Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

With all the flak currently flying about the Neil Lennon incident at Tynecastle and threatened subsequent actions we have to be aware of our own actions on the day. Some press are reporting that both Hearts and Celtic face consequences because of the songs they sang on the night. About time too, although the other culprits across Glasgow are conveviently forgotten. It make it very important that we, as a support, do not react in the wrong way at the Final. Let's keep the songs purely football based. If that includes "If you hate Neil Lennon" then we would argue that is because of his actions and comments as a manager and not because of any sectarian anti-Northern Ireland Catholic reason. Celtic fans would think otherwise and no doubt make it a reason to point fingers at our support as they are currently at their paranoid and deflecting worst. We have to be careful on the day so let's keep the moral high ground and don't let the team down.

Good post brainier. It would all to easy for us to be tarred with the same brush as other teams so lets keep the singing about Motherwell and football

good point and I'm one of those poeple who doesn't like Neil Lennon and it's nothing to do with his religion, place of birth, teams he's played for or colour of his hair.

I just think he's just an aggressive, ignorant, troglodyte, twat. So can I just chant that?

With all the flak currently flying about the Neil Lennon incident at Tynecastle and threatened subsequent actions we have to be aware of our own actions on the day. Some press are reporting that both Hearts and Celtic face consequences because of the songs they sang on the night. About time too, although the other culprits across Glasgow are conveviently forgotten. It make it very important that we, as a support, do not react in the wrong way at the Final. Let's keep the songs purely football based. If that includes "If you hate Neil Lennon" then we would argue that is because of his actions and comments as a manager and not because of any sectarian anti-Northern Ireland Catholic reason. Celtic fans would think otherwise and no doubt make it a reason to point fingers at our support as they are currently at their paranoid and deflecting worst. We have to be careful on the day so let's keep the moral high ground and don't let the team down.

If Neil Lennon acts like an eejit on the touchline - I will hurl abuse at him.

If Neil Lennon does not act like an eejit on the touchline I will not hurl abuse at him

regardless of his behaviour, if we win I will laugh at him and tell him "to cheer up....it's only a game"

I'm not saying we shouldn't sing "If you hate Neil Lennon", in fact I'll gie it laldy on that one. Just to be aware that the pro-Celtic media will latch onto anything to deflect criticism of him or Celtic supporters and we don't want dragged into the firing line if we can help it.

The last thing I'll be worrying about at the Final is avoiding saying nasty things about that wee turd. The mhedia don't need an excuse to have a go at us as they've proved over and over so I won't be holding back for fear of them writing not nice things about us. They will anyway so might as well give it tight to the yella teethed smelly.

The last thing I'll be worrying about at the Final is avoiding saying nasty things about that wee turd. The mhedia don't need an excuse to have a go at us as they've proved over and over so I won't be holding back for fear of them writing not nice things about us. They will anyway so might as well give it tight to the yella teethed smelly.

Aye! Gawn yersell. And while your at it wave one of those flags you can buy in a shop - a saltire with a Motherwell badge on.

They'll go mental.

No you better not. You'd be classed a bigot. And amongst 35,000 of the greatest supporters in the world, you probably would be!!!!!!!!

Fuck all this singing about Neil Lennon pish.

I'd rather sing the praise of our boys, who deserve it and try get them up for it and let them know we appreciate them getting us back to the Scottish Cup Final after 20 years in exile. Than sing about some wee ned and get the players who love him to fight that bit harder for him. :wallbash:

Aye! Gawn yersell. And while your at it wave one of those flags you can buy in a shop - a saltire with a Motherwell badge on.

They'll go mental.

No you better not. You'd be classed a bigot. And amongst 35,000 of the greatest supporters in the world, you probably would be!!!!!!!!

Am gonnae wave that flag vigorously so I am. :nod:

ok, bit of realism, the chances of us winning this are pretty slim, im not trying to put a downer on it, im as full of hope as everyone.

if we are going to stand a chance they lads need to work on their deffence, and attckin set pieces, as i recon its our best chance of scoring into them.

side question, but does a red card this w/e put you out for the final?

no as one game is an SPL game and the other is and SFL game

so when Brown hacks his way through the last game of the season he'll know that even if he get sent off he'll be able to do it all again in the cup final

no as one game is an SPL game and the other is and SFL game

so when Brown hacks his way through the last game of the season he'll know that even if he get sent off he'll be able to do it all again in the cup final

I think a straight red for violent conduct still carries into the cup final?

Broon fae Celtic thinks hes tough but when it it comes to REAL tough Jennings will teach him a lesson every time. Your last league game in a Motherwell shirt on Sunday Jenno ? hurt Broony the Loony, take him out. ;)

Scott Brown's a pussie when it comes down to the real nitty gritty stuff. Show him a fair, 50/50 challenge and he'll shite out of it nine times out of ten. He always has done and always will do so if Jennings, Lasley or even Forbes who kicked the shit out of Brown at Fir Park in February is up for it then they can put this muppet right in his place.

Sadly though, Celtic have more than enough about them apart from Brown to win this game so the ball is firmly in their court as far as next Saturday's Cup Final goes. It's all about Celtic and what they do on the day. If they are right up for it then they win easily and the likes of Commons will rip us to shreds but if they are not right up for it then all we can do is hope against hope that some miracle may occur and we can take advantage. I woulnd't put 2p on it though...:whistling:

I hope we don't go down the road off the anti-Lennon stuff. Talk about this and others talking about Union Jacks in the Well end etc would be my worst nightmare to be honest. All that happens then is that the press and any nuetral observer lumps us in with the like of Rangers and Hearts and Lennon becomes more of a martyr.

Motherwell are a family club with it's own identity, an identity that should be strong enough to rise abve this pish. One of the great things about 91 was that Hampden was a bigot free zone. That is not going to be possible this time round but lets ensure that it is that way amongst the 16000 Well fans at least.

There might be one, possibly two, Union Jacks in the Motherwell end, and a few isolated groups of about four people might try and sing anti-Lennon stuff that won't stick. That'll be about it.

I cannae believe just how much worrying is going into this game. It's a fucking cup final - enjoy it!

Well that's it, in the grand scheme of things Lennon's a very minor side issue. There's so much to be excited about without giving him any undue attention.

Lap up the fact we're in the final, the build up that'll see us get some positive coverage as we're splashed across the media for a week, that the town and even a bit further beyond will get a lift from us being there through the feelgood factor amongst its Dosserminded citizens - already demonstrated by the bunting and shop displays, the coming together of 'Well fans for events like Tuesday and the stuff a few places have on the night before, the excitement there will be in Motherwell and its surrounds will be next Saturday morning and afternoon.

And that's before we even get to Hampden!!

Thing is tho Jay and Andy will we get as much positive press this week due to all the goings on. This cup final is going to become the Neil Lennon show between now and next Sat with a smattering of Motherwell interest.

ESP if they fail to win the league. The main focus will be on the poor wee soul Lennon having won nothing and all the hardship he has had to endure???? I can see our part being but a bit part in the media circus surrounding that troglodyte. As you say this should be a complete party time for us but we will be under major scrutiny through no fault of our own.

Such a massive occasion and it will be overshadowed by the bile created by the perennial victims.

the problems is the Motherwell will have plenty of Old scum blue fan in it and they do what they normally do ie spend the whole game spouting hatred :dash2:

:doh: How will a handful of Rangers fans, who are most likely along with Motherwell supporting friends, going to have any bearing on the atmosphere at Hampden.