Semi Final Ticket Sales

Taff

I picked up tickets today and the girl on the desk said without working it out we're comfortably around 4,500 tickets sold for the game. Our allocation is indeed 6000 like joe90 pointed out (thanks Joe) but we have the maximum availability for up to 12,000 if sales spike between now & then.

it ain't gonna happen, but imagine if we sold 12,000 and were refused anymore in what was still gonna be an under half empty hampden. That would be ridiculous :wacko:

it ain't gonna happen, but imagine if we sold 12,000 and were refused anymore in what was still gonna be an under half empty hampden. That would be ridiculous :wacko:

Yeah I know, wish it would happen right enough -TV coverage won't be doing us much favours with getting the bums on the seats. Each to their own though.

The powers that be will have a pretty rigidly fixed budget for this one I expect and the cost of policing, stewarding, catering & cleaning would be more than the could stomach i'd expect. It's unfortunate for us that they won't even be an a position for that problem to arise.

Yeah I know, wish it would happen right enough -TV coverage won't be doing us much favours with getting the bums on the seats. Each to their own though.

The powers that be will have a pretty rigidly fixed budget for this one I expect and the cost of policing, stewarding, catering & cleaning would be more than the could stomach i'd expect. It's unfortunate for us that they won't even be an a position for that problem to arise.

good points EightSixteen. It would be a pain in the arse though, should this ever happen, being refused extra tickets because the buyers would then not have an over zealous nazi steward looking after them. And the fact you might not get a pie.

Every minor detail that was once irrelevant in football, say 30-40 years ago, now has massive relevance in the eyes of the powers that be. They really are a silly bunch :(

6,000 'Well fans I reckon. Then if we win we can look forward to folk greeting at us only getting about 12,000 for the final against Celtic, despite it being double the number of folk who could be arsed with the semi.

• Like 1

Based on our normal home attendances if we manage to take about 6000, then considering current economic condtions, and fact it's free on council tv and a stupid time, then it aint that bad. Remember we've been lucky to get 3500 at home games recently. 6000 will still make plenty of noise.

When the cup is involved most teams, outwith the old firm, fan attendance increases. The old firm are lucky to get 50% of there normal turnout. Yet they are the ones shouting the most to get more tickets.

6,000 'Well fans I reckon. Then if we win we can look forward to folk greeting at us only getting about 12,000 for the final against Celtic, despite it being double the number of folk who could be arsed with the semi.

given that we took 16,000 to the final in 2005 with Rangers, and the fact that the Scottish Cup is bigger PLUS all the hype around it being 20 years since we won the cup, i think if we got to the final with Celtic we could be looking at near on 20,000 'Well fans at Hampden, and perhaps even more if it was Aberdeen since some people are put off games involving the Old Scum :)

here's hoping :drinks:

given that we took 16,000 to the final in 2005 with Rangers, and the fact that the Scottish Cup is bigger PLUS all the hype around it being 20 years since we won the cup, i think if we got to the final with Celtic we could be looking at near on 20,000 'Well fans at Hampden, and perhaps even more if it was Aberdeen since some people are put off games involving the Old Scum :)

We had 8500-9000 at the beginning of the season for Odense. With only a small minority being Odense fans then it would be fair to say that there is about 8000 Well fans that have shown themselves willing to go to an important game. 10-11000 against nancy as well would back up the theory that there are still fans out there willing to come along.

The problem is that ticket prices and an almost empty Hampden will put some of the fans who could have been convinced off coming along. Poor decision making from the powers that be are putting the fringe fans off at every available opportunity.

I am still hopeful however of between 8000-10,000 Well fans. Anything less would be slightly embarrasing.

I have never been more excited about a game in my 20years of support but I wont be there. It's on the telly, and every time one of our games is on the telly I take a pragmatic approach and see it as an opportunity to save money and enjoy a superior view of the game. That's just the way it is.

While the team would benefit from a vast support I fear many will be in my boat. Content with screaming from our armchairs holding a can of tennents and 'fissed as a part.'

Dreaming of another glorious occasion like the scenes, pre match, at the cis final in 05.

There is still time for me to change my mind though...

• Like 1

I have never been more excited about a game in my 20years of support but I wont be there. It's on the telly, and every time one of our games is on the telly I take a pragmatic approach and see it as an opportunity to save money and enjoy a superior view of the game. That's just the way it is.

While the team would benefit from a vast support I fear many will be in my boat. Content with screaming from our armchairs holding a can of tennents and 'fissed as a part.'

Dreaming of another glorious occasion like the scenes, pre match, at the cis final in 05.

put it this way how often do u get to see motherwell in the semi of a cup competition, i know it has happend twice this year but it could be a long time before something like this happens again and even if the worst comes to the worst and we dont get to the final its still a great day out

As for the crowd i think a lot of fans will leave it to the last minute and well take closer to 10,000

It's all very well saying there could be 20,000 'Well fans up for going to the final, but it doesn't mean we'd get that allocation. What size of allocation do non-Old Firm sides usually get in a Scottish Cup final against one half of the Scum? If we can only muster around 6,000 for the semi-final, then I really don't see why the SFA should look to give us 20,000 for the final.

As for the semi-final itself, the total number isn't what really bothers me. 6,000 'Well fans would still be capable of creating a good atmosphere. The problem is it's going to be 6,000 ridiculously split into three sections. :rolleyes:

I have never been more excited about a game in my 20years of support but I wont be there.

You can't seriously be that excited then surely? If it was genuinely the most excited about a game you've been in 20 years of supporting Motherwell, then surely you'd be going? Or am I just completely missing the point here?! :huh:

It's all very well saying there could be 20,000 'Well fans up for going to the final, but it doesn't mean we'd get that allocation. What size of allocation do non-Old Firm sides usually get in a Scottish Cup final against one half of the Scum? If we can only muster around 6,000 for the semi-final, then I really don't see why the SFA should look to give us 20,000 for the final.

As for the semi-final itself, the total number isn't what really bothers me. 6,000 'Well fans would still be capable of creating a good atmosphere. The problem is it's going to be 6,000 ridiculously split into three sections. :rolleyes:

i know in recent years, Dunfermline took 18,000 or thereabouts for a final with Celtic. Dundee United had 20,000 for a final against Rangers. Granted, United are a bigger team but i don't think an allocation of 20,000 against Celtic is tooooo out of our reach.

As for the semi that we must win of course, 4,500 been sold by lunchtime 5 days prior to the game? I think we can expect a very healthy flurry for tickets in the remaining days to take us well over the 6,000 mark.

And like you said, even with a 6,000 'Well support we can still make a right racket! :)

MON THE WELL! :woop:

i know in recent years, Dunfermline took 18,000 or thereabouts for a final with Celtic. Dundee United had 20,000 for a final against Rangers. Granted, United are a bigger team but i don't think an allocation of 20,000 against Celtic is tooooo out of our reach.

Fair enough, I didn't actually know what sort of allocation teams usually get against the Old Firm in a Scottish Cup final. I think nowadays, with ticket costs etc, 20,000 might be a little too far, but I'd expect us to take 15,000 - 18,000 to the final.

Perhaps a bit too early to be talking about final allocations though to be fair! :whistling:

Still reckon we'll take about 6,000 on Saturday but anything over that would be great.

We had 8500-9000 at the beginning of the season for Odense.

Not sure if the £10 juvenille ticket price had a baring on the Europa crowd. Even though the £15/5 family ticket for Hampden is cheaper than a combined £20(adult) / £10 (Juvenille) Odense ticket. Other factors to think about are, it was held at Fir Park and was not live on council telly.

I hope your boat gets hit by a torpedo in that case!

Yes your view at home will be better and yes you can drink cans of tennents (although i hope you choke on it) but you wont get a proper taste of the atmosphere, get to be involved in and properly see the display that has been mentioned and if we win you wont be able to celebrate with fellow well fans.

Get a grip man, away up to FP and get yerself a ticket.

• Like 7

Not sure if the £10 juvenille ticket price had a baring on the Europa crowd. Even though the £15/5 family ticket for Hampden is cheaper than a combined £20(adult) / £10 (Juvenille) Odense ticket. Other factors to think about are, it was held at Fir Park and not live on council telly.

Another issue is that if we get to the Final and we are due to play Cellic, you will get 'floating' fans who wont go purely because we are playing Cellic, and the likelihood of adults taking their full family to the game will also be smaller due to the issues that Cellic fans can cause as well as our odds of actually getting a win. If we play Aberdeen in the Final, I reckon we would manage 20k-ish, if it were Cellic I'd expect a fair bit less 12-15k-ish.

Another issue is that if we get to the Final and we are due to play Cellic, you will get 'floating' fans who wont go purely because we are playing Cellic, and the likelihood of adults taking their full family to the game will also be smaller due to the issues that Cellic fans can cause as well as our odds of actually getting a win. If we play Aberdeen in the Final, I reckon we would manage 20k-ish, if it were Cellic I'd expect a fair bit less 12-15k-ish.

Even though we took 16k against Rnagers in the CIS?? I honestly don't think people think, its against the old firm, I wont go. If we took 16k in '05 I'd fully expect us to take a fair bit more in the Scottish Cup, especially with the 20th anniversary n all that.

But talking about this is makin me edgy. Bring on Saturday first!!

Fair enough, I didn't actually know what sort of allocation teams usually get against the Old Firm in a Scottish Cup final. I think nowadays, with ticket costs etc, 20,000 might be a little too far, but I'd expect us to take 15,000 - 18,000 to the final.

Perhaps a bit too early to be talking about final allocations though to be fair! :whistling:

Still reckon we'll take about 6,000 on Saturday but anything over that would be great.

i know Jay, I think i might be getting a bit too caught up in the hype methinks! :lol:

I'm usually more self disciplined than this. I've just never seen a better opportunity for a Motherwell team to grab greatness by the baws B-)

St Johnstone certainly will not be pushovers. I've seen many glorious failures watching Motherwell, and if everything goes tits up, i'll still be there next week. Because that's just the way football goes sometimes :nod:

that said, LETS FUCKIN DO THIS MOTHERWELL!! :woop:

As you say 'well done, it s a great opportunity and I'm really looking forward to it, but being favourites in a game like this doesnt suit us! Stjohnstone will be quietly confident too I think. They have some very good players, and can certainly cause us problems, I think if Motherwell play at our best, as we have done more and more recently, we can match anybody, and stjohnstone should be no problem, but I doubt they'll go out with a wimper like Dundee utd did, and as good as we've played in games, a good start and opponents off days have helped.

El pidge, I'm always banging the drum that footballs too expensive, and agree that spending £20 on a ticket + costs for a game that's on tv is hard to justify, if you were talking about Kilmarnock away the other week, or an international friendly I'd be right behind you!

But this is the semi-final of the Scottish cup, a great chance to get to the final, something we've only done 3 times in our 124 year history (I think?).

• Like 1