Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

My cup final fever has somewhat evaporated after these 2 recent gubbings. Defeat of Killie will see it almost extinguished completely.

My fever hasnt my diminished but my confidence in a result have dropped dramatically! Sure a lot of people might be the same! Not necessarily a bad thing mind you as a lot of peoples expectations where maybe slightly high and will make it even sweeter if we get a result.

The irony is that we won't be giving a f*ck on Sunday and will roll over to give Celtic a victory should it mean they could win the league!

Naturally i want Celtic to win the league if it means another juant in Europe for Motherwell. But i do not like the thought of Motherwell lying down to anyone, no matter what is at stake.

I have no doubt he's made the statement knowing full well Celtic fans will take it to mean nasty mini-h**s like ourselves have been lying down.

If it means costing them any form of success, they can think wotever they like :wank:

The irony is that we won't be giving a f*ck on Sunday and will roll over to give Celtic a victory should it mean they could win the league!

Or we take the 3ptson Sunday, they came out on a revenge mission the following week, and get suckered again!:yahoo:

My cup final fever has somewhat evaporated after these 2 recent gubbings. Defeat of Killie will see it almost extinguished completely.

Agree with this though. Win on Wed is essential.

What im looking for is a wee edge ,celtic players getting injured and no makin the final is a definite plus for us ,celtic losing the league when they thought they had it won for me is a plus also, it really will be a devastating blow if they now [and i think the have] throw it away. :evilgrin:

I'm sorry if you can't work out what I'm doing, you could always ask a grown up person to explain it you :blum:

Did you get a grown up to do your facepaint or did you do it yourself?

• Like 1

Take out Kris Commons. Big danger.

Agreed. However, if Black plays against him tomorrow night he could always do us a favour for a change!

What im looking for is a wee edge ,celtic players getting injured and no makin the final is a definite plus for us ,celtic losing the league when they thought they had it won for me is a plus also, it really will be a devastating blow if they now [and i think the have] throw it away. :evilgrin:

Agreed. I really wasn't bothered watching them lose at ICT. What pleased me greatly was seeing that they CAN be beaten, especially when you get intae them. A confident, league winning Celtic team is not what we want at Hampden. We want a team of bitter losers with the world on their back. When we go 1-0 up they will explode!!

However as for the league game at Celtic park - can we not just send out some U15 players who haven't made it and are to be released to kick Izaguire and Commons off the park? Serious question, although perhaps not to such extremes! Will it be in McCall's mind to send out a reserve team to really knacker Celtic for the final knowing it may well be their first choice XI out?

Incidently, whenever I even think about the final my heart actually speeds up!! Unbelievable feeling of pure fear and utter excitement!!

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Stuart-McCall-will-field-weakened.6766176.jp

Stuart McCall will field weakened Motherwell side on Sunday

Published Date: 11 May 2011

By Ewing Grahame

MOTHERWELL manager Stuart McCall blasted claims from Celtic manager Neil Lennon that his players hadn't competed in their recent 5-0 defeat by Rangers at Fir Park - and then revealed that he'll field an under-strength side in Sunday's potential title decider at Parkhead.

The former Rangers and Scotland midfielder denied that his team had rolled over against his old club and claimed his only concern is making sure his players are in the best possible shape for the Scottish Cup final against Celtic the following weekend.

"I've pulled two or three lads in already and told them that I'm looking at leaving them out (on Sunday] and a couple of them have said; 'Oh no, I want to play at Parkhead' so we'll see," he said. "I'll do what I think is best for this club. The conspiracy theories started as soon as the post-split fixtures came out, with people saying that Motherwell would be in Europe if Celtic won the league.

"The balance has changed since then and it might change again but I'll do what's right for us. There will be some players who'll need a game and others who won't. Plus I don't want to show my hand before the final because it's Celtic we're playing the week after. My only focus is on winning the Scottish Cup."

McCall's side host Kilmarnock tonight and he'll restore the four regulars rested for the 4-0 defeat at Tannadice. "They'll be back for tonight's game and I'll be looking for performances because people can play themselves out of my cup final team as well as into it," he said.

Lennon questioned the commitment of Motherwell and Hearts in their defeats by Rangers. McCall, while refuting the allegations, refused to bandy words with the Irishman.

"I'm not too bothered what other people think," he said. "However, anyone who thinks I put out a team to lose a match obviously doesn't know me.

"If you look at our first-half performance against Rangers there was nothing to suggest that what happened was going to happen. We had a couple of chances but Allan McGregor made two excellent saves and then Rangers got a goal which shouldn't have been awarded just before the break.

"I told our lads that the next goal was crucial but, unfortunately, Steven Davis scored it and then Steven Naismith scored two goals the likes of which he'll never score again in the same match."

Kilmarnock caretaker manager Kenny Shiels reckons Motherwell will see tonight as a chance to get back on track before the final. "Motherwell have been playing very well but they have rested players in recent weeks against Hearts, Rangers and Dundee United," the Irishman said. "But they will see this game as a chance to get their confidence back ahead of the Scottish Cup final.

"They also know that they have the chance to get fifth place so they will be going all out to beat us. But we will be ready for them and we will be going out with the best intentions of winning the game. All teams in the top six are good teams so it is a challenge for us."

Looking at those pics it makes me thankful that the press haven't cottoned on and turned this into the Phil O'Donnell Final like they did with the Davie Cooper Final!

they might have forgotten that he played for motherwell.

the people who made the tribute video shown at parkhead last december certainly did.

Don't worry milo, this is a common symptom felt during a bout of Cup Fever. It's a feeling that commonly y follows an outstanding semi.

In time, the stomach butterflies and sweats will return along with insomnia and the childlike 'how many sleeps to the big day?"

I would leave it for few days, then have a day out in the big toon. Alchohol to be taken, with friends, as and when required.

Looking at those pics it makes me thankful that the press haven't cottoned on and turned this into the Phil O'Donnell Final like they did with the Davie Cooper Final!

Ally Maxwell was in the paper last week asking that everything is done to make this happen, with a minute silence before the game too.

Ally Maxwell was in the paper last week asking that everything is done to make this happen, with a minute silence before the game too.

TBH, I wouldn't be in favour of that. There comes a point when we need to move on, and for me, we are beyond that now.

• Like 4

TBH, I wouldn't be in favour of that. There comes a point when we need to move on, and for me, we are beyond that now.

I thought the same thing TBH. Maxwell said he'd be pretty angry if either club or the SFA didn't make it happen and pay some sort or repsect to Phil.

Been thinking about this.

Our old guard are Craigan, Lasley and Hammell who have probably a 1,000 appearances between them in claret and amber and have been the backbone of our team for donkeys ages.

Great servants all except for one problem - none of them ever score, well hardly ever anyway.

Well, Lasley scored at Hampden in the League Cup semi final against Rangers, one of only 2 goals he scored this season.

Then Craigan scored for the first time in about five seasons or something when he scored at Hampden in the Scottish Cup semi final against St. Johnstone.

That leaves Stevie Hammell and one more 'Well appearance at Hampden this season. Surely it's written in the fates that he'll score against Celtic.

Free kick, couple of minutes to go, nicely placed for a left footer, Stevie takes it, curls over the wall looks like it's going over like most of them, but no it's dipping, surely it will hit off the bar like a half dozen others down the years, aye, that's what will....no...wait....GOAL!!!!!!!

Hammell scores, we've won the cup, tie our ribbons on it SFA bods, its held aloft, get it up you Celtic. Celebration in the streets of Motherwell.

That's what's going to happen. Get down the bookies now and make a fortune.

• Like 3

With all the flak currently flying about the Neil Lennon incident at Tynecastle and threatened subsequent actions we have to be aware of our own actions on the day. Some press are reporting that both Hearts and Celtic face consequences because of the songs they sang on the night. About time too, although the other culprits across Glasgow are conveviently forgotten. It make it very important that we, as a support, do not react in the wrong way at the Final. Let's keep the songs purely football based. If that includes "If you hate Neil Lennon" then we would argue that is because of his actions and comments as a manager and not because of any sectarian anti-Northern Ireland Catholic reason. Celtic fans would think otherwise and no doubt make it a reason to point fingers at our support as they are currently at their paranoid and deflecting worst. We have to be careful on the day so let's keep the moral high ground and don't let the team down.

• Like 1