Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

Just seen a pic of the Timmies hijacking the "turn your backs" Man City celebration ,got me thinking. Be great if we could come up with or hijack a wee chant / song to get the Well end bouncing as the players came out. (you are my well,my only well is a bit pish to be honest ) Something simple people could pick up easily even in the hour before kick off. Imagine if the players walked out to that.

Mon the Well

Iv been trying to say we need some tidy new chants for years now but motherwell fans seem reluctant when it comes to change :lol:

Perhaps if we had some decent chants more will get involved and take part.

Yes we have a few songs but its not songs we need its some new chants.

I don't like "You are my well" very much and i don't think it sounds very good like.

I like "well well super well".

"We are motherwell fc", is alright but every club in the land has a version.

Motherwell motherwell motherwell, motherwell motherwell motherwell. is the best because its simple and you can make a real racket with it. also i find folk chant it with more heart than the others.

Im probably talking pish because i usually am. :lol:

What about this one hay. simple but i think 15,000 of us doing this would be very impressive indeed.

i usually bite my tongue on here because im generally a nice guy and cant be fucked with arguing on the Internet but this mjc is doing me swede in.

Hes either on a wind up or hes suffering depression or something.

No offence mate but if this forum had a feature where you can block users you would be very lonely on here.

Is there a reason why your so negative? :mellow:

I normally do the same but I feel the need to speak; MJC is entitled to his opinion, one that in this case I definitely agree with. It's great to be in a cup final and I'm loving the build up to it and I'll hopefully be there (3rd game of the season, glory hunter in the extreme!) but (in my humble opinion) we ain't got a chance of lifting the trophy. Just coz he's a bit negative doesn't mean he deserves the level of abuse he's had in this thread (not you WMIW but others).

Just my opinion though.

And I'm pretty sure you can block users.

• Like 1

First thought was the number of mentions of Motherwell rollercoaster by Delboy in a week :cheese: but seeing as the numbers are going down can't be that....

Nah, its the number of days until the Cup Final I'm guessing.

Nice idea actually!

I normally do the same but I feel the need to speak; MJC is entitled to his opinion, one that in this case I definitely agree with. It's great to be in a cup final and I'm loving the build up to it and I'll hopefully be there (3rd game of the season, glory hunter in the extreme!) but (in my humble opinion) we ain't got a chance of lifting the trophy. Just coz he's a bit negative doesn't mean he deserves the level of abuse he's had in this thread (not you WMIW but others).

Just my opinion though.

why would you go if you don't think we can win?

15,000 people in C&A; scarfs over the head; She wore, she wore.

We'll have bits o card over our heads wont we, what with this display ? :D But aye, problem is people only sing that once over an it doesnt last long enough for everybdy to join in. Has to be sung over again ysee.

If it was a one off, then that might be true. However, every week before every game he posts the same negative views on how Celtic, Rangers, Brechin, Dundee or whoever will gub us. I doubt he believes most of it himself, but his lack of enthusiasm for any Motherwell game has turned into self-parody and deserves to be mocked.

There I was sitting watching the tele the other night, when the Hovis advert came on.

You know the one, crowd of farmers having a race.

The tune they use is The william Tell Overture.

It was used back in the late 'fifties for 2 shows on the tele,The Lone Ranger and William Tell.

Anyway, I remembered the words they used on the William tell show and found myself singing;;

Come Away Come Away with Motherwell

Come Away With The Team That Does So Well

What a Day What A Day For Motherwell

What A DAAAAAAY For Motherwell

I'm not that good with words etc. but I'm sure some of our musicians and lyrcists out there could maybe tidy it up.

Try it and see what youse think???

Just my opinion though.

There was no abuse in my post.

I put across my opinion and mentioned some famous victories against Celtic.

My positive post was counteracting his negative post.

It is a Scottish Cup Final for fecks sake, only our 2nd in 59 years?

If you don't have a wee bit of hope what is the point in going to the game?

We do have a chance, of course we do!

The games I mentioned were all famous victories against the mhanky mhob:-

The 3rd round Scottish Cup game mid 70's 3 -2 after being 2 - 0 down, Willie Pettigrew scoring the winner.

The 4 - 2 victory in the 1991 semi final replay after being 2 -1 down at half time. Colin O'Neil's long range screamer to make it 3 - 2 then Kirkie seals it.

The 1994 / 95 Scottish Cup Tommy Coyne 1 -0 game and, not forgetting,

Skippy Sunday, when we were rank outsiders but came back from being 1 - 0 down when they were poised to win the League on our territory.

Celtic are not, nor ever have been, unbeatable, as these results show.

In every one of those games we had no chance. (Or so they thought)

Have some hope guys, where there is a Claret and Amber shirt then miracles can and do happen .:notworthy:

I know, coz I was there. :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: