Cup Final Tickets

Taff

aye but it's the fact that 3/4s of their support disapeared due to a bad season.

anyway the cup final isn't about giving fans a day out it's about an even contest at a neutral venue. that's why we should have the option of 50/50.

we better not all be stuck behind the goals.

If it's not 50 / 50 it will be.

They'll have all the way down the touchline and the traditional Celtic end. (because they get that no matter who they play)

Down the touchline is the closest to being 'on top of the play' as you get at Hampden - so again another unfair advantage is handed to the tic.

If we only get 16K we should kindly request that we get the same sections as we got for the semi - filling in the gaps. The 'extra tickets they get for their stragglers should be over in the far corner.

aye but it's the fact that 3/4s of their support disapeared due to a bad season.

anyway the cup final isn't about giving fans a day out it's about an even contest at a neutral venue. that's why we should have the option of 50/50.

we better not all be stuck behind the goals.

Sorry mate, but I reckon thats what a large portion of our support on the day will be there for.

16k-18k isnt bad in my opinion, lets make sure we get them all sold (to 'well fans) and make more noise than 25k in the munchers end.

The point is though that it should be a default convention on tickets irrelevant of who has qualified.

The size of the regular support is not important. Man City have a bigger capacity than Stoke. Will they get less tickets for the final? No it'll be 50 / 50 - what about Portsmouth last year?

Giving them more tickets because they are a bigger team only perpetuates the imbalance. These two fuckers are big because of the religious divide. They expect more revenue than the rest in general due to it (TV etc) and they expect more tickets at Hampden due to it.

Vocal support is a factor in the motivation of the teams ina game. We should get 50% allocation (initially) because we earned it. They don't deserve 60 / 70% because they're the big Glasgow tim club (likewise with if it were the big Glasgow h*n club).

You get to a final - you get half the gate to start with.

They're players didn't play 50% better than our guys and they earned exactly the same prize - a place in the final.

They deserve the opportunity to have the same amount of supporters if that's possible to do.

Totally understand where you are coming from, but playing devils advocate I can see where the other argument comes from too and to be honest part of me says that surely football fans who make a genuine financial contribution to Scottish Fitba should be catered for before the 'day trippers' who wouldnt know the difference between the Main Stand and the Cooper Stand, Stevie Kirk fae Joe McLeod or the Scottish Cup fae the League Cup.

The capacity for Hampden is around 56,000 i suspect about 10 to 15 k of this will go to corporate sponsors, and all the SFA hangers on, other member clubs etc. This takes the available tickets for the paying punters down to around the 41 K mark, so motherwell should be pushing for at least 20 K. It wont happen though as the tattie munchers will claim as many as they can and the SFA will do the usual thing and give in to them.

PS Has the figure of 4 tickets per season book been confirmed ?

Totally understand where you are coming from, but playing devils advocate I can see where the other argument comes from too and to be honest part of me says that surely football fans who make a genuine financial contribution to Scottish Fitba should be catered for before the 'day trippers' who wouldnt know the difference between the Main Stand and the Cooper Stand, Stevie Kirk fae Joe McLeod or the Scottish Cup fae the League Cup.

Wouldn't we be hoping that a percentage of these "day trippers" who come to the final maybe end up coming to Fir Park next season on the back of a cup win? Espceially the younger members of the crowd?

The fact is, anyone who comes through those gates at Hampden to support Motherwell should be given the same respect as the fan who sits through the games on a cold, wet Wednesday night in Inverness.

We need to encourage more fans to get involved, not label them day trippers and tourists.

• Like 1

far too many glory hunters.

i don't mean the 'well fans whove been unable to go all season or two or thre seasons. I mean the mugs who are takin there maw. cos she "likes" motherwell or yer sisters brotherwho's a rangers fan. these cnts piss me aff

It's possibly been lost a few pages back but thought there was some meritin kmcalpin's suggestion last night, of vouchers from season ticket books being used as an in betweener stage between the ST holders sale and a ballot.

Say you have a few days for ST holders to purchase their allocation (up to 4 or whatever it was) either alongside or shortly followed by a couple of days for those with appropriate voucher from a ST holder's book, then your proposed ballot or general sale.

As with all suggestions its not going to work for everybody but I think it would likely mean that these vouchers would go from Motherwell fans to other Motherwell fans and further reduce the chances of tickets falling into the wrong hands.

I'm sure we could think of a way on here that could help vouchers be passed from those who don't need them to the right hands.

Only thing that is bothering me so far is if season ticket holders get to purchase up to 4 tickets. The pre-sale is fair, they do have season tickets afterall but the three other tickets they buy could be for anyone and it becomes a case of being in a privileged position of knowing people to get in. I think that is slightly unfair.

I don't see the argument that ST holders wont be able to bring the regular people they sit next to, those people would more than likely have their own season tickets and therefore access to the pre-sale. I really don't see what ST holders need the ability to buy up to 4 tickets for.

If ST holders buy 4 tickets they will be inclined to bring friends and family who never attend games and no doubt won't start to after seeing the cup final.

I think this comes down to clubs stance, if they want to use this as an opportunity to encourage a few wandering fans to the club then that is their choice but I would be disappointed that the club aren't honouring fans who have been paying at the gate for 20 years and more like myself (I have had a season ticket on 3 occasions).

I will make the point that it would be nice if the sale could honour former ST holders but I imagine that would not be the most viable scheme.

cheers.gif

Why not just partner up on here?

So all ST holders on here get 4, they keep the tickets they need and then distribute 1 ticket to the registered members of SteelmenOnline who arent ST holders but want to attend. A sort of SteelmenOnline Cooperative. It doesnt help other folks but it helps folk like me, so i'll vote for it. And no to the AV.

Why not just partner up on here?

So all ST holders on here get 4, they keep the tickets they need and then distribute 1 ticket to the registered members of SteelmenOnline who arent ST holders but want to attend. A sort of SteelmenOnline Cooperative. It doesnt help other folks but it helps folk like me, so i'll vote for it. And no to the AV.

I think the point that was being made above though is people having the ability to purchase 4 tickets and then distributing them to wifes, girlfriends, parents who have never set foot in Fir Park. Not everyone is going to want to help random Well fans from a messageboard.

I'm confident though that everyone that wants a ticket will get one, its just like Scotland away games there is always the anxiety of not being able to get a ticket but the majority of people do in the end. Although I think the way its being done will result in larger groups of mates / families not being able to sit next to each other.

So we've established that everyone who wants a ticket should get one, kinda makes a lot of this thread redundant unless yer jist wanting a moan

Aye, but the fact we have made no new signings before the final is an outrage.

Wouldn't we be hoping that a percentage of these "day trippers" who come to the final maybe end up coming to Fir Park next season on the back of a cup win? Espceially the younger members of the crowd?

The fact is, anyone who comes through those gates at Hampden to support Motherwell should be given the same respect as the fan who sits through the games on a cold, wet Wednesday night in Inverness.

We need to encourage more fans to get involved, not label them day trippers and tourists.

Again, Dave, you are missing the point. I am looking at this from a neutral (even though I'm quite clearly not neutral) point of view and I can see why people think that regular attenders of football matches should eb catered for before anybody else. Hopefully any Motherwell 'day tripper' will buy a season book for next year and go onto have many seasons following the 'well but the point still stands.

Still don't really see the four per season ticket holder as being unfair. For instance, I'm the only one in our group who has one so the extra tickets I buy will be folk who'd be going anyway. I'd bet plenty of other folk are the same - 'Well fans who don't bother buying a season ticket getting an early brief because their mate has one. Granted, there'll be a few folk who'll bring friends or family who don't normally go, but not enough to stop any 'Well fan who wants a ticket being able to go.

As I said earlier, four per ST holder is fair IMO. Any less and some folk will undoubtedly have to be split up from their mates, any more and it's unfair. I'd assume the number four has been picked for a reason, not just plucked from the air.

I'm living in Falkirk don't drive, only time I really get to go to games is if my dads well enough to go through with me!.. He is not but I am determined not to miss this, every well fan should be there, they will regret if they don't, so I am taking my cousin through he is 16 and not into football that much but recently been kinda trying to turn him into a well fan! ;D i make him go outside and kick a ball around with me and also make him watch any well games on TV, and showed him lots a well videos etc, hes now really up for going to the final and hopefully will leave it a well fan!! he says just now he likes Motherwell cause they are entertaining to watch! :thumbup: my Birthday is May 19th and getting two tickets for it!.. hopefully :cheers: