Florida Park Pub

airfinz

To be fair it's turned into that already, and for what it's worth I agree with BB and John_M_F_C, the people claiming that you need 'wit' and guile' and what not to be real Motherwell fans don't really know what they're talking about and just look daft claiming that.

i cannae get over this 'wit and guile' claim, hilarious stuff.

i personally think you need the eyes of a hawk, the strength of a bear, ears of a wolf and speed of a puma before you can consider yourself a true fan.

What gets me is if a Motherwell dick was getting abuse from a St J dick why didn't he just take it outside then & there? Why did he have to phone his mates to come & help him? Typical bully in reality nothing more than a coward. Oh & i realise this comment will get the SS or whatever the fuck these twats call themselves typing angry exclamation marks like a typical internet hardman but my message to you is grow the fuck up.

What gets me is if a Motherwell dick was getting abuse from a St J dick why didn't he just take it outside then & there? Why did he have to phone his mates to come & help him? Typical bully in reality nothing more than a coward. Oh & i realise this comment will get the SS or whatever the fuck these twats call themselves typing angry exclamation marks like a typical internet hardman but my message to you is grow the fuck up.

Aye very good, Jail time and banning orders haven't made it go away but an angry man in Australia telling you to grow up might just put an end to men fighting in pubs. :notworthy:

MMA classes don't consist of numpties "battering the shite" out of each other. In fact, you'll usually find that they consist of some of the nicest, most decent characters you'll find anywhere.

Yes i agree, however i put the word 'organised' in such brackets because i wasn't having a dig at the by the book ones you are describing - an excellent way to get fit by the way for those that find the gym boring.

I was more pointing at the other ones that exist in abundance and remind me of something out of the Karate Kid movie with some power hungry 'tutor' teaching the art of hurting folk for nae reason.... sadly plenty of these places also exist, i've seen them.

I've resisted posting on this thread, but some of the nonsense that has been said on here is hilarious.

Once again some people have used these events to have a go at the casuals, i think we all agree that what happened was out of order. I was up the back of the pub and seen it all, the young lads charged in shouting SS and to be honest the SJ boys finished it as quickly as it started.

The wit and guile claim is ridiculous. Can i suggest to the club that there is an aptitude test for cup final tickets. This should weed out any supporters of poor intellect.

The people against this sort of behaviour should arrange a fight with those for it,

They'll have to fight over where to have it first though...

well just let us neutrals know

Florida Park pub, May 21st high noon

Bolt! The hint to my name is also wrong tadger.

So when I was at the midweek game in Aberdeen on a wet Tuesday with a £500 jacket I wasn't a real fan then? How about St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Brechin, Forfar, Stranraer, Denmark and so on etc...

Why have to make the choice between trips and clobber, when you can have both? No need to go to a match dressed like a Christmas tree and look like a dick.

Let's not forget the scraps in Nancy between guys dressed head to toe in Motherwell gear, both in the stadium and pub.

No doubt this thread will just descend into the "Real Fan" debate, which has been proven time and again who the real fans are...

As an aside, the fighting in a crowded pub is most definitely a no no.

I just hope it was a waterproof £500 jacket cos it was a minging night for sure.

That aside who determines what makes a "real fan" this fella appears to go to away games as well as home games possibly has a ST but certainly appears to spend much of his money following the team.

Fair enough he doesn't wear colours etc. but is that not just excercising his right to choose ?

The one thing we ALL agree on is that scrapping in a pub full of people isnae on, in the days when the "Casuals" were prominent in football they tended to knock lumps out of each other in big open spaces away from most people. If thats what floats their boat then let them crack on just keep it away form the game and populated areas in general please.

these casuals have too much money

I know for a fact that in England and wales you will find all kinds of professionals participate in this past time.

You will find lawyers,managing directors, multi millionaires who own many businesses.

One lad i know from the valleys is a vet and loves nothing more than good clothes and a scrap :nod:

The stereotypical casual is far from reality.

It is in England and wales anyway i don't know about up this way. :huh:

I think you'll find it really has. Apart from a random group of wee neds throwing handbags, it seems to have been all but eradicated.

What makes you say that Trucks?. I agree its made some difference but it is no where near being eradicated.

If you dig deep enough into any professional club in the land you will find a casual element. Even in the league of wales. Look at this vid. There's a few bits throughout this video.

The banning orders did have an effect but in my opinion the casual scene is back on the rise.

The last few years in England its become more common on the terraces.

Just because it doesn't get reported doesn't mean its not happening. Take a look at good old you tube you will be surprised. :thumbup:

We're still miles behind most of Europe though. I've not heard of a foreign fan being hung from a railing because he was the same nationality as the foreign club (in daylight, and full view of witnesses - although there were no witnesses).

We don't have stabbings every week, or rights in the terraces like our Central/Eastern Europeans.

To most of Europe's casual world, and other parts of the world ours isn't even worthy of being called handbags.

Better add, as has already been discussed don't care if people want to have a little scuffle before/after the match as long as they pay to watch the match/have a season ticket and keep it away from the public tbh.