Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Sorry for not interpreting your initial post as 'tongue in cheek'

your not the only one who has mentioned glory hunters etc and i'm sure you wont be the last but i just cant abide people who think there are real fans ie them and then the others

in my book anyone that forks out the cash to get in the motherwell end in claret and amber and singing their hearts out are all REAL FANS and I couldnt label any single one of them a glory hunter as i have no knowledge or interest in how many games the've been to how many strips they have or how many posts they have made on a supporters forum!!

Mon the well

Apology accepted, no need for the smileys!

Don't think I'm a better fan than anyone else, just fortunate that I'm able to go to most games. We had 6 on our bus to Tyncastle at the weekend which was slightly disappointing after taking 40+ full buses to Hampden the previous week.

Quite often the fans who only turn up for the big games are the first ones to start giving the team verbals when it all goes tits up. Have witnessed this on too many occasions over the years to list here.

Anyway, MON THE WELL!!!!!

:cheers:

Evening everyone, sorry for the lateness of my post. I was intending to post on Friday to give you all an update in terms of status on ticket sales. Basically we still have to work through final numbers with the SFA. It will be Wednesday before this is agreed at the earliest.

There will be four ways you can purchase a ticket:

• as a season ticket holder (preference sale)
  • if you become a new season ticket holder (preference sale)
  • by ballot online
  • general sale post ST and ballot if any tickets remain

The plan at the moment, and I STRESS at the moment, is to do a pre-sale to season ticket holders from the 2nd May, probably for 5 days. Because the demand for the remaining tickets is likely to be very high, we have created a micro site which will be available this week for non-season ticket holders to register - essentially this will be done as a ballot. Please just refer to the website as all info will be posted on there as soon as complete.

We will be selling from the stadium and this will be done from a few points with the ticket office and other areas opening for late nights and available for telephone sales. We are planning to manage this in such a fashion that we minimise the waiting time as much as possible.

On a separate note, I am meeting with the powers that be in the local authority this week to work together to see what can be done to capitalise on the feel good factor locally. I am told that in 91 you guys turned the town (and other areas) claret and amber. We'd like to get the momentum moving on this again as a great time to reinvigorate supporters and get youngsters interested. Competitions for the best dressed shop, house, pub....maybe someone could start a thread with ideas that we could try to pull together. We simply can't miss this great opportunity to motivate and importantly have some fun....a memories photo wall, we could pin photos to the web and there are loads of other fun things we can all do.

Finally, we have are in the process of booking buses to leave from the stadium. 23 left for the semi final, just over 1200 people; let’s see if we can improve on this for the final.

Evening everyone, sorry for the lateness of my post. I was intending to post on Friday to give you all an update in terms of status on ticket sales. Basically we still have to work through final numbers with the SFA. It will be Wednesday before this is agreed at the earliest.

There will be four ways you can purchase a ticket:

• as a season ticket holder (preference sale)
  • if you become a new season ticket holder (preference sale)
  • by ballot online
  • general sale post ST and ballot if any tickets remain

The plan at the moment, and I STRESS at the moment, is to do a pre-sale to season ticket holders from the 2nd May, probably for 5 days. Because the demand for the remaining tickets is likely to be very high, we have created a micro site which will be available this week for non-season ticket holders to register - essentially this will be done as a ballot. Please just refer to the website as all info will be posted on there as soon as complete.

We will be selling from the stadium and this will be done from a few points with the ticket office and other areas opening for late nights and available for telephone sales. We are planning to manage this in such a fashion that we minimise the waiting time as much as possible.

On a separate note, I am meeting with the powers that be in the local authority this week to work together to see what can be done to capitalise on the feel good factor locally. I am told that in 91 you guys turned the town (and other areas) claret and amber. We'd like to get the momentum moving on this again as a great time to reinvigorate supporters and get youngsters interested. Competitions for the best dressed shop, house, pub....maybe someone could start a thread with ideas that we could try to pull together. We simply can't miss this great opportunity to motivate and importantly have some fun....a memories photo wall, we could pin photos to the web and there are loads of other fun things we can all do.

Finally, we have are in the process of booking buses to leave from the stadium. 23 left for the semi final, just over 1200 people; let’s see if we can improve on this for the final.

What are the details of the online ballot,how many tickets each?,Obviously i want to sit with family and how many tickets can a ST holder get ?

i'm sure there will be people wanting to go who haven't bought any tickets, especially since they generally only take the name of the buyer for multiple sales.

i personally have a season ticket and sit with my brother who also has one and our mate who doesn't have one this season. how do we go about getting 3 tickets together?

and the club have let us down badly in terms of segregation twice in recent years. firstly on skippy sunday where our goals probably prevented a minor riot in the east and on the final day of last season when our end was full of rangers fans (including some relatives of club employees). surely it will be very easy for celtic fans to register on this site?

i'm sure there will be people wanting to go who haven't bought any tickets, especially since they generally only take the name of the buyer for multiple sales.

i personally have a season ticket and sit with my brother who also has one and our mate who doesn't have one this season. how do we go about getting 3 tickets together?

and the club have let us down badly in terms of segregation twice in recent years. firstly on skippy sunday where our goals probably prevented a minor riot in the east and on the final day of last season when our end was full of rangers fans (including some relatives of club employees). surely it will be very easy for celtic fans to register on this site?

Agree,how do they know smelly fans wont enter the online ballot ?

what procedures are in place to stop celtic fans registering in our ballot?

I hope this ballot malarky works, isn't so open to abuse that carnage will ensue

might have to shatter my nephews hopes of attending the final as he's only been to around 15 games this season, but as none of us are season ticket holders we will have to go into a luck of the draw ballot in a system that will have to be hell of a sophisticated to not be abused by our own and more so the mhankies

thanks for posting Leeann :nod: even tho' its just complicated things in my head :(

reading it , it does read as a low allocation , but it also reads as:

you want to be sure of a ticket for a final then you really have to buy a season ticket, and I know our beloved club would never get to that sort of low,

so maybe we shouldn't be 'reading' it

I hope this ballot malarky works, isn't so open to abuse that carnage will ensue

if it is an open website then any it's a certainty that you will see threads appear about it on tim websites and that a lot of them will sign up for it, especially since they look like winning their first league title in 3 years.

we need more details.

most certainly steelboy, the devil is in the detail!

as I implied its gonna have to be a super sophisticated process not to be open to the abuse you imply, and abuse by our very own :ph34r: , I might have to secure contact details of hundreds of friends and family to get enough entries for the three tickets I need :whistling:

reading it , it does read as a low allocation , but it also reads as:

you want to be sure of a ticket for a final then you really have to buy a season ticket, and I know our beloved club would never get to that sort of low,

so maybe we shouldn't be 'reading' it

whats wrong with people who make a big financial commitment to the club, ie season ticket holders getting first the first chance to buy tickets, not just for the final but for any game ?

whats wrong with people who make a big financial commitment to the club, ie season ticket holders getting first the first chance to buy tickets, not just for the final but for any game ?

that's not the issue it's not doing anything to ensure that the fans who don't have season tickets but attend regularly get them ahead of casual fans, neutrals and tims.

if it is an open website then any it's a certainty that you will see threads appear about it on tim websites and that a lot of them will sign up for it, especially since they look like winning their first league title in 3 years.

we need more details.

I really hope it's not as simple as just signing up for a ballot, although I fear it is. That could be an absolute disaster.

I don't think that's what he means.

I think he's talking about the pre-sale for people who buy a season ticket for next season. i.e Trying to give those who don't have 1 this season a wee nudge towards pre-ordering next season's season ticket just to unsure they get a cup final ticket

nothing wrong with them getting a chance to buy a ticket

whats wrong with people that have made similar financial commitments to the club than the bog standard season ticket holders, not getting a real chance to simply buy a ticket?

season tickets do not make better fans or even more suitable fans, but I'd hope the club already know this

I really hope it's not as simple as just signing up for a ballot, although I fear it is. That could be an absolute disaster.

agreed.

i've got a season ticket so i'm guaranteed a ticket but i won't be happy at all if loyal fans lose out here.

if this system is a shambles it must be made clear it is unaccpetable and rectified.