Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Hopefully hear something on tuesday. Loads of the malloys supporters I have spoken to seem to be certain we are getting a 50/50 spilt, wonder where they get there updates as we havent heard as much as a mouse fart on the issue. I'm positive it will be 15,000 with an additional 2 or 3 thousand which should be more than ample, altought I don't see why they should be getting more.

Woo hoo I have my own supporters :yahoo:

Edit to add my surname is Malloy

Edited by East_Stand_Al

I don't give a fuck if they come to every game or just the big ones.

As long as they are supporting the well they are welcome in my eyes.

All for one and one for all please folks and none of this looking down on people because they aren't regulars at fir park.

If you go to one game a season or every game it doesn't matter.

We need every one of us in full voice willing the lads on to one of the greatest days in the clubs history.

A few thousand of us can make one hell of a racket so 15.000 to 20,000 will blow the fucking roof off. :thumbup: NOT LONG NOW.

• Like 2

I don't give a fuck if they come to every game or just the big ones.

As long as they are supporting the well they are welcome in my eyes.

All for one and one for all please folks and none of this looking down on people because they aren't regulars at fir park.

If you go to one game a season or every game it doesn't matter.

We need every one of us in full voice willing the lads on to one of the greatest days in the clubs history.

A few thousand of us can make one hell of a racket so 15.000 to 20,000 will blow the fucking roof off. :thumbup: NOT LONG NOW.

Spot oncheers.gif

http://www.urbandict...=Glory%20Hunter

Any of these will do.

Urban dictionary ... such a widely recognised source in the use of the english language ;-)

so by that I am a glory hunter as I have only been to 2 games this year ... the 2-0 win v celtic and the semi final

cheers!!!

I really should try harder to become a real fan!!!! like you eh ;-)

dash2.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif

i think it will actually work against us.

the people that make noise and are vocal will be spread thinner round our section and the atmosphere will suffer for it. i don't think many people who weren't at the semi will be up leading the singing.

Urban dictionary ... such a widely recognised source in the use of the english language ;-)

so by that I am a glory hunter as I have only been to 2 games this year ... the 2-0 win v celtic and the semi final

cheers!!!

I really should try harder to become a real fan!!!! like you eh ;-)

dash2.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif

Was thinking more like the people that turn up for one game every ten or twenty years.

No need to throw yer toys out the pram!!

I dont get to many games these days, but i'm no different from the S.T. fan or the weekly PATG fan, I still have the memories of the Dear Claret and Amber place when we played Shrewsbury in a pre season friday night 1983.....snowball fights in the East between the skins and the rude boys during a midweek cup tie against Queens Park...Singing my heart out for the well in the East enclosure enclave when the Old Scum came to town...My Dad nearly taking a heart attack when we were 3-1 up against the scum fom Bigotsgate came with the one callled Souness at the helm... waking up the day after Aberdeen ran the East with my Bro standing behind my mother with a photo of me on the pitch blacked out face and in an awkward pose looking around Hampden in 1991 and with tears in My Eyes!!!! We are one when we support ''The Mighty Well'' I've paid my dues abd will continue to in any way I can.....Let Phil and Jamie be our guardian angels on the 21st May Our Day...Our Time...Our Club...

• Like 1

You can't win.

We take 4,000 regulars and we get called a wee diddy club.

We take 20,000 and our support is 'glory hunters'.

Personally I want as big a Motherwell support as we can possibly muster. I'm sure it must be a big boast to the players to look to our half of the stadium and see it filled with flags, scarfs, colours and singing.

And although I go to virtually every home match, there are plenty people who just can't make it with any regularity. People who can't afford the prices of modern day football, people who work weekends, people who work shifts or only get to see their loved ones at weekends, people who live in other areas of Scotland, or England or abroad. Then there are people who maybe aren't so interested in football but want to support the town in a high profile match.

There are lots of reasons why people will go to this game but not turn up normally.

And one other thing. Are they really glory hunters? If you are really hunting glory doing so by supporting Motherwell in a Final against Celtic probably isn't the ideal way to do that. If you hunt glory you don't support Motherwell, you support one of the other two, one of which we are playing in the final.

The only glory hunters at this match will be in the other end.

• Like 1

..............snowball fights in the East between the skins and the rude boys during a midweek cup tie against Queens Park......

Lucky I had my Crombie coat on that night :ph34r: ears were freezin thou. RUDE BOYS, RUDE BOYS !

Great post mate, but yet again I cannot believe the internal arguing over ticket rites.

I was in the Black Isle last year, the week before going to just my 4th game of the season (Odense away). A man held a door open for me in a pub in Rosemarkie, and under his jacket I recognised a claret collar on an amber shirt. "Is that a Motherwell top?" I said. "Yes" was his reply, and that was the signal for a good old blether about Motherwell. We were instant associates, much to the humour of the locals.

What did it matter who goes how often to see the 'Well ? Motherwell was/is our team, we have a common goal and that creates an instant bond in my book.

• Like 1

Lucky I had my Crombie coat on that night :ph34r: ears were freezin thou. RUDE BOYS, RUDE BOYS !

Great post mate, but yet again I cannot believe the internal arguing over ticket rites.

I was in the Black Isle last year, the week before going to just my 4th game of the season (Odense away). A man held a door open for me in a pub in Rosemarkie, and under his jacket I recognised a claret collar on an amber shirt. "Is that a Motherwell top?" I said. "Yes" was his reply, and that was the signal for a good old blether about Motherwell. We were instant associates, much to the humour of the locals.

What did it matter who goes how often to see the 'Well ? Motherwell was/is our team, we have a common goal and that creates an instant bond in my book.

I think the argument is understandable just fellow Well Fans jockeying for their tickets....hopefully all True Well fans get tickets...Cheers mate..

Excactly. I cannot afford to go and see Motherwell week in, week out. I do however try to go to as many matches as i can, but it is mainly pick and choose. That does not make an les of a 'Well fan that does. The fact is i support Motherwell and that is all that matters.

I think the argument is understandable just fellow Well Fans jockeying for their tickets....hopefully all True Well fans get tickets...Cheers mate..

I'd be absolutely amazed if any Fir Park regulars don't get tickets. I reckon it'll take at least a week to shift our allocation which, unless yer out the country and don't know anyone in Lanarkshire, gives folk plenty of time to get them.

I fear it may be too late, but lets not turn this thread into the "real" fan or "who is most deserving of a ticket" debate.

£35 is what I would expect to pay for a national cup final to be honest. It's supposed to be our showpiece event after all. Feck if we win it will be the best 35 quid you've ever spent, and you'll probably spend 3 times that in the pub after it!

15000 to 18000 would be more than enough IMO.

Any more than that and our end will be full of Celtic fans.

Think the high prices will maybe put a lot of the glory hunters off anyway

Didnt realise a tounge in cheek comment would provoke such mock outrage! Some people on here need to lighten up a bit.

Sorry for not interpreting your initial post as 'tongue in cheek'

your not the only one who has mentioned glory hunters etc and i'm sure you wont be the last but i just cant abide people who think there are real fans ie them and then the others

in my book anyone that forks out the cash to get in the motherwell end in claret and amber and singing their hearts out are all REAL FANS and I couldnt label any single one of them a glory hunter as i have no knowledge or interest in how many games the've been to how many strips they have or how many posts they have made on a supporters forum!!

Mon the well

• Like 1

in my book anyone that forks out the cash to get in the motherwell end in claret and amber and singing their hearts out are all REAL FANS and I couldnt label any single one of them a glory hunter as i have no knowledge or interest in how many games the've been to how many strips they have or how many posts they have made on a supporters forum!!

Seeing as you've made just 163 posts in over two years on this forum I'd say that you should be right at the back of the line for a cup final ticket ;)