Card Suppliers

Dee

Alright folks,

I'm going to be looking at all possible suppliers to help with the display for the Cup Final. Obviously we won't know exactly how many pieces of card we will need till we see the seating and allocation plans from the SFA however I thought I would open this up to fellow 'Well fans who may know someone who works for a printing or stationary company?

Obviously it would be great to get a fan who could do this for trade price or mates rates, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

• Like 3

Probably looking at A3 size, no personal preference to gloss or matt. Would probably just be double sided colour with a small message on it saying something along the lines of "hold up when the teams are coming on to the pitch", do you have a supplier in mind?

Thomson Litho it was

Unfortunately they're not owned by the Thomson family any more. Now owned by a Czech company and not doing great, a lot of redundancies lately, so not likely do be doing anybody any favours.

Dinna ken how useful they'd be for this, but they'd probably be able to point you in the right direction:

Barr Printers: 01592 776 870

Tayprint: 01382 623 111

Used them both, both right good.

Got a few specific ideas in mind, will keep everyone informed of what we decide as the best option. We would obviously love to involve all 'well fans in the display but that will depend in the cost of everything and the level of finance raised. Help would be greatly appreciated if this comes out with the setting out etc of the display so volunteers are welcome.

Bear in mind we are talking about thousands of sheets.

The guys are in contact with other groups as they have been for years it's been a struggle for fans of every team to get this kind of thing in the popular mindset its looking good that there is alot of folk actively interested on here.

As dee said a3 is about the best aslong as it's sturdy enough I doubt the finish on them matters whatever is the cheapest?

Apologies if I'm getting this wrong, but from what I can ascertain Dee is currently looking for either (in order of what I imagine would result in the greatest cost saving):

1./ An owner of a printing or stationary company who is a Motherwell fan/some connection to the club.

2./ A Well fan who puts a huge amount of business via their day job with a printer and can act as initial intermediary and help Dee's group with the introduction.

3./ An employee of a printing or stationary company as above. Ideally a member of the sales team who can put through something at cost.

4./ Another alternative I've not covered.

Need 2 know guys :nod:

A3 card ideally Kylie!

I spoke to Ink Spot earlier just to get a rough idea of what the high street value of this kind of stuff is and they are selling 30 sheets for around £3. Now I could be wrong but if this is going for 10p a sheet in a shop I would like to think we could get it a great deal cheaper, especially in the quantities we will be buying.

Apologies if I'm getting this wrong, but from what I can ascertain Dee is currently looking for either (in order of what I imagine would result in the greatest cost saving):

1./ An owner of a printing or stationary company who is a Motherwell fan/some connection to the club.

2./ A Well fan who puts a huge amount of business via their day job with a printer and can act as initial intermediary and help Dee's group with the introduction.

3./ An employee of a printing or stationary company as above. Ideally a member of the sales team who can put through something at cost.

4./ Another alternative I've not covered.

Tick's all the boxes :whistling:

A3 card ideally Kylie!

I spoke to Ink Spot earlier just to get a rough idea of what the high street value of this kind of stuff is and they are selling 30 sheets for around £3. Now I could be wrong but if this is going for 10p a sheet in a shop I would like to think we could get it a great deal cheaper, especially in the quantities we will be buying.

Claret one side, Amber other. A3 card. Roughly how many? You want letters on both sides?

Give me an hour or so.