Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

See to be honest, after Saturdays perfomance, I wouldn't have Maurice Ross near that right back slot in the final. Hately at right back for me.

Fair point, he had a shocker! Thought he was good previously though. Saunders aerial threat at set pieces makes him a contender for rb in my opinion too!

See to be honest, after Saturdays perfomance, I wouldn't have Maurice Ross near that right back slot in the final. Hately at right back for me.

To be fair, if you were picking the Cup Final team based on Saturday's performance, none of that shower would be in the team.

Have to echo what's been said above. McCall got his tactics spot on against Celtic before and I think we should set our stall out similarly to both that game and the CIS semi-final. I'd leave Jeffers on the bench to start with, I'm sure he could make an impact from the bench.

For me, the big position up for grabs is right back. One bad game doesn't make a bad player, but Saunders was stinkin' at Tynecastle last week and Ross had a similar level of performance on Saturday, so both will need to up their performance. To add to that, if we are playing 4-5-1, Hateley may be needed in midfield.

I'd happily play Forbes in a centre midfield three, but I doubt that will be case. I thought he was our best player in the goalless game at Tynecastle and he hasn't seen a minute of football since, despite us having "nothing to play for".

Agree with most of you guys, playing 4-4-2 with Murphy and Humphrey as 2 of the 4 in midfield would be suicide at Hampden against Celtic. We must play 4-5-1 in my opinion. I would go with Randolph, Ross, Hammell, Craigan, Hutchinson, Hately, Lasley, Jennings, Humphrey, Sutton, Murphy. With a bench of Gunning, Jeffers, Jones, McHugh and Hollis.

Totally agree, though he played him self out of the Final on Saturday.

We had three players in contention for right back but if Hateley plays in midfield, I'd rather stick Saunders in there than Ross.

Of course it depends on Saunders not being injured and keeping his form up but Ross had a bit of a howler it has to be said.

I'd also pick Hutchinson over Gunning any day of the week and Craigan has to start to.

Agree with the 4-5-1 formation with us looking to Murphy and Humphrey to attack. Celtic's full backs are better attacking than defending so it's important we try and given them something to worry about and not let them come on to us and push us back.

I'd have someone follow Kris Commons all afternoon.

Celtic are pretty strong across the midfield, in fact three of my four midfield picks for team of the season would be Celtic midfielders but I do think they are dodgy in defence and if you can pressure them we can definitely one or two goals.

--------------------------------Randolph

Ross(Saunders if fit) - Craigan - Hutch - Hammell

--------------------------------Hateley

--------------------- Jenno ------------- Las

Humphry -------------------------------- Murphy

-------------------------------- Sutton

Thats how I'd like us to start. But I'd be ready to switch to 4-4-2 if we go a goal down.

if we get in about them like we did at fir park and like inverness did tonight we will win the cup i have no doubts about that as celtic dont like it when you get into them. That big baldy swede is hopeless murphy will roast him at hampden :thumbup:

Yes im a wee bit more optomistic now having seen Caley tear em to ribbons. Hopefully the wide Hampden soaces with Murphy and The Humph running at em. We need to close Commons down mind you he packs a decent shot. :mellow:

Caley have proved tonight how vulnerable Celtic are if you get your tactics and formation right , then have a go at them . Only seen last 30 mins but in that time , although Celtic had a few decent chances to score , Caley could also have increased their lead .

Start with attack minded team with 2 wide men running at them as we did in the league game at F/P , and 21st May 2011 could be to a new generation of Well fans what 18th May 1991 was to us old timers , the best day of ur life bar none , Mon The Well !

We have to win the cup now to get into Europe & wouldn't it be all the sweeter because it would GIRU Houston and Goodwillie. The trouble is the cup is now Celtic's only chance of silverware so they will be even more determined (read that as including refs being even more biased). Yes they were shite against ICT but after we pumped them they went on a run of great form so annoyed they have got their bad game out their system.

Lennon said on radio Scotland it MIGHT be a broken arm or wrist.

Kayal definetly misses the final...........He's Ooot . Best player they have by a long shot too.