Last Game Of The Season At Parkhead

scott_mfc

With us facing Celtic in the cup final six days after the last game of the season, surely it would be sensible for us to take a skelping?

I doubt we will want to risk any first-team players ahead of the big game incase they get injured so surely it will be a weakened team that will take to the field. Also, my understanding is that if Celtic win the league, we will get a euro spot even if we lose in the final.

Curious to see what would happen if Celtic needed to beat us on the last day of the season and it was a 0-0 draw with 89 minutes gone. a wee dodgy own goal perhaps?

With us facing Celtic in the cup final six days after the last game of the season, surely it would be sensible for us to take a skelping?

I doubt we will want to risk any first-team players ahead of the big game incase they get injured so surely it will be a weakened team that will take to the field. Also, my understanding is that if Celtic win the league, we will get a euro spot even if we lose in the final.

Curious to see what would happen if Celtic needed to beat us on the last day of the season and it was a 0-0 draw with 89 minutes gone. a wee dodgy own goal perhaps?

Nah, that would be cheating and we would get fucked HOWEVER nothing wrong with giving a few key members of the squad a rest if they feel a wee 'niggle'. Apart from taking a skelping to get us into Europe we have a cup final and are surely well within our right to rest players - as long as they have a wee 'niggle' - but after nearly 50 games who wouldn't get a club doctor's lone for a 'niggle'... :rolleyes:

Forbes, Page, Casagolda, McHugh etc.. all to start.

The quandary the club and management will face has been covered elsewhere and will no doubt come to a head leading up to the game.

Incompetent SPL for arranging that fixture when we can benefit from a Celtic victory however I have never seen anyone in authority in Football admitting a mistake and doing a u-turn.

If Rangers or another club wish to appeal over anything we have a legitimate claim to rest players for the following week. We can cite what happened on the last game of the season last year when Hibs went to Tannadice, an Arab win would have secured 4th for us and automatic European football, form book said it was a shoe in as Hibs were self destructing and guess what, Dundee Utd field a bunch of kids and lose, we finish 5th and rely on them to beat Ross County a week later.

Did Dundee Utd. get hauled over the coals or called into a standards and ethics committee meeting? I think safe to suggest Thompson would have told them where to go if they were.

If we ever conspire to help either OF team win the league by losing a match then i think i would have serious doubts about keeping a season ticket.The OF get enough help in their dominance of Scottish football without teams giving them a helping hand.

• Like 1

If we ever conspire to help either OF team win the league by losing a match then i think i would have serious doubts about keeping a season ticket.The OF get enough help in their dominance of Scottish football without teams giving them a helping hand.

Who gives a Sh#te who wins the league .......Niether of the old firm give a damn about the rest of us so why would it bother us .....we should do what we need to do on the day to make sure we get into Europe dry.gif

Who gives a Sh#te who wins the league .......Niether of the old firm give a damn about the rest of us so why would it bother us .....we should do what we need to do on the day to make sure we get into Europe dry.gif

Don't remember that attitude on 'Skippy sunday' but each to their own, if a game against an Odense is worth selling out for then so be it.

Don't remember that attitude on 'Skippy sunday' but each to their own, if a game against an Odense is worth selling out for then so be it.

Ahh ! A man with principles :whistling: 'Skippy sunday' never had anything at stake for us and we never had the scottish cup final the next week..........This year we have YA BEAUTY !

Nah, that would be cheating and we would get fucked HOWEVER nothing wrong with giving a few key members of the squad a rest if they feel a wee 'niggle'. Apart from taking a skelping to get us into Europe we have a cup final and are surely well within our right to rest players - as long as they have a wee 'niggle' - but after nearly 50 games who wouldn't get a club doctor's lone for a 'niggle'... :rolleyes:

Forbes, Page, Casagolda, McHugh etc.. all to start.

Best laid plans etc - almost certain Gloria will score a hat trick as his big finale to his time with the club!!

We will do what's right for our club and fuck anyone else. If that means resting important players then that would be our prerogative. Stuart McCall has no-one to answer to on that score bar us and the club. h**s will shout conspiracy if we rest players and lose but who gives a fuck? They should have wrapped it up earlier instead of relying on a last day toss-up

• Like 2

I think McCall will field our best team. We want confidence to be high before the final. Fielding the b team and getting spanked 4 or 5 - 0 will really effect our confidence going into the big game.

Personally I think the league will be wrapped up before then as Rangers are shite and will get found against Dundee Utd and Hearts.

League maybe sewn up by then anyway so it could end up being a non-event of a game.

Rangers are currently 1 point ahead with 32 games played, Celtic 31. If Celtic win their game in hand and win next Sunday, 5 points clear, then we put the boot in at the Ark the week after, Celtic potentially 8 points clear, 9 to play for.

Regardless of who is capable of winning the league when we come to play Celtic, it's common sense to rest a few of our top players to ensure they don't get injured. For all we know the league might be won by then and Celtic could field some reserves and injure some of our boys! We don't have a monopoly on tactics and Celtic will be thinking about the same sceanrio's that we are. Fortunately for us they are still trying to win the league and I hope it goes down to the wire as it wil take more out of them physically.

If they field their best team against us then we should hammer.....cough, fairly of course, Kayal, Broon and Commons. I'm also concerned about McCourt coming on with fresh legs late in the cup final game as he's dangerous.