Cup Final Tickets

Taff

nothing wrong with them getting a chance to buy a ticket

whats wrong with people that have made similar financial commitments to the club than the bog standard season ticket holders, not getting a real chance to simply buy a ticket?

season tickets do not make better fans or even more suitable fans, but I'd hope the club already know this

Thats what fans who buy season tickets expect a cheaper deal than paying at the gate for individual games, and first pick for any tickets not because they think they are better than anybody else. The corporate sponsors would also expect the same. There needs to be some incentive for buying the season book or sponsoring the team, if not why would people bother putting the money up front.

It maybe safe to suggest that those registering for the ballot will be cross-referenced against the ticketing database?

What is safe to say there will be a few Motherwell fans for whatever reason will have issues over tickets just because of the numbers involved. Hopefully this will be a minimal amount and it the issues are resolved in plenty of time.

There is certainly a need to reward and give priority to those who commit a lot of money at the start of the season. As Steelboy says, out of the tickets remaining from the season ticket pre-sale there is a need to ensure they go to the right people.

It's worth remembering if you can make it to 75% of home games a season, you break even buying a season ticket. Maybe worth considering for those keen to secure their ticket.

It maybe safe to suggest that those registering for the ballot will be cross-referenced against the ticketing database?

What is safe to say there will be a few Motherwell fans for whatever reason will have issues over tickets just because of the numbers involved. Hopefully this will be a minimal amount and it the issues are resolved in plenty of time.

There is certainly a need to reward and give priority to those who commit a lot of money at the start of the season. As Steelboy says, out of the tickets remaining from the season ticket pre-sale there is a need to ensure they go to the right people.

It's worth remembering if you can make it to 75% of home games a season, you break even buying a season ticket. Maybe worth considering for those keen to secure their ticket.

The thing is,less and less people have the money to outlay in one go but get paid regulary enough to pay game by game.Personally i pay in till december then get a half season for the remainder so can i demand 50% priority treatment?

LD's statement was vague as they are still trying to work out the final details

I'm away on holiday when the per sale is on and don't think my other half will be to happy when I spend 1/2 a day trying to get through to the ticket office

I think its only fair that ST holders get first option, although there will be many PATG fans who have made the same financial outlay the difference is that we do so before the season starts and that money is spent irrespective of how the team performs throughout the campaign.

E.G. A person chooses not to buy a ST and we have a mare of a season, that person may decide they have had enough and go to fewer games that season therefore not making the same commitment.

ST holders miss out on occasions where gate prices are reduced or there are special offers to bring in punters, so on occasions like this we are rewarded for our loyalty.

Everyone who wants a ticket will most probably get one. knickers.bmp

LD's statement was vague as they are still trying to work out the final details

Exactly. Lets just wait and see shall we until details are released. Too early to start putting the boot into the club. I'm sure Leeann and her colleagues are well aware of the issues.

I am listening to your comments but the fact is we need to have some structure to the sale.

We either try to do it in as 'fair' a way as possible, and i am open to other ideas, or we do an open sale to all. What would our season ticket holders say to that? I suggest we'd be slated for not allowing a pre-sale. Also, by offering an option to purchase as a season ticket holder if you buy a ticket for next year then that can only, in the long term, be a good thing. If it means we get another 100 or 200 ST for next year then that has to be positive. I don't suspect that this will take a significant amount of tickets out of circulation but it WILL encourage supporters who are perhaps thinking about a ticket to consider this option more seriously.

The ballot, question here is what stops opposing supporters buying from the ticket office direct? It is as difficult to manage that as it is if someone came in to the office in person. The nature of this type of game means this will inevitably happen and we just need to be able to deal with it on the day. As far as the club 'letting you down' in segregation, the further cannot be from the truth but we also can't legislate for opposing fans buying and that is a fact.

As for the shambles chat, we have all put a lot of time and thought into how we do this sale as fairly and sensibly as possible. We could have taken an easy route and got ticketmaster or ticketsoup to sell, all online but I took the decision to sell to OUR supporters, to the people we see day in, day out. Will you be disappointed, I hope not, will we get all the tickets we want? Possibly not but we are certainly trying to get the allocation we want.

Number of tickets for each season ticket holder to buy? We are considering 4, depending on the final allocation and that will be confirmed very soon.

Happy to answer any other questions.

I am listening to your comments but the fact is we need to have some structure to the sale.

We either try to do it in as 'fair' a way as possible, and i am open to other ideas, or we do an open sale to all. What would our season ticket holders say to that? I suggest we'd be slated for not allowing a pre-sale. Also, by offering an option to purchase as a season ticket holder if you buy a ticket for next year then that can only, in the long term, be a good thing. If it means we get another 100 or 200 ST for next year then that has to be positive. I don't suspect that this will take a significant amount of tickets out of circulation but it WILL encourage supporters who are perhaps thinking about a ticket to consider this option more seriously.

The ballot, question here is what stops opposing supporters buying from the ticket office direct? It is as difficult to manage that as it is if someone came in to the office in person. The nature of this type of game means this will inevitably happen and we just need to be able to deal with it on the day. As far as the club 'letting you down' in segregation, the further cannot be from the truth but we also can't legislate for opposing fans buying and that is a fact.

As for the shambles chat, we have all put a lot of time and thought into how we do this sale as fairly and sensibly as possible. We could have taken an easy route and got ticketmaster or ticketsoup to sell, all online but I took the decision to sell to OUR supporters, to the people we see day in, day out. Will you be disappointed, I hope not, will we get all the tickets we want? Possibly not but we are certainly trying to get the allocation we want.

Number of tickets for each season ticket holder to buy? We are considering 4, depending on the final allocation and that will be confirmed very soon.

Thanks Leeann, as I'm sure you've noticed sometimes on here in the immortal words of Bartholemew J Simpson your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Personally I'm delighted at the opportunity of a pre sale and you're right I would've been really pissed off had that not been the case.

As regards segregation issues I would have thought that opposition fans who are in amongst our fans at hampden would have to be removed by the stewards/police at the ground as that would be a potential security issue for which they woud need to be responsible.

fair enough you weren't here back in 2005 but you must have seen the pictures where there are more celtic fans than motherwell fans in the cooper. there were also a few fights in the east and i'm sure there would have been more if we hadn't scored. that the club let us down that day is undeniable and there were a good number of rangers fans in our end at ibrox last may as i am sure you are aware as you were sitting in our section.

surely the way to do it is season ticket holders then from the ground to people on the database. you know who was at the semis and the euro matches this season, it shouldn't be too difficult. if you put the tickets in the hands of known motherwell fans they will end up with the correct people.

an online ballot will encourage celtic fans from all over scotland and beyond to enter. it will also encourage people to enter friends, family, colleagues and neighbours to increase their chances of getting a ticket.

• Like 3

As regards segregation issues I would have thought that opposition fans who are in amongst our fans at hampden would have to be removed by the stewards/police at the ground as that would be a potential security issue for which they woud need to be responsible.

That's the main issue for me. Most of the Celtic fans in the Motherwell end on Skippy Sunday got a doing from 'Well fans (I think my favourite was the Celtic fan who celebrated Chris Sutton's goal up the back of the East Stand, only to vanish underneath 'Well fan after 'Well fan), and the stewards were quick to eject them. However, problems could be caused if the police or stewards wade in heavy handed after a few Celtic fans get lamped.

I'm not advocating violence at a football match, but everyone will be up for this, booze will have been consumed, and if any 'Well fans are near a Celtic fan who celebrates a goal or whatever, it's pretty safe to say said Celtic fan will get an absolute pasting. Riots could then ensue depending on how the police/stewards react.

That said, they obviously shouldn't be there in the first place. But as steelboy points out, a simple online ballot will have the link being posted all over Celtic sites and forums.

Suspect clamour from the board sycophants has our Chief Executive posting a poorly prepared address... The ethos of proposed distribution is correct much to the chagrin of many and some who should know better on here. It's been fun reading, still time for references to pant wetting, porridge dribbling and display of the pampers logo mind. After all, clearly states final confirmation likely on Wednesday...

Detail could and should have been, oh, so better. Communication is key right enough, but, the more things change the more they stay the same is never more apt.

A lot of people are getting worked up over this when I'm not really seeing the need why. The club are doing the right thing if you ask me and as mentioned before any Well fan who wants a ticket for the Well end will get one.

I'm as anxious as the next man for my ticket but I'm lucky I have a ST book. I can understand peoples points that they dont get ST but still put money into the club. Thats the good thing about ST holders being allowed 4+ tickets each. You know then that they will go to Well fans as I for one wouldn't for the life of me give it to someone who wouldnt be supporting The Well that day.i'm sure everyone knows a ST holder who can help them out with tickets.

I'm sure the club arent daft, if a Finbar McGonigle from Cork or Declan McFaull from Parkhead try to buy tickets from the Motherwell end I'm sure there will be a contingency plan in place to no let them.

As Grievsie said, dont worry, put a pair of dry pants on and chill out.

Both myself and my other half have ST so possibly able to get 8 tickets between us. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of guys/girls on here in a similar position and things can be worked out privately between individuals. :whistling: for certain no smellik fans will get near to those tickets.:nod:

happy there is to be a pre-sale to all the season ticket holders

un-happy if excessive amounts are given out and that doesnt leave enough for the many many fans who are not ST holders, MFC want to grow the core support, 10 team SPL ( :ph34r: ) and restricted ticket sales doesnt encourage those values

Ballot- way too complicated and open to abuse unless its a super sophisticated ( read expensive) sytem

sell to the ST holders & supporters associations, sell to the known well fans ( does the database even exist), then general sale to best ability to the many Motherwell supporting public ( we didn't have that many direct supporters in 1991)

and with all due respect Leeann the club have let down our supporters on more than a few occasions regarding segregation

thanks for the open communication and the hard work being put in

The main issue for me is to prevent Celtic fans getting their hands on tickets to the detriment of our own support. They were not weeded out from our support in 2005 by the Police / stewards and they will not be weeded out in the final.

As has been said many times before, the answer is some kind of database. I would hope that the club has some such mechanism in place built up from season ticket sales, the club's email list, Euro games, Trust & Association membership, and big game sales. Could they be cross checked against Celtic's ST database? Perhaps also "open applications" could be verified by ST holders/Trust/Association although this may be just too complicated to operate.

Obviously ST holders should have first choice - thats a given.

However, people like me, who play on a saturday, and dont make every game, pay at the gate and go whenever possible. To reiterate, names will be stored from who attended the semi and Odense etc - could these be taken into account for the ballot.

Would like to be encouraged by Sieb's post that if a well fan wants a ticket then they will get one - maybe im just looking at it half empty.

Leeann, you have an absolute thankless task to try and satisfy everyones needs and will never please everyone, because unfortunately everyone has a selfish agenda and desperate to obtain a CUP FINAL ticket.

The dilemma you ( the club ) have is how do it in the fairest fashion. There will always be the ST holder and non season ticket holder arguement and in my view both can make valid points.

How many can a season ticket holder purchase, 4, why four why not 6 why not 2 why not one?

I also think that an online ballot could be open to abuse because people will go for multiple attempts to try and insure a ticket and bedlam could be caused.

Do not envy you at all............................ but any chance of a ticket!!!!!!!!!!

Leeann, you never please everyone, even if you hand deliver the tickets free of charge

One of the reasons why I buy a season tickets is because I know I'll get a per sales of tickets and I hope Motherwell gain a few more season ticket holders as a result. As for the number of tickets each season ticket holder can buy, I'm sure 4 was the amount season tickets holders could buy in the past.

As for the ballot and public sale (good luck) and it sounds fair to me (if it's good enough for the Olympics it's good enough for Motherwell) but I said before you'll never please everyone