Semi-Final Non-Match Discussion Thread

pretzel

Cheers WeeYin wouldn't like to get up at 6.30am to see the game and MYp2p mess it up so sounds like they have it at correct time then.

I am hopin to be able to make it back as i did in 1991 didn't bother for the league cup ( phew ) but did go to the pub in Austin to see it and was bummed that I drove even that far after that display. Hoping the SEMI final will be a thing of beauty, a joy to watch as we rip them apart but more than willing to accept a deep into injury time winner with the ball heading by the post only to bounce off the ref and land in the net.

Was funny when i came back in 1991. I had my scarf on when I left Austin ( scorchin hot ) all the way to motherwell. Had to go through Paris airport as it was cheapest way. I am wandering around outside hampden to go to the gate when some stranger passing by blurts out....." Hey! I saw you in the airport at Paris yesterday"

Still got my plastic back with scarf, video, papers program etc from that day!!! I also have newspaper form 1952 cup final victory. Got that from my uncle who was with me that day so he got to see them win the cup twice. Sadly he is long gone now but hopefully I wil get to join him in being able to say I have seen Motherwell lift the cup twice............................of course there's still the matter of that pesky semi final to get through first!

once again the idiots at strathclyde polis want us to travel to hampden via the m73, m8 and m77.

bus routes

this is despite it adding a good few miles onto our journey which will add to the petrol costs and time of travel for our fans. this was a stupid idea when we played celtic and an even worse when we are getting shunted round glasgow to accomodate 4000 fans coming from perth.

why do the club stand for this pish?

Hope you folks that are on the Fir Park buses relaise that they will depart form hampden at 3.15 Prompt and as such will proabably miss the penalty shoot-out (if it goes that at far.)

ko 12.45

full time : 2.35

Extra time : 2.40

Penalties :3.10 (leave to catch bus)

This may have been noted already, but I'm just in from a supporters club meeting in Edinburgh, and was more than a little surprised to be told the official site is indicating the buses on Saturday will be leaving at 11am prompt !

Checked my bus ticket, and it states 11.15 prompt, but would be grateful if the club would clarify, as I can't believe I'm the only one who'd could have been caught out big time if they have changed it to 11am.

There may be a reason for the change, indeed it may be a typo by Flow or whoever, but if it's different from the ticket time, they'd best get the news out, and fast.

MON RA DOSSERS

I'm at a retirement doo in Glasgae tonight and with the early start on Saturday....... :drinks:

So to the players and Well fans every where on Saturday,Good luck !!!!!! Lets make it a day to remember..............enjoy yourself.......get behind the team......etc etc

:cheers:

COME ON YE WWWWWEEEEEEELLLLLLL !!!!!

PS my nerves are shattered already :doh:

• Like 1

Hope you folks that are on the Fir Park buses relaise that they will depart form hampden at 3.15 Prompt and as such will proabably miss the penalty shoot-out (if it goes that at far.)

ko 12.45

full time : 2.35

Extra time : 2.40

Penalties :3.10 (leave to catch bus)

So they think over 1000 or so fans will just walk out and miss a semi-final shootout?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a lot of road works in and around hampden just now so this is why the police have had to set this up to try and stop congestion

There might be a lot of road works around Hampden just now I don't know, but we were given the same route for the CIS Cup semi against Celtic a few years ago and it was tortuous then.

Anyone else driving in ?

I'm gonna go in the M74/London Road/Shawfield way (as per the Directions for St J fans) then park on the street somewhere (opposite end of stadium of where we are) then walk round to our end. That should be a lot quicker than taking the bus routes

Anyone else doin that, or any other recommendations?

There might be a lot of road works around Hampden just now I don't know, but we were given the same route for the CIS Cup semi against Celtic a few years ago and it was tortuous then.

The evening rush hour in Glasgow? Unless they've rescheduled that or the morning one all will be well.

The Davie Cooper Bar

For safety reasons, all drinks purchased from the Davie Cooper Bar will be served in plastic tumblers. Due to the high volume of fans expected on Saturday morning, we'd ask that you be patient, we're working on a first come / first served basis but you WILL get served!

The Davie Cooper Suite will be open on our return from Hampden with entertainment in the form of Karaoke and a DJ – the final score will determine how long our party lasts…

DAVIE COOPER CONCOURSE

Due to the volume of fans expected on Saturday morning, the Davie Cooper Concourse will be OPEN for shelter and the additional toilet facilities. Stewards will be on duty to ensure your safety and assist with any questions you may have.

This area will host an INFORMATION POINT where details of your bus pick-up points will be posted

REMEMBER IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GET TO YOUR BUS IN TIME!

Check your bus number then click the link for your departure point...

http://www.motherwel...-information-2/

A claxon will sound at 10:45am and again at 11am to signal that buses are preparing to depart.

Kiosk Information

The Davie Cooper Kiosk will be open from 9am on Saturday morning.

As well as Hotdogs, a selection of crisps, sweets, juice and hot drinks will be available.