Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

We know who we will face in the Final now so I thought I would get a thread started for the match as it is obviously going to be an exciiting time leading up to one of the biggest games in the clubs history. Here, you can post your Predictions, Team Lineups, Stories, Thoughts, Feelings, etc about the match and what you think will happen before, during and after the match.

She Wore, She Wore

Obviously we are not the favourites but it's a final, it's a one off game and we can definitely win it and I hope our supporters and club staff and players have that attitude.

Celtic are beatable, we have already beaten them and our defeats have been close ones. One game away from glory, one great performance from lifting the cup.

Celtic will be there next season or the season after that but it might be another 20 years or longer before we get this chance again so when the chance of victory is rare you better take it.

The fans should give the team 100% backing and hopefully the players give us 100% on the field.

If they do we have a chance of having the greatest day in the history of the club.

'MON THE WELL!

I am predicting a 2-1 victory for the mighty Well! Our name is on the cup this year.

Our players will give it everything our suporters will give it everything and we will come back with our heads held high and a trophy for our cabinet.

It is going to be a long month waiting for the 21st of May.

Ex pats aside there shouldn't be much discussion during the game. In recent years Dundee, Gretna, QOS, Falkirk, and Ross County have all got to the Scottish Cup Final. Every one an underdog. Every one a loser. Hearts and Dundee Utd beating Rangers aside shocks in the MAIN Cup seldom happen. Even down South the big teams prevail nine times out of ten.

The task at hand is MASSIVE. One of the biggest we will ever face......but not impossible. I stayed positive in the hunt for the top six and for us getting to the Final. If we win we need Celtic to not be at their best. We need to be 100% on. Every player. We will also need some crucial luck. Something I think has deserted us this season.

Motherwell 2 Celtic 2 AET.

Motherwell win 4-3 on penalties.

The hard way.

Bit too early to be making score predictions, plenty of things could happen between now and the end of the season that might increase or decrease our chances, even in a one-off game. Obviously still feeling quite optimistic at the moment given the result yesterday, but ask me again in four weeks' time :)

I certainly don't see us freezing on the day as Charlie Nicholas tried to suggest after the Aberdeen-Celtic semi-final today.

I look around the squad and see a number of grizzly battle hardened pros in there. Folk like Craigan with his 50 plus caps and 300 odd games behind him, Lasley and Hammell close behind in appearances for us, Jeffers, Ross and Sutton too with considerable experience behind them.

Sure we've some youngsters but even they have had European campaigns behind them and visits to Hampden this season too.

And whilst he might be approaching it from the underdog perspective our gaffer has plenty experience of how to handle the build up to a Cup Final.

I think it might have been Finlay who pointed out the hidden benefits for our squad in recent seasons of gaining that mentality that is needed to secure the likes of that 3rd place under McGhee, the top six finishes under Brown and McCall and making progress in Europe.

I have faith that these group of players that if Celtic do beat us on the day it won't be through our bottle crashing.

• Like 1

I have faith that these group of players that if Celtic do beat us on the day it won't be through our bottle crashing.

Yup, I don't see a repeat of 2005. We have a good blend of experience and youth, and if we don't win we will certainly push Celtic all the way.

Nickerlass has previous for making an erse of it, Arsenal over Liverpool being his biggest f*ck up of all. Why would this Motherwell team bottle anything? Probably the biggest couple of weeks this club has ever faced and we not only secured top six but also wellied the cup holders and cruised through the Semi-Final. That sounds like anything other than bottlers. GIRUY.

Too early for line ups,formations etc a lotta games to go before the final ' One thing we have to put to bed is all the mentality that if we talk about winning then we wont,if we have a big support we will blow it etc etc. The toughest thing is to get to the final ,plenty great teams didn' t manage it so, i 'll start by saying " We're there and we are going to beat that shower of shite, Bring the Fuckers on !":yes:

when I heard we had Celtic in the final my head dropped, not because I don't we can beat them but because of all the bullshit I'm going to have to deal with from all old scum fans for the next 34 days

As a motherwell fan you are lucky if you get to see your team in a major cup final once in your life, i have now been to 2, scottish cup 1991 and CIS 2005, and now it will be 3

so l am going to enjoy every minute of it. We will be underdogs but who cares, Celtic are beatable as we have proved already this season, so we have nothing to fear. Lets get as many well fans as we can to Hampden on the day, its been 20 years since we won anything, so as the East stand mob stated at the dundee united game its time for new hero's.

Last game of the season another Skippy sunday, beating Celtic at their own midden to deny them the league title, then another 4-3 AET victory to win the cup a week later, :whistling:

and i will die a happy man. mon the well

Sure we've some youngsters but even they have had European campaigns behind them and visits to Hampden this season too.

I thinks thats one reason why we did so well yesterday Andy.

couldn't agree more.

in the last year or so we've had the cis semi and the euro run plus the 6-6 and 3-3 comebacks against hibs and rangers. this looks like a team that believes it can get results in big games.

when we beat celtic in febraury i bet everyone in the ground thought 'we've scored too early' but the players stayed calm and never looked like conceding. up at aberdeen we had lost six on the saturday then they scored after 5 minutes but they stayed calm and went onto dominate the game. this is a team with baws.

Can't see it but Probably, if anything more to do with asking for what is our right. Half the tickets...

Aye but the flipside is that not selling our quota = less money for us.

The bigger the crowd the better financially.