Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Surprised no one has made much of an issue over the fact that a Celtic fan will have a chance almost every year to see their team in a final. By my logic, a celtic fan may support the team for 40 years, say 20 of those years will see a cup final for them, that means even if celtic are allocated 1000 tickets each final, that celtic fan will still have a greater oppurtunity to see their team in the final than a well fan might right now, when their team is in the final once in their lifetime.

So give us aw the tickets! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I don't dispute that and, had we been given 50%, I would only have expected us to shift 16,000 tickets anyway.

However, the numbers are irrelevant, as are the clubs playing the final. The fact of the matter is that a domestic cup final at neutral venue should be exactly that. If it's supposed to be a neutral venue, then the ticket allocation should be neutral as well. Who is playing, what their average attendance is, how many season ticket holders they have, what their attendances have been in earlier rounds - all irrelevant.

The moment you start giving one side more tickets than the other, for whatever reason, is the moment any notion of a "neutral venue" goes out of the window.

Know where your coming from there, but if they fill their end and we don't then there's still more of them than there is us, and the neutrality is again warped.

Given the FA cup is the weekend before there's the chance for the SFA to use this as an advert for the game up here, doubt they'd want empty seats.

Due to shit finances the past 3 years, I have been to hardly anything, but really want to go to this, and promised my dad a ticket for his birthday, and to celebrate him ending his chemo. Not too bothered about the allocation, cos I know we'll get the tickets, but fuck me, the prices have went up since the last time!

they get a mention big yin think leeann squeezes a statement in about them getting an allowance somewhere

edit well she says supporters associations if thats what you mean, clicky

Cheers Iain, must have my angry blinkers on.

Angered by the foul stench of the authorities tippy-toeing round the Smeltics, as they have in recent weeks.

Know where your coming from there, but if they fill their end and we don't then there's still more of them than there is us, and the neutrality is again warped.

Given the FA cup is the weekend before there's the chance for the SFA to use this as an advert for the game up here, doubt they'd want empty seats.

Oh aye, you don't have empty seats, the left over seats can be sold to the opposition without any complaints.

But at least the SFA could pretend like the term "neutral venue" is even remotely accurate. We already knew that the Celtic fans would get the traditional "Celtic end" and the team will get their usual dressing room. The idea of it being a neutral venue is already laughable, without giving one side almost 10,000 more tickets than the other from the very start.

Why should Motherwell Football Club only be allowed the chance to play in a legitimately neutral venue if they happen to play an Aberdeen or Kilmarnock in a cup final? It's not our doing who made it through the other rounds and past the other semi-final, and yet we're penalised because the SFA will pander to the Old Firm before even considering any notion of fairness.

Again, I don't think we'd have sold anymore than 16,000 with a 50/50 split anyway, but it's the principle of the thing. The Scottish Cup final next month will not be played at a neutral venue, despite what they try and claim. If that was because we didn't sell enough tickets, I think we'd all accept that. But it's not - it's because the SFA have decided it won't be a neutral venue from the very start.

• Like 1

seriously pissed off with this, as i have said before i dont have a season ticket due to not being able to pay such a large amount of money all at one time, but i pay at the gate EVERY home game, so just because I dont have a season ticket I could loose out on the final to some rangers/ celtic/ part time fan, realy not happy with this, and has totaly made me consider not going to games next season at all.

no doubt i wont get much sympathy from season ticket holders who normaly take the moral high ground with the usual " we pay £££ for a season ticket so we should get priority".

would like to state that pay at the gate fans who attend every game pay alot more to the club, and this is how we are treated....

RE the ballot, they are going to cross match what exactly? We all know that mentaining databases has never been the clubs strongest point. For example, when i went to purchase tickets for the european games, the accuracy of the personal information being inputed into their computer left alot to be desired. It was if the information being noted was not that important, and was only being processed as the authorities insisted on it. It's not beyond the possibility that the ballot requests run into the thousands, so how are they going to cope with that? Maybe they should start to cross match now! as leaving it until only 12 days prior to the final is going to to cause major problems for the club and those awaiting confirmation that they will get a ticket.

p.s. any season ticket holders from falkirk or west lothian want to adopt a non season ticket occasional attendee?

after being in the group of two who have made all the euro games away they still ask for details :doh:

(In answer to Jay's points)

Surely that would just be time wasting 'to prove a point' that it's a neutral venue would it not? Let's face it, we know, Celtic know and the SFA, as incompetent and useless as they are, know that Motherwell could not realistically hope to sell out an allocation of 50%. It is just plain common sense therefore to give Celtic the lion share of tickets given that their average home attendance is something like 55,000 and our's is barely 5,000.

It may be harsh, but statistics don't lie!

I pay at the gate due to work, and any home games I can't make I probably make up for in away games. Not got the slightest problem with ST holders and new ST holders getting priority at all however the ballot is a strange one and seems slightly unneccessary.

I'm rarely one to criticise the club so I'm assuming there is some massive logistical advantage to using ballot process. Seems a strange one though. If it's a genuine random ballot then why cross reference with the database? Why not just say those with details on the database will get priority for x amount of days then it's a general sale?

I think there is also a slight possibility that Celtic fans make a co-ordinated online effort to fill our end with their fans. Might not happen till their end is sold out, but it could happen. At least if the only way to get tickets was to queue it would limit this possibilty.

As I said, I've got faith in the club that this is the right thing to do. Just canny quite work out the logic in it just now though.

I'm rarely one to criticise the club so I'm assuming there is some massive logistical advantage to using ballot process. Seems a strange one though. If it's a genuine random ballot then why cross reference with the database? Why not just say those with details on the database will get priority for x amount of days then it's a general sale?

The cross-referencing has to be crucial thing with the ballot otherwise they would surely be just as well doing a general sale.

That in itself might be a concern to some - witness the repeated posts about getting no season ticket renewal information/three lots of season ticket information/getting invites to purchase tickets for Old Firm games in the away end but in theory if they have your details on there somewhere on some such database the cross-referencing intention would seem to offer a bit more reassurance that you'll get a ticket.

Still a bit unclear however how that helps you if are on the database and are looking to sit others who for whatever reason might not be though.

• Like 1

The online ballot form asks for your name, address, phone number and if you have been a season ticket holder before. Call me cynical but I reckon if they have any record of you having bought a ticket from Fir Park before you've got a good chance of being successful in the ballot :whistling:

Just putting my details in for the Ballot Site, disappointed you can't distinguish the tickets you want. I need 3 (1 Adult and 2 Juveniles) so would prefer to be able to get a chance at the family section if any left. With the way the ballot is set up I could end up paying £75 which would put it out of reasonable pricing for me at present.

Seeing what has been allocated as the family section, can see a lot of other families being in the same boat.

Looks like I'll need to see if I can get a ST Holder to help out.

The online ballot form asks for your name, address, phone number and if you have been a season ticket holder before. Call me cynical but I reckon if they have any record of you having bought a ticket from Fir Park before you've got a good chance of being successful in the ballot :whistling:

I was thinking the same thing. I hope this is how it will work. If the SFA weren't complete tit wanks and just spilt the allocation fairly I'm sure anyone that wanted a ticket would get one no bother. Is 16.000 confirmed?

I think the ballot is just a smoke screen to try and weed out celtic supporters, dont think there is need to panic but would rather know i've got one secured before the general release.

(In answer to Jay's points)

Surely that would just be time wasting 'to prove a point' that it's a neutral venue would it not? Let's face it, we know, Celtic know and the SFA, as incompetent and useless as they are, know that Motherwell could not realistically hope to sell out an allocation of 50%. It is just plain common sense therefore to give Celtic the lion share of tickets given that their average home attendance is something like 55,000 and our's is barely 5,000.

It may be harsh, but statistics don't lie!

Quick question then. What were the statistics in 91 when we played utd in what many describe as the best final of recent times. Did we fill half the stadium? What was our average league gate vs the turnout at th final. How great was the support that day? Full of die hards and all sorts of day trippers

Our club have earned the right to market the tickets based on that great day 20 years ago.

Jay is 100% correct

seriously pissed off with this, as i have said before i dont have a season ticket due to not being able to pay such a large amount of money all at one time, but i pay at the gate EVERY home game, so just because I dont have a season ticket I could loose out on the final to some rangers/ celtic/ part time fan, realy not happy with this, and has totaly made me consider not going to games next season at all.

no doubt i wont get much sympathy from season ticket holders who normaly take the moral high ground with the usual " we pay £££ for a season ticket so we should get priority".

would like to state that pay at the gate fans who attend every game pay alot more to the club, and this is how we are treated....

Can't ye pay in installements for STs these days?

And I think part of what your paying for with a season ticket is priority for big game tickets, so I don't think it's an issue of people taking the moral high ground at all.

Anyone who's on the database is effectively gauranteed a ticket tbe honest anyway seeing as there'll be at the VERY LEAST 5000 tickets left after ST sales. And there certainly won't be more than 5000 well fans who couldn't get a ticket via an ST holder.

All a fuss about nothin if I'm perfectly honest.

The cross-referencing has to be crucial thing with the ballot otherwise they would surely be just as well doing a general sale.

That in itself might be a concern to some - witness the repeated posts about getting no season ticket renewal information/three lots of season ticket information/getting invites to purchase tickets for Old Firm games in the away end but in theory if they have your details on there somewhere on some such database the cross-referencing intention would seem to offer a bit more reassurance that you'll get a ticket.

Still a bit unclear however how that helps you if are on the database and are looking to sit others who for whatever reason might not be though.

Aye, see that is all fair enough. Seems strange presenting it as a 'ballot' though which to me implies it's completely random. Particularly when there is nothing on the official site about the cross referencing. Might stop people freaking out if they knew the next priority after ST holders was those on the database.

Fuck knows, am I being pedantic?

I've got a season ticket but I'll probably just get my dad to get my ticket with his. That means I can probably get four for someone.

There really is no need to panic but I do agree with some folk on here, we should have half of the tickets allocated.

And my mrs asked if she could come. I swiftly told her to get herself to fuck.

Edited by swami

I think the ballot is just a smoke screen to try and weed out celtic supporters, dont think there is need to panic but would rather know i've got one secured before the general release.

I agree with you, also suggest the word "ballot" is suggesting there won't be enough tickets when realistically there probably will.

Those without season tickets can input there details now and in 7-10 days will find out if they have a ticket, which in most cases they probably will. This way the staff can check the names / addresses of the person applying for ticket without that person standing 2 feet from them.

If it comes down to a ballot for all non st holders then they'll either need to get a st holder to get them tickets or take the chance of missing out.I don't know that many st holders and the ones i do will probably be using the 4 tickets so wtf am i supposed to do?this might seem a bit ott since the details aren't 100% yet but i refuse to miss out so is there anyone who knows for sure they'll have 2 spare tickets who'd be willing to give me them for an extra fiver each on top of the ticket price? if anybody wants to take me up on that pm me.