Cup Final Tickets

Taff

However back to the Cup Final chat, I'd suggest that every Well fan will get a brief. Not every season ticket holder will take 4. To quote a post above, calm yer jets.

Aye, four tickets could cost over a hundred notes, and I doubt every season ticket holder will be willing to shell that out, or have three mates who are wanting to do so.

If the club go down the route of a general sale instead of a ballot I think everyone will be fine.

Me, my brother and my two mates go to all home games and id say about 50% of the away fixtures, we dont have season tickets and not the member of any association, i must admit im beginning to panic. I dont like the idea of a ballot, general sale then if you go early enough you would get one...

Worried about how this may turn out for us, i cant think of any season ticket holder i know well enough to ask !

I'm a bit pissed off with the ticketing for the final for a number off reasosn:

Firstly, at SFA who have yet again pandered to one of the Brother's Grimm. Celtic get twice our allocation in a showpiece final at a neutral venue! Balls! A more favourbale/acceptable would have been 60/40 and I beleive we could have sold our allocation.

Next, at Celtic themselves! I heard a few of them moan at me yesterday that there allocation was crap and we shouldn't be getting 16,000 as our average gate is blah, blah, blah! Well I suppose their 32, 000 or whatever only allows for 5% of those who were in Seville to go!

Thirdly, our club. While I'm all in favour for season ticket holders getting priority, I think allowing them to buy 4 tickets before a public sale is a bit much. Two would have been much fairer! Don't know exact figures, but say we have 4700 season ticket holders all wanting to buy 4 tickets - that leaves us needing an extra 2800 allocation just to accomodate them! Yeah not all season ticket holders will take 4, but how many will be getting tickets for wives/girlfriends/parents/pals who support some other team and fancy a day out/etc?!

I've not had a season ticket in a few years due mainly to the fact I have work commitments and there is no point paying for a ticket when I'm not sure wether I'll be able to use it from week to week. Did have one for about 11 seasons, which is taken into consideration! Also, I think I have made about 12 home games this season, paying at the gate/ticket office each time. Also got family who work away who want to go and are in the exact same boat!

Don't want to come accross as a moaning git, but I've went from unbelieably excited for the 21st - even organising a bus! - to nervous and deflated that I might not get a ticket!

For all those season ticket fans taking someone who hasn't been to a single Motherwell game in the past 10years or so....thanks! Because of you lot, folk like me (who actually pay more to watch the team by paying at the gate most/every game) might not get a ticket!

Rant over - and fingers tightly crossed I'm just over panicing!

I'm a bit pissed off with the ticketing for the final for a number off reasosn:

Firstly, at SFA who have yet again pandered to one of the Brother's Grimm. Celtic get twice our allocation in a showpiece final at a neutral venue! Balls! A more favourbale/acceptable would have been 60/40 and I beleive we could have sold our allocation.

Next, at Celtic themselves! I heard a few of them moan at me yesterday that there allocation was crap and we shouldn't be getting 16,000 as our average gate is blah, blah, blah! Well I suppose their 32, 000 or whatever only allows for 5% of those who were in Seville to go!

Thirdly, our club. While I'm all in favour for season ticket holders getting priority, I think allowing them to buy 4 tickets before a public sale is a bit much. Two would have been much fairer! Don't know exact figures, but say we have 4700 season ticket holders all wanting to buy 4 tickets - that leaves us needing an extra 2800 allocation just to accomodate them! Yeah not all season ticket holders will take 4, but how many will be getting tickets for wives/girlfriends/parents/pals who support some other team and fancy a day out/etc?!

I've not had a season ticket in a few years due mainly to the fact I have work commitments and there is no point paying for a ticket when I'm not sure wether I'll be able to use it from week to week. Did have one for about 11 seasons, which is taken into consideration! Also, I think I have made about 12 home games this season, paying at the gate/ticket office each time. Also got family who work away who want to go and are in the exact same boat!

Don't want to come accross as a moaning git, but I've went from unbelieably excited for the 21st - even organising a bus! - to nervous and deflated that I might not get a ticket!

For all those season ticket fans taking someone who hasn't been to a single Motherwell game in the past 10years or so....thanks! Because of you lot, folk like me (who actually pay more to watch the team by paying at the gate most/every game) might not get a ticket!

Rant over - and fingers tightly crossed I'm just over panicing!

As above my thoughts exactly , i am gutted at the idea of a ballot !

Just heard that we have an option for another 6,000 tickets should/if/when we sell out! If theis is the case then there is less of a panic - we should of had at least 20,000 to sart with!

Can anyone confirm this?

That's great news WUFI, what's the source?

Also, our "16000" allocation has not been officially confirmed yet, right?

I know a lot of folks want to be in the North Stand

shut the f**k up and settle down

now that we are calm -

1 - we do not have 4700 season ticket holders - so your calculation is miles out

2 - 4 per season ticket is fair - IF you did have a season ticket, and you went with your 3 mates (who didnt have a ST) you'd be on here moaning that its crap we are only offereing 2 per ST and that you cant sit next to them

3 - not every ST holder is going to take the full allocation - there will be tickets for you and your mates and your family

to all those people who say PATG punters pay more into the club - I agree, but you pay more of YOUR money into the club - but it doesnt help the club out. The club needs the money at the end/start of the season so it can function on a day to day basis - ST money is of paramount importance to the club.

this isnt a case of I'm better than you, or you are better than me. People need to chill out and stop panicking.

Yes we had about 30k in '91 at Hampden, but we had 16000 in 2005, and we had about 7/8000 for the St J semi final

If you really really want a ticket - you will find a way of getting one

If you dont know anyone with a season ticket, you are either not trying hard enough or you have no mates - or you are in the wrong circle of friends and they all support some other team (which means you should find new mates!)

afterall the moaning about tickets on here - what still pisses me off is that everyone finds the need to sit down and not support the team. Our support is as bad as St Johnstone, St Mirren and Accies

Anytime you see a United, Aberdeen, HIbs, Hearts even Killie - they are all standing singing supporting their team - maybe we should try that!!

• Like 2

If you dont know anyone with a season ticket, you are either not trying hard enough or you have no mates - or you are in the wrong circle of friends and they all support some other team (which means you should find new mates!)

Nice wee rant, but how many Motherwell fans do you think there are in Livingston? :D

Anytime you see a United, Aberdeen, HIbs, Hearts even Killie - they are all standing singing supporting their team - maybe we should try that!!

Do they?

Motherwell have been handed just 16,000 tickets for the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic next month.

The Fir Park club asked the SFA for a 50-50 split for the Hampden showpiece, but Celtic have been allocated 8000 tickets more than Stuart McCall's side.

SFA security chiefs insist segregation issues mean it is impossible to secure an equal split, but the Steelmen are unhappy at being so heavily outnumbered.

Well chief executive Leeann Dempster said: "We've been offered a set figure, but it is nowhere near the 50-50 split we feel is only right and proper for a national cup final."

Impossible to ensure an equal split? Ok, give us 24000 then and give them the 16000. Simples.

Still begs the question, that's only 40000 in a 52103 seater stadium. Are there really as many as 12103 for corprorate etc????

Or in Toulouse where my uncle has stayed and worked past 12years?!!!

Miles off with your comments there. I did say "I don't know exact figures!" when talking about season tickets and I'm meerly expressing my concerns that someone who pays a lot of money per year to watch a team I have supported all my life, having a season ticket the vast majority of those years, isn't guaranteed a ticket for our first Scottish Final in 20years!

Impossible to ensure an equal split? Ok, give us 24000 then and give them the 16000. Simples.

Still begs the question, that's only 40000 in a 52103 seater stadium. Are there really as many as 12103 for corprorate etc????

It is the national cup final. Every team that took part gets tickets, sponsors, debenture holders, people the SFA want to make happy and so on.

Easiest way to do it - split it the same as the 2001-2002 Old Firm Scottish Cup final.

Or in Toulouse where my uncle has stayed and worked past 12years?!!!

Miles off with your comments there. I did say "I don't know exact figures!" when talking about season tickets and I'm meerly expressing my concerns that someone who pays a lot of money per year to watch a team I have supported all my life, having a season ticket the vast majority of those years, isn't guaranteed a ticket for our first Scottish Final in 20years!

Reading through some of the posts on here if motherwell are getting 16,000 tickets for the final looking at what you sold for the semis well everyone should be ok for the final???

It happens at every club mate were glory hunters come out for the big big occasions and it makes me sick,I follow youse for diffrent reasons but my team is Liverpool fc and the trouble we have getting tickets for finals is ridicoulis,Glory hunters everywere.

Were going the final and the 8 of us have said that if we have a ticket and theres a motherwell fan who hasnt well they will be offered to take our place and go the game and we will watch it in the pub,Mon the well.:drinks:

If a 50/50 split is impossible for segregation issues, who got more tickets at League Cup Final?!!! Can't imagine either half of the bigot brothers accepting less than the other - and theres more reason to segregate them!!

Maybe it's just the SFA are just full of fucking shit and are bending over to be rammed hared by one of the Old Firm yet again??!!!

Jay's right. All genuine Well fans who want a ticket will get one. Not all Well season ticket holders will require to buy 4 each, so there will be plenty left for everyone else. For me 16000 is more than enough for us in terms of numbers, and also in the respect of out-shouting the Shellic fans.

Jay's right. All genuine Well fans who want a ticket will get one. Not all Well season ticket holders will require to buy 4 each, so there will be plenty left for everyone else. For me 16000 is more than enough for us in terms of numbers, and also in the respect of out-shouting the Shellic fans.

Hope your right Peter , cause i for one am bricking it, as is my bro !

Both my mate and I are season ticket holders and due to bad management ( we let the women book a holiday) we will be in Egypt on the day of the final.

That frees up 8 tickets for all the moaning gits on here who are worried about getting a ticket.

There will be enough tickets for every Well fan that wants one.

Mon the (Distant) Dossers

If we don't think we are getting a fair share of tickets should we not hire Peter McBride QC.

He could obviously fight the case based on the folowing

'The SFA are tonight officially the laughing stock of world football and they have been shown to be not merely dysfunctional and not merely dishonest but biased.'

It's worked before

If we don't think we are getting a fair share of tickets should we not hire Peter McBride QC.

He could obviously fight the case based on the folowing

'The SFA are tonight officially the laughing stock of world football and they have been shown to be not merely dysfunctional and not merely dishonest but biased.'

It's worked before

Paul McBride QC withdrew that statement, and apologised :D

At one point i was in a bit of a panic over missing out on gettng a ticket, but i have now chilled out a bit and i am confident that i will get one. It has been said earlier that not every season ticket holder will take all 4 tickets on offer. They should be plenty left for those of us who do not have a season ticket. If in doubt, get your name into the ballot.

i think a lot of people are underestimating how many people want to go to this just for a day out.

my dad goes to the home games with his mates and sometimes goes to away games with me and my brother. he's ran a 20 seater to both semi finals for him and his mates but is juking that this time and taking my mum :wallbash: , some welsh guy and his missus and a few folk from teuchtarland. that's one guy that usually goes to games and he's bringing an extra 5 or 6 bodies who aren't really interested in the club. i'm sure that's not an uncommon thing. add in the amount of people who will want to take their kids, nephews and nieces ect and it's quite feasible we could have sold 20k.

i've also spoke to quite a few casual old firm fans who couldn't find their way to ibrox or parkhead but who want to come along to the final to support the town. :wallbash:

i'm sorted for a ticket but i'm getting a bit downhearted thinking it's going to be an absolutely shite atmosphere.