Missed Out Again

Dazzer

Yet again Motherwell Players have been missed out on the shortlist for awards this year, same old, same old.

Not even a nomination for any of the young talent at Motherwell.

perplexed to say the least.

Edited by Dazzer

Dunno why you are perplexed, its the Players POTY, hard to argue that at least his year they have players that would be near the top of most peoples list

Kilmarnock's Alexei Eremenko, Steven Naismith of Rangers and Celtic pair Gary Hooper and Emilio Izaguirre are the nominees as Scotland's player of the year

Randolph would be the only 'Well player that could challenge them, I guess the players who voted just didn't rate him quite high enough

must admit when reading it that did surprise me a little, guess he gets better press than our boys, Murph did have a few months of peak and well Randolph is a Keeper

YPOTY:Hooper is also in the young player category with Dundee United's David Goodwillie, Chris Maguire of Aberdeen, and Hearts' David Templeton.

Maguire was flying for a few months when Craig Brown arrived. Murphy's a better player but I guess the timing of his inconsistency has cost him a nomination on this occassion.

Hooper should walk ypoty. Izaguirre would be my poty.

Exactly. Murphy was utter pish for a few weeks at the wrong time. If we are honest, Randolph is the only 'Well player that should be even considered.

Eremenko has been fantastic, but one of the Old Firm players will undoutedly win.

I don't think we have anyone who has been consistent enough over the whole season to merit a nomination. However I'm not convinced that Naismith, Hooper, Templeton or Maguire have been especially consistent either. Not really sure who I would have gone for this time.

Yet again Motherwell Players have been missed out on the shortlist for awards this year, same old, same old.

Not even a nomination for any of the young talent at Motherwell.

perplexed to say the least.

Maybe because there are better players in other teams...? :rolleyes:

Who would you nominate for the awards then?

I don't think we have anyone who has been consistent enough over the whole season to merit a nomination. However I'm not convinced that Naismith, Hooper, Templeton or Maguire have been especially consistent either. Not really sure who I would have gone for this time.

See I would say Darren Rondolph has been solid since day one. He has hardly put a foot wrong all season, and has set a new record for clean sheets by a Motherwell 'keeper in the one term.

I don't think any Motherwell players deserve to be in the Player of the Year running. We scraped into the top six while teams like Hearts romped away and at one point were looking like they could catch the old firm.

The dip in the middle part of the season is why none of our players are up for awards.

Also young players like Murphy and Saunders had fantastic starts to the season then dipped away and came back. Guys like Goodwillie have been solid all season and Templeton at Hearts had about six months where he was unplayable. If Murphy had continued his start to the season all the way through he would be a stick on for YPY and also probably being signed by some EPL outfit.

Next season!

• Like 1