Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STV seemed positive he's gone. For a fee "just under £400,000"

Good luck to him and I'm interested to see who McGhee has lined up to temporarily replace him.

From the Scotsman:

We've got contingency plans," McGhee said.

"I can pick up the phone at any time and say to someone, 'Right, Chris Porter has gone, can we have your player on loan?'

"We have two or three like that who we have spoken to already, who have said that, if Chris goes, then phone us."

i'd like to know who aswell, but we wont know. if it became public knowledge, we could lose him to someone else.

Although I think maybe Killen?? Thoughts on that one?

Yantorno? Accies seem interested in him, think i heard Billy Reid on the radio earlier state that. Is he what we're looking for though?

i'd like to know who aswell, but we wont know. if it became public knowledge, we could lose him to someone else.

Although I think maybe Killen?? Thoughts on that one?

Yantorno? Accies seem interested in him, think i heard Billy Reid on the radio earlier state that. Is he what we're looking for though?

I heard on the radio not long ago that Killen will be offered to Hibs as part of a bid for Fletcher. £2million + Killen apparently.

Really sad about losing Ports, but realistic enough to know that he was destined to move on.

The shout about Killen could be a good one, or maybe even Gow. Either would be okay by me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7860798.stm

There's McGhee earlier today talking about the derby bid, saying they will need to up it significant ly for them to accept. They obviously have done so, I wonder how much more (if any) they bid than Cardiff. If it's a bit more, will we see any of the extra to invest in a player or will it still all go to other clubby shenanigans?

I obviously can't say anything other than the deal isn't 100% complete. If it was, you'd be reading about it on the official site and, no doubt, the official site of the team who he had gone too...

Latest news on Derby County website -

Nigel Clough revealed that the club has made a bid to sign a new striker on a permanent deal, but didn't want to name the player until the signing is concluded one way or another.

"We are looking to add to the squad at the moment and we are hoping to get a striker in. The chairman is dealing with it but we hope it will be a very good piece of business if we can get it concluded."

Porter anyone?

Aye, but every time 'Flow comes on here and says a deal is "not 100% complete" it means it will be soon :P

Perhaps, but I was just pointing out that STV and Real Radio (etc) are wrong to report that any deal is signed, sealed and delivered... :lol:

It is not!