confident we can outsing st johnstone this saturday.

7000 well fans will make as good an atmosphere as 20,000. we made a fair old racket at the last three hampden semis and i'm confident we can outsing st johnstone this saturday.

Agreed. If a few thousand Dutch and Northern Irish fans can make a racket inside Hampden, there's no reason why 7-8,000 'Well fans can't.

If there's a shite atmosphere in the Motherwell end it won't be because there's only 8,000 'Well fans, it'll be because the majority of the 8,000 'Well fans can't be arsed making it any more than a shite atmosphere. Which, let's be honest, is quite possible.

Agreed. If a few thousand Dutch and Northern Irish fans can make a racket inside Hampden, there's no reason why 7-8,000 'Well fans can't.

If there's a shite atmosphere in the Motherwell end it won't be because there's only 8,000 'Well fans, it'll be because the majority of the 8,000 'Well fans can't be arsed making it any more than a shite atmosphere. Which, let's be honest, is quite possible.

i'm confident that there will be enough pished 'well fans to make a good noise.

who's all going on the bus from Overtown mate? we took 20 odd from Overtown to the semi-final in a limo bus but no-one was willing to put their neck on the line to organise a coach this time so ended up with 7 or 8 of us booking the club buses from Fir Park.

loads of Well fans up here who as far as I know are all either going in cars or the club coaches.

just out of interest cos I'm a nosey c*nt, plus if I hear of anyone else looking for seats I can put them in touch with you.

I don't know if you know a Robert Hughes well he ran one to the semi the last time just a small 20 odd seater which probably reflects the higher than average price. Well he has done the same this time. drinks.gif

Motherwell and St Johnstone have sold less than 5000 tickets between them for this weekend’s Scottish Cup semi-final.

The Steelmen have flogged over 3000 briefs for the Hampden clash while the Perth club have shifted just over 1400, sparking fears that less than one-10th of Hampden’s 50,000 seats will be filled - Chris Jack in the Evening Times

big fat smelly lazy journalism as always

I don't know if you know a Robert Hughes well he ran one to the semi the last time just a small 20 odd seater which probably reflects the higher than average price. Well he has done the same this time. drinks.gif

cannae think of the guy but maybe know him to see. I remember that other bus leaving Overtown for the LC semi-final as we went into the Clydesdale pub to wait for our Boogie bus. I put Jim onto you earlier so hopefully you get enough bodies to fill the bus.

hope we all enjoy our day out anyway mate.

have a good yin. :drinks:

• Like 1

Got my tickets for the game earlier, sitting in the South Stand (main) We are in section P3 an extra allocation for that stand as it had been Sold Out, actually starting to believe we may take a decent following. Looking forward to the game now, nerves certainly taking effect.

22 buses full so far, will be leaving from the citadel. Hopefully there is a mad dash at the last minute for tickets for the game and we can get into the 10000+ looking forward to the atmosphere after the LC semi, absolute bedlam when las netted, just hope the fact we are spilt into 3 sections doesn't hamper it.

22 buses full so far, will be leaving from the citadel. Hopefully there is a mad dash at the last minute for tickets for the game and we can get into the 10000+ looking forward to the atmosphere after the LC semi, absolute bedlam when las netted, just hope the fact we are spilt into 3 sections doesn't hamper it.

22 Official MFC buses. There will be more Supporters' Association buses and unofficial ones too.

Got my tickets today and one of the guys behind the desk said that St Johnstone had sold 3500 tickets but didn't plan on selling any on the day. I take it we will still be selling tickets right up till kick off then?

I was in yesterday, selling them at the club until Friday at 3:30, then the staff will be manning the portacabins outside Hampden from 9:30 right up until KO.

As Chris was informed, St Johnstone had planned to cease sales on Friday afternoon, however the SFA may step in and override that.