Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the transfer goes ahead in time ;) (more wishful thinking than any rumour)

Chris deserves best wishes for the future.

He's been a model professional from a fans perspective, always put in the effort, never complained when it wasn't going his way but just knuckled down and got back on track.

His goals were very valuable and enjoyable, but it was also a pleasure to see his contribution to the team, he might not have got MOTM every week but he would be well up for MVP in my eyes.

I still think its not that fair valuation (please let there be a sell on clause!) and I still think the club has lost its way when it comes to maximising the asset return. But it was clear when he signed that our club was a stepping stone I just wish we had a business team that could negotiate longer term deals with clauses allowing players to move on earlier in the deal when a slighltly more substantial fee is offered (more wishful thinking ;) )

But Thanks for the memories Chrissy Porter and all the best for the future, perhaps one day you'll want to come back and play alongside Faddy as mentioned somewhere above (dreaming now :lol: )

Great deal for all concerned. Well done McGhee for spotting him in the first place, he knows his strikers.

Not a bad choice for Porter, I'm not convinced Cardiff will make the Prem and he's been away from home the best part of 2 years now, at Derby he can go home and settle down. Not to be too cruel either, Championship is Porter's level, not quite quick enough for the Prem.

I would be interested in Teale, I saw him play for Derby a couple of months ago and he was excellent.

Is this 'fishal yet?

Anyway - looks 99% certain so all the best big Chris. Will (I'm sure we all will) be looking out for your career, perhaps even on MOTD in a couple of seasons :P

To echo what has been said. A great Number 9, model pro, and a gent to boot - will always remember that, I spose as he was English he was the 'spokesman' to the wider media , Sky Sports, Talksport etc.. during the Phil tragedy, like the day of it - and he handled it very well and spoke well of Phil and our club. Was brilliant from the big man.

You know, after the past year-and-a-half we had from Porter, you can imagine how pissed off Levein is that he didn't sign him now. Fair to say Ports goals were the difference between us and them finishing third?

Then return a year later, just to show we're not bitter

Have our friends from Oldham returned since they said they would once he left us to tell us they told us so :blink:

Also, on the stadium comment, it was meant as the club HE played for. When you compared it to Bury, Oldham and Fir Park, Pride Park is 5 star tbh.

It's been and gone mate.. Plus there was a piece in this mornings newletter.

Edit - Clicky

I seee. I had been looking for it in the 'in the dugout' section. Didny even notice the transfer news bit.

I signed up for the newsletter weeks ago but haven't recieved a thing. Weerd.

Nice words from Ports....

Meanwhile, Porter has thanked McGhee and everyone else at Fir Park for making his 18-month stay a memorable experience.

The 25-year-old scored 27 goals for the Steelmen after moving from Oldham.

"I really enjoyed my time in Scotland and it was a difficult decision to leave the club," Porter told Motherwell News.

"I want to put on record my thanks to everyone at the club and in particular the supporters, who I enjoyed a good rapport with.

"I would also like to thank Mark McGhee, Scott Leitch and all the lads in the changing room.

"I've made some great friends at Motherwell and I'll definitely keep in touch with them.

"I remember reading about the club before I signed, there was a quote from Terry Butcher saying it gets under your skin - and that is very much the case.

"It's been an eventful 18 months with some unbelievable highs and some devastating lows.

"I will be looking out for Motherwell's result every single week and I would like to wish everyone well for the rest of the season."