Motherwell Vs Celtic: Cup Final

dazamfc

I'm sure Mr Lennon will have his hit list for the last game of the season I can see a few meaty tackles going in on the likes of Murphy, Sutton, Lasley, Humph etc

I'm sure Mr Lennon will have his hit list for the last game of the season I can see a few meaty tackles going in on the likes of Murphy, Sutton, Lasley, Humph etc

We'll probably be resting said players on the last day, just like we did at Tynecastle before the semi-final.

Celtic, on the other hand, will probably still be in the title hunt and will field a full-strength team.

Gary Hooper, Emilio Izaguirre and Kris Commons to leave on stretchers please.

if we get in about them like we did at fir park and like inverness did tonight we will win the cup i have no doubts about that as celtic dont like it when you get into them. That big baldy swede is hopeless murphy will roast him at hampden :thumbup:

Been thinking the exact same. We NEED to get in about them, creating early chances. 25 minutes at 0-0 and a few 'well chances is a ll it will take for their fans to usettle, lennon to start volleying touchline debris, Scott Brown to start losing the plot and Mulgrew to realise who he is and where he is.

BUT for that to happen we MUST play 4-4-2, with Murphy, Humphrey, Jeffers AND Sutts all playing, with Jeffers dropping deep to help out as his hold up play and ball retention is different gravy.

Starting to really believe!!

Just now the team I would opt for:

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Hutchinson Hammell

Jennings Hateley Lasley

Humphrey Murphy

Sutton

What about Ross in for Saunders Joe. Think Saunders isn't fit at the moment. But other than that it's the team I would pick aswell.

Our two wide players pinning the full backs in there own halves with Sutton doing the donkey work. Would need one of the midfield three to try and get forward consistently to support tho. A cheater who could play off Sutts, can't see any the three doing that.

Subs: Jeffers, Gunning, Forbes, Jones, Hollis.

Been thinking the exact same. We NEED to get in about them, creating early chances. 25 minutes at 0-0 and a few 'well chances is a ll it will take for their fans to usettle, lennon to start volleying touchline debris, Scott Brown to start losing the plot and Mulgrew to realise who he is and where he is.

BUT for that to happen we MUST play 4-4-2, with Murphy, Humphrey, Jeffers AND Sutts all playing, with Jeffers dropping deep to help out as his hold up play and ball retention is different gravy.

Starting to really believe!!

I believe we'll get slaughtered if we play 4-4-2. We need to play 4-5-1 to give us the extra man in midfield and really not let them settle, also so that our wide men can pin back their full backs without weakening us in the middle of the park. Our win at Fir Park had a great deal to do with Humphrey keeping Izaguire occupied defensively, and he was too scared to venture forward because he couldn't deal with the pace. We wouldn't be able to play like that in a 4-4-2.

Humphrey and Murphy both have the engine to support Sutton's superb hold up play rather than giving him an out-and-out strike partner in a 4-4-2, and both have the legs and the skill to get to the byline to supply him from wide.

Gotta be a 4-5-1 in my opinion, and we'd have the potential to give them a real fright.

4-5-1 for me. With Ledley and Kayal both out, Las, Jenno and Hateley could run that midfield and allow Murphy and Humphrey to push right up (almost a 4-3-3)

Randolph

Ross Hutch Gunning Hammell

Hateley

Lasley Jennings

Humphrey Murphy

Sutton

Subs: Hollis, Craigan, Jeffers, Jones, Forbes

Our win at Fir Park had a great deal to do with Humphrey keeping Izaguire occupied defensively, and he was too scared to venture forward because he couldn't deal with the pace.

I've been saying this for yonks. Even when the Humph is not playing well he keeps the full back pinned back. That's why I always give him the benefit of the doubt, and why people who don't know football were, to my mind, overly critical of him. Mon the Humph!

There, I'm getting all excited again.

Just now the team I would opt for:

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Hutchinson Hammell

Jennings Hateley Lasley

Humphrey Murphy

Sutton

Subs: Jeffers, Gunning, Forbes, Jones, Hollis.

What about

randolph

hateley craigan hutchinson hammell

humphrey lasley jennings murphy

jeffers sutton

that way we have two wingers that are capable of beating full backs and putting decent balls in the box for big john or for franny ? plus if murphy does what he done against st johnstone and cut inside and get a shot away ?

• Like 1

What about

randolph

hateley craigan hutchinson hammell

humphrey lasley jennings murphy

jeffers sutton

that way we have two wingers that are capable of beating full backs and putting decent balls in the box for big john or for franny ? plus if murphy does what he done against st johnstone and cut inside and get a shot away ?

I think we need to learn from Saturday against Rangers that we cannot afford to play 4 forwards against the OF. I'd have your team but with Ross at RB, Hateley in Midfield with Jeffers on the bench and play a 4-5-1 that becomes a 4-3-3. My biggest fear is that we lose an early goal and it turns out like the CIS final against Rangers. I think we need to make sure we are in the game which for me means Hateley, Jenno & Las in the middle of the park. Mon The Well!

• Like 1