Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Good memories... I was interested to see the £7 ticket price for a '91 cup final ticket. Had a look at an online inflation calculator, and £7 in '91 is worth about £12 today. I guess we can expect ticket prices of at least £24, meaning in real terms fitba' is twice as expensive as it was 20 years ago.

from the memories thread

Reading this is so infuriating. I have been a season ticket holder for the past 5 seasons but couldnt afford this years one and my wife has been one for the past 2 seasons and couldnt afford this one. We both entered the ballot for 4 tickets and have heard nothing at all since. Yet so many folk who entered it later / dont even support the club are getting tickets?!

GRRRRR!

Thats poor Pete!! I've not heard anything back either. However i was lucky enough to get tickets from someone (Craildo). So i'm sorted now. I expect there will be a lot of spare tickets floating around over the course of the next couple of days.

Can I just say I am MIGHTILY impressed by our club today. After my mini rant on the forum last night they got in touch and told me to email in the morning. Then Leeann phoned me back and took my booking personally over the phone. I picked up the tickets this afternoon. Top class customer service, she was adamant that she wanted to ensure all 'real fans' get tickets so said to pass on the word to others if they are in a similar situation.

It was only when I got to Fir Park however that I realised I was in my Ireland rugby top (being from Ireland although having lived here since I was 8!) and with my G33 postcode I was expecting to get jumped by a bunch of steelmen thinking I was a celtic fan. But alas I got the tickets safely enough and went and spent some money in the shop just to round it all off.

Really impressed and now really excited!

MON THE WELL!

• Like 1

so we had what at the '91 final, 30,000 supporting Motherwell. Where the fuck have the other 15,000 gone in the last 20years? They cannae all be deid.

In 91 there were a lot of Rangers & Celtic fans at Hampden supporting Motherwell, they live in Motherwell or the surrounding area and got caught up in the hype and came out to support their local team as it was against Dundee United. That to me is fine. 20 years on we face Celtic so obvious that they fans who have a leaning to them won't be buying a ticket to support Motherwell. The Rangers fans who have I hope they wear claret and amber and keep the secretarian stuff under wraps, it is not welcome within the Motherwell family.

In 91 there were a lot of Rangers & Celtic fans at Hampden supporting Motherwell, they live in Motherwell or the surrounding area and got caught up in the hype and came out to support their local team as it was against Dundee United. That to me is fine. 20 years on we face Celtic so obvious that they fans who have a leaning to them won't be buying a ticket to support Motherwell. The Rangers fans who have I hope they wear claret and amber and keep the secretarian stuff under wraps, it is not welcome within the Motherwell family.

RED and Orange Bye The Bye.whistling.gif

RED and Orange Bye The Bye.whistling.gif

Thats cool, we can all abuse lennon then identify the red and orange scarfs were the instigators, Well fans get to abuse lennon until the cup is won then blame it on the red and orange scarf

I just feel that rangers fans will be there to see Celtic fail and not really there to support the 'Well :wallbash:

• Like 1

aye as long as they dont start any of their sectarian pish i couldnt give a fuck tbh, a rangers fan supporting motherwell is better than an empty seat

As long as their attendance hasn't stopped a proper Well fan from getting a ticket...

As long as their attendance hasn't stopped a proper Well fan from getting a ticket...

And given there's still tickets on public sale today and tomorrow, I think we can safely say their attendance hasn't stopped a proper 'Well fan from getting a ticket.

• Like 1