Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

Its been one off our most successful seasons ever FACT .CIS semi final .Scottish Cup final and a top six league place.I dont mind constructive criticism but yours was pish

...and would have been better if we bloody tried to win the cup this season rather than surrender it to this bunch of muppets - FACT

I am not sure why people are complaining about McCalls tactics.

I do not remember any chance Smeltic had, did anyone? The goals were a long shot, a deflected OG and a goal when we gave already!

Motherwell hasnt done much wrong imho. We kept it tight and stop Smeltic playing football. The problem was that the defending was too much and we missed a punch upfront.

I must say that McCall got the tactics spot on for me, but we do not have Ronaldos or Rooneys.

MotM def Hammell and I personally think he suited the position with Jennings in front of the back 4.

Think Humph and psossibly Murphy got caught by the occasion.

Ach, gutted but still proud. As a Motherwell fan I can hold my head up high and look forward with pride.For such a small squad and so limited resources, we've played more games this season than (I'm sure) any other team in Scotland, to fall short just at the end whilst disappointing aint the end just the beginning.

One thinkg got me today - why did Mastorovic not receive a second yellow for a deliberate handball? Callum Murry yer a spineless bawbag.

humph is constantly left with no options, he is expected by most knobs in the stand to kick the ball 20 yards and just burn past anyone, but as usual teams counter this if he tries that.

and jamie murphy is not a left midfielder. he's also a shitebag

humph is constantly left with no options, he is expected by most knobs in the stand to kick the ball 20 yards and just burn past anyone, but as usual teams counter this if he tries that.

Inform me please

Have either of you got any form of constructive breakdown of where it went wrong, or is abusing someone who at least tried to pick out flaws enough?

I could run through five or six mistakes today, as opposed to a blunt fuck off. Even if I disagreed.

We lost the final, people are feeling a bit down, then you come on here and the first thing you see is criticism of McCall, you want constructive breakdown... go and lie in yir pish

I am not sure why people are complaining about McCalls tactics.

I do not remember any chance Smeltic had, did anyone? The goals were a long shot, a deflected OG and a goal when we gave already!

Motherwell hasnt done much wrong imho. We kept it tight and stop Smeltic playing football. The problem was that the defending was too much and we missed a punch upfront.

I must say that McCall got the tactics spot on for me, but we do not have Ronaldos or Rooneys.

MotM def Hammell and I personally think he suited the position with Jennings in front of the back 4.

Think Humph and psossibly Murphy got caught by the occasion.

Pure Shite mate. McCall tried to not loose the game and at no point did he try to win it. We created fuck all with one isolated striker- not for the first time under McCall. The manager had no belief and it rubbed off on the players.

But Humph was far too static today, Standing waiting to receive the ball on the touchline and trying (without much success) to get by Izaguirre. He needs to start doing a bit more running off the ball to get into space and onto through passes.

Its been one off our most successful seasons ever FACT .CIS semi final .Scottish Cup final and a top six league place.I dont mind constructive criticism but yours was pish

Pish, hmmm. Did I ever discuss how successful or otherwise our season was? No, I was talking about the game we lost 3:0 today and questioning selection in case you weren't there. You were probably too busy trying to be a keyboard hard man.

Pish, hmmm. Did I ever discuss how successful or otherwise our season was? No, I was talking about the game we lost 3:0 today and questioning selection in case you weren't there. You were probably too busy trying to be a keyboard hard man.

No i was there and im on a bit of downer, hence my post .Sorry ,just feeling crap right now

walked from queen street to hampden!

sat in wrong seats and got moved,

pishing down of rain we git soaked!

shit result!

but a fantastic day, really enjoyed it and so did my cousin, was the first ever football match hes been to and had him up singing

WELL WELL SUPER WELL!

Shame we couldn't win the cup, been a long season and the guys seem to have ran out of steam, long rest and then bring on next season and all the ups and downs!

p.s stadium display was fantastic, really proud today to be a motherwell fan a part of it all!

Gutted, deflated and drained.

Not totally sure about the tactics but the guys done well to get there so wont harass them too much, always next time eh? Would rather have been there today than watching another two teams fight it out. It was a great day out(games and weather apart) but we are Motherwell not of the bigot brothers.

BE PROUD TO FOLLOW THE WELL!!!

What he says!!

Felt sorry for some of our players today, gave their all but quite a few were off the pace....possibly being rested didnt help and i think a few froze a bit, annoying as Celtic were there for the taking as they are not that good!!

Felt particularly bad for Hammill, he worked his arse off but he is not a Midfielder and never will be and for McCall to stick him in a position he's never played in, in a Final, was in my opinion a Huge error!!

Anyway next year is another year!!

Did not expect to win but extremely proud of the team, management and support today - from the wonderfull claret & amber saltire to the numerous corners at the end as they pressed for at least a token goal.

Lots of "what ifs - Gunning's shot - Majstorovic non-second booking"

At the end of the day our flair players Murphy & Humphrey were either not at their best or more likely Celtic were more "street wise" and blotted them out - every time either got the ball the Celtic midfield were doubling up on them.

This meant that Sutton had no service to speak of - he is a like Pettigrew (althought Willie even in his fifties could still beat him in a foot race) unless he scores he has contributed little to the team.

The passing & performances of Hateley and Jennings although defending very well was at the best mixed or poor.

Craigan was what you expect from Craigan - all heart, some terrific tackles & bad passes, luckly not to be sent off, the usual own goal (How many OG's has he scored ? It must be a Scottish record) - So pleased for him however to have a chance at picking up silverware.

Tidy/pass mark performances from Lasley, Hammell, Randolf and Gunning.

Another massive performance from Hutchison - we must get him tied up to a longer contract than to 2012.

McCall got his tactics spot on and must be credited for his comments after the match - Only the result was wrong but you can't expect to win against an Old Firm 11 (supplemented by 3 from SpecSavers) with so few on top of their game.

After some 54 competitive matches (I think) I look forward to a proper break, good pre-seaon and successful season ahead boosted by a share of today's gate money.

Just sorry John Boyle (£10m shorter in his back pocket) could not go out on a high

Did not expect to win but extremely proud of the team, management and support today - from the wonderfull claret & amber saltire to the numerous corners at the end as they pressed for at least a token goal.

Lots of "what ifs - Gunning's shot - Majstorovic non-second booking"

At the end of the day our flair players Murphy & Humphrey were either not at their best or more likely Celtic were more "street wise" and blotted them out - every time either got the ball the Celtic midfield were doubling up on them.

This meant that Sutton had no service to speak of - he is a like Pettigrew (althought Willie even in his fifties could still beat him in a foot race) unless he scores he has contributed little to the team.

The passing & performances of Hateley and Jennings although defending very well was at the best mixed or poor.

Craigan was what you expect from Craigan - all heart, some terrific tackles & bad passes, luckly not to be sent off, the usual own goal (How many OG's has he scored ? It must be a Scottish record) - So pleased for him however to have a chance at picking up silverware.

Tidy/pass mark performances from Lasley, Hammell, Randolf and Gunning.

Another massive performance from Hutchison - we must get him tied up to a longer contract than to 2012.

McCall got his tactics spot on and must be credited for his comments after the match - Only the result was wrong but you can't expect to win against an Old Firm 11 (supplemented by 3 from SpecSavers) with so few on top of their game.

After some 54 competitive matches (I think) I look forward to a proper break, good pre-seaon and successful season ahead boosted by a share of today's gate money.

Just sorry John Boyle (£10m shorter in his back pocket) could not go out on a high

Great post mate

Back home and fucking gutted. Thought we were containing them reasonably well until the first goal but gave the ball away far too easily today, even from fucking throw ins.

Loads of what ifs, Gunnings shot, Mastorovic hand ball.

Too many important players (particularly Murph and Humph) weren't on their game or were closed down too quickly.

Glad of the occasion but fucking gutted at the result.

Thanks to the guys who posted the display pics !! Had no idea what it looked like from under my big claret card :-)

Onwards and upwards guys. there is always next year :cheers:

Back home and fucking gutted. Thought we were containing them reasonably well until the first goal but gave the ball away far too easily today, even from fucking throw ins.

Loads of what ifs, Gunnings shot, Mastorovic hand ball.

Too many important players (particularly Murph and Humph) weren't on their game or were closed down too quickly.

Glad of the occasion but fucking gutted at the result.

Thanks to the guys who posted the display pics !! Had no idea what it looked like from under my big claret card :-)

Onwards and upwards guys. there is always next year :cheers:

Were we separated at birth? Comments are too alike - even the avitars are similar.

yes, we are all disappointed by the result, dont be to critical of the team and manager, you need luck against teams like celtic, we needed gunnings shot to hit the back of the net to give us a chance, We have had not a bad season. league cup semi, Scottish cup final, finishing in the top 6, not bad from our pride of lanarkshire team. As the song says " I'M MOTHERWELL TIE I DIE. I KNOW I AM I'M SURE I AM MOTHERWELL TILL I DIE. Keep the heads up we will bounce back we always do.

Thought it turned out as the status quo. We put up a decent fight, but in the end, the bigger team won. Display was fantastic. Didnt expect it; but we showed up the gb display pwopa. Gutted, but proud o the team. The were simply too much in our face to let murphy or humph use some space to run at them. Nearly had a heart attack when gunning hit the post man. . . Offt, whit can a say..

Just watched the highlights back. That tackle by Mastorovic was a fucking shocker. On another day (against another team) that could be a straight red.

Fortunate with Craigan's 'wee push' on the ball though.

Gunning's shot was going like fucking thunder. What if................

Craigan with a half hearted foot out for the OG............what if...........

Jenning's turned side on to Mulgrew's free kick.......too late to matter probably.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Don't have enough swear words to describe how gutted :angry:

As a few folk have said, gutted but incredibly proud.

To be honest, in footballing terms the game was pretty

poor. 3-0 totally flattered them, and they created about as little as we did. A bit bemused by McCall's tactics, but could see what he was trying to achieve (ish).

But fuck it. Cracking day, and looking round, I don't think I've ever felt prouder to be a 'Well fan than today. Now isn't the time for negativity or finger pointing.

We've got a whole new season to look forward to. Believe!

• Like 1

So what if we never won, we were always going to be up against it when you consider the smellies resources. 3-0 flattered them slightly, we were very unfortunate but i never got my hopes up for the game, its always the way these things go. We've had a great season, top 6, two semi's and a final. Can't ask for more than that. The semi final and the replay against Dundee United were absolutely wonderful games and i was just proud to see my team in a Scottish Cup final.

Stephen+Craigan+Motherwell+v+St+Johnstone+P3sX_X687hUl.jpg

'Mon the Well!