Last Game Of The Season At Parkhead

scott_mfc

Any possible players that I've missed out?

Trying to get a full line-up (that punters outwith Motherwell would know) for my column in the Record next Saturday.

All suggestions welcome...

Syd

Neil Reid could give us a rendition of 'Mother of Mine' before they go out on the pitch, to get them right fired up likes. :whistling:

• Like 1

There is no way any Motherwell team will lie down at Parkhead on the last day of the season. What is likely to happen, regardless of whether the SPL title is race is alive or not, is that Stuart McCall will rest most if not all of his Cup Final starting XI. For me this is a very sensible option, given that Shellic are our opponents and could do some damage to our big hitters ahead of our biggest game in 20 years.

So, no conspiracy, just sensible housekeeping by Motherwell!

Don't be surprised if the starting line up is similar to the Hearts game 10 days ago, maybe with a little more fringe players dotted here and there.

Obviously things will depend on how the other results go in the lead up. It's safe to say if a win at Parkhead clinches 5th spot over Killie (and the extra £80k that goes with it) the team will be that little bit stronger.

A wee bit unfair on Ross Forbes there Syd as he's the only recognised footballer. The lad has had his moments in the past few years.

Tend to agree with you Johnstone. Think Celtic will win the OF game this weekend then the following Saturday we will beat Rangers at FP.

That should end there SPL hopes and we cannot be accused off lying down to anyone! Final game of the season becomes a non-event, we put the young lads out and tell them to make a good go at it and draw with them.

Following week we fucking ride them in the cup!!!!

Trying to get a full line-up (that punters outwith Motherwell would know) for my column in the Record next Saturday.

Syd

Syd,

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Stewart Henderson; 'Hendy' out of the delgados and their 'Fourth Man', cellist Alan Barr; 'Barzo'. They were some indie-schmindie band from the mid nineties to the mid thousands. They do, however, own their own record label, Chemikal Underground, and they are doing a fine job.

Sadly, most of the other decent local music acts (yourself excluded); Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, etc appear to be Tims. Perhaps get a celebrity band five a side on the morning of the final for the show.....? Cosgrove may have yet to interview them all, though he did do M Jackson in the past.......:cheers:

Greetings from the 'hai.....

Don't think I'll make it back for the Final....

Cheers

SD

Don't be surprised if the starting line up is similar to the Hearts game 10 days ago, maybe with a little more fringe players dotted here and there.

Obviously things will depend on how the other results go in the lead up. It's safe to say if a win at Parkhead clinches 5th spot over Killie (and the extra £80k that goes with it) the team will be that little bit stronger.

A wee bit unfair on Ross Forbes there Syd as he's the only recognised footballer. The lad has had his moments in the past few years.

Aye, ok, it was only a joke!

Syd

Harry Rednapp has expressed concern about a similar situation in England with Man City v Stoke. If Man City qualify for the Champions League in the league Stoke will get the Europa Cup place. A victory against Stoke in the league would help them in their quest possibly at the expense of Tottenham.

Rednapp is asking for the date of the league fixture to be changed to avoid a conflict of interests.

I don't think that'll be a problem, I envisage a Dream Team style finale to the campaign.

The Motherwell first team bus on the way to Celtic Park on the last day of the season will be involved in a fatal car crash which leaves the coach completely gutted by fire, firefighters struggling to tackle the blaze, and the confirmation that there could have been no survivors. Despite this, the SPL will force Motherwell to play the tie due to their strict regulation that all the top six games must kick off at the exact same time, not to mention the hassle it could also cause Sky.

So the 'Well will send an emergency squad of U19s with a few Motherwell fans who happened to be in the vicinity of Fir Park at the time thrown in to make up the numbers, and 'Flow (who will have been at Celtic Park uploading photos of the park and some rolls and sausage onto the club's Facebook since half 6 in the morning) will be placed in charge. Queue a disasterous yet understandable defeat that clinches the title for Celtic and sends Motherwell into Europe.

Then, upon reaching Fir Park in the aftermath of the game, 'Flow and his merry band of players will discover that the first team squad were never on the coach that burst into flames and had, instead, spent the day as hostages of an absolutely mental, angry and AK47-wielding Jim Gannon in the Centenary Suite (with Dougie Arnott tied up behind the bar) - Gannon having been left enraged by Stephen Craigan using his name on Soccer AM's Crossbar Challenge a few weeks previous.

As 'Flow (hiding round behind the bar) Tweets ongoing updates of the hostage crisis and just as Gannon looks like he's about to wipe out the entire squad, Esteban Casagolda will pounce from no-where, wrestling the psychotic former manager to the ground, and manage to prize his loaded weapons away from him. The rest of the squad will then rush in, beating Gannon to death under a volley of fists, boots and empty pint glasses, while 'Flow sends picture messages of the bloody events to delighted ex-players such as Jim O'Brien and Marc Fitzpatrick.

And so, with a fired up first team squad saved by the actions of Esteban Casagolda, and an increased feeling of team spirit after the ordeal, the mighty 'Well will take to the field at Hampden and take Celtic to pieces in the Scottish Cup final, running out comfortable 3-1 winners, with Stephen Craigan hoisting the cup aloft in slow motion as the credits start rolling.

I'm supposed to be finishing writing an essay and it seems pretty obvious I'll do anything to avoid it.

Absolute classic xD

The dream solution for Motherwell would be to win both games against Celtic, hopefully the league game to deny them the title as a bonus, but in the real world we all know that wont happen. If all Well fans are being honest i think that they hope that Celtic do win the title, before we play them, that means Europe for us again. We can then turn up at Parkhead with no pressure pump them and spoil the party, and do the same in the Final.

The Europa place for the cup winners / runners up is straight in to 3rd qualifying, and given our recent record we might even be seeded. So being honest and i never thought i would utter these words i hope Celtic win the league, as the longer term benefits to motherwell are greater.

The dream solution for Motherwell would be to win both games against Celtic, hopefully the league game to deny them the title as a bonus, but in the real world we all know that wont happen. If all Well fans are being honest i think that they hope that Celtic do win the title, before we play them, that means Europe for us again. We can then turn up at Parkhead with no pressure pump them and spoil the party, and do the same in the Final.

The Europa place for the cup winners / runners up is straight in to 3rd qualifying, and given our recent record we might even be seeded. So being honest and i never thought i would utter these words i hope Celtic win the league, as the longer term benefits to motherwell are greater.

Straight into the third round if we win the cup but second round if we enter as runner up...

It's a shame Scotland doesn't operate a similar system to Spain - where it is legal and acceptable for one club to pay another clubs players a "bonus" for an "improved performance". i.e. it is acceptable for say Real Madrid to offer a bonus to the players of Osasuna/Mallorca etc in return for taking points off Barcelona. Not overly used, but has been in the past - of which it is quite public information - no discreetness in what is underhand tactics.

Shame the rule doesn't exist in Scotland, added to the fact Rangers couldn't afford to offer bonuses to themselves, let alone anyone else.

They are simply not allowed to pay someone to lose, but can pay someone to win - very strange system in la Liga.

As we could have been going into the last day - where a win/draw against Celtic would net a winfall from Rangers - and a defeat would net a mini-winfall from guaranteeing European football for the following season. Win/Win!

Syd

I'd like to see Tommy Sheridan at centre half, organizing his own defence.