Cup Final Tickets

Taff

This "Application Form" is a load of shite by the way.

I'm filling ours out just now, but does that mean we'll be standing in a queue for the majority of the day while everyone who hasn't done so already fills out pointless forms asking for ages and e-mail addresses? I'll also be ticking the box at the bottom to ask the club not be sending out correspondence - I'm not in favour of wasting the majority of my day off work in a queue thanks to filling out forms so the club can sent everyone letters.

And what's this "collection in person only" shite? I'm turning up with four forms - the season ticket holders on each are me, my uncle, and my two cousins. I will be expecting 16 tickets. No one's telling me all four of us need to turn up to buy them, surely?

Fuck me. Turn up, give your voucher, buy your tickets. Over-complicated nonsense.

Well, if you're that afraid of ending up in a row full of daytrippers you could always do everyone a favour and stay home.

Whoever buys a ticket for the Motherwell end of Hampden on May 21st is just as much of a fan on the day as you or me.

This elitist pish is doing my head in.

Totally agree David......................One thing we are good at, is hitting the Self Distruct Button... If your there for the Claret and Amber then fantastic...my dad went to Firpark from the 40's-and into the turn of the century, a quiet man but this did not make him less of a supporter '' Keep The Torch Bright Lads''

This "Application Form" is a load of shite by the way.

Did you download this from the official site? i can't get it to open..... in saying that this computer sometimes just doesn't let you download things.

EDIT: sack that it had downloaded it but just hidden it in a random folder

Did you download this from the official site? i can't get it to open..... in saying that this computer sometimes just doesn't let you download things

Aye. Something to look forward to.

First Name, Surname, House Name/Number, Street, Town/City, Postcode, Date of Birth, Age, Season Ticket Stand, Season Ticket Seat Number, Ticket Requested, Contact Telephone, Email Address.

It's basically a database-forming exercise, get the fans to do it for them. Make everyone fill out a form with pointless information then batter them letters and e-mails. I don't mind it to a point - it makes business sense I guess - but people will end up turning up at the ticket office needing to fill out the form there and then, adding about another 10 minutes to each purchase. I'm wanting to go to a game of football, not apply for a fucking Visa.

Tomorrow's going to be great fun.

Well, if you're that afraid of ending up in a row full of daytrippers you could always do everyone a favour and stay home.

Whoever buys a ticket for the Motherwell end of Hampden on May 21st is just as much of a fan on the day as you or me.

This elitist pish is doing my head in.

i couldn't point to stoke on a map and couldn't give a toss about their football team but by your logic if i got my hands on an fa cup final ticket and went to the game i would be as much of a fan as someone who has been going week in week out for 30 years.

very good.

:laugh: Ticket office will be closed tomorrow with it being a holiday.... what a laugh that would be. Loads of fans gathered to purchase tickets and no c**t turns up. In all honesty I can see it being a long wait, as Jay has already mentioned the amount of info that you are going to have to fill in on the day if you haven't already filled in is going to take time. If you haven't filled in the form it could take anything up to ten minutes at the counter to purchase your four tickets.. What a fun day ahead for many 'Well fans tomorrow I think!!

You're not kidding! Bit extreme methinks, what's wrong with a here,s a season book, here,s a special match voucher - I'll have 4 tickets please. I hope its sunny tomorrow for the queuing - I might bring a pack of cards or a carry out ......

Exactly. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm allowed to buy four tickets. The email addresses or house numbers of those going is of no relevance whatsoever. As I said, it's just an excuse to build up a database by making the fans do the hard work, whilst simultaneously making an absolute shambles of selling cup final tickets. Could be talking hours standing in a queue in Motherwell while folk fill out forms, stopping half way through to phone their mates to get postcodes etc. :rolleyes:

At the very least, they should have folk with forms and clipboards going up and down the queue getting the forms filled out before punters reach the ticket office. But it's Motherwell Football Club, so probably not.

They could probably have stuck some copies of the form in the programme yesterday or at the pie bit or something because I'd imagine loads of folk won't have got the form printed off. I never even knew we needed form until I came on here as I just read ST holder, 4 tickets and stopped reading as I assumed that was as complicated as it got.

Season ticket holders have pre-sale for a week, with 3,000 in total and a allocation of 16,000 its safe to say you don't have to go on day 1 to ensure your tickets, you could quite feasibly pop up at any point during the week when you perceive it to be quieter and easily get tickets.

As for the form, dry your eyes. you have to do the "hard work" .... filling out some names and addresses .... diddums.

However not like Motherwell fans to run things down before the event.

Agreed Jay it's a farce. My dad can't make it tomrrow, am I meant to wait until he is free before I go to the ticket office. It's just a total marketing exercise, understandable to an extent but why is it so diff to the semi.

Can I just not walk up with my voucher C and buy 4 tickets. Hardly going to give my tickets to some tims.

Season ticket holders have pre-sale for a week, with 3,000 in total and a allocation of 16,000 its safe to say you don't have to go on day 1 to ensure your tickets, you could quite feasibly pop up at any point during the week when you perceive it to be quieter and easily get tickets.

Aye. Cos we're all in the position of being able to "pop up at any point during the week".

As for the form, dry your eyes. you have to do the "hard work" .... filling out some names and addresses .... diddums.

:lol:

Aye, very good. I'm on a forum where people post up their opinions, and my opinion is it's a fucking joke. If you don't like that, "dry your eyes".

Its not really about filling in the form its that it'll take much longer to get the tickets if folk are filling in as they go because of the amount of information thats required.

Its not really about filling in the form its that it'll take much longer to get the tickets if folk are filling in as they go because of the amount of information thats required.

I thought that was pretty obviously the point, but evidently not.

It took an hour yesterday to get an East Stand ticket(was upset at missing the kick off,little did i know the queue was better than the game ) and thats without any forms.

Does anyone know if there will be a late opening at either the ticket office or this place in the town centre on Thursday? I know they've done it before for the Europa games but I haven't heard anything about it for this one?

Sorry if its already been answered, but I'm in work all week and won't get a chance to go up otherwise.

What a load of pish.

Folk that have suffered week in week out over the years deserve the day out more than your granny whos out for the day and no doubt moaning like fuck about the unpleasant shouts and nasty songs in between asking what colour we play in and what way we're shooting

I'll tell you what then, let's just accept an allocation that covers the real fans who show up "week in & week out", shall we?

It'll be the grannies & other family members who make up the bulk of our cup final crowd. When they pay their money for their ticket they are just as much a supporter on the day as you or me.

What I'm hoping is that we can retain even a small percentage of those who attend the final and see them at Fir Park a few times a season.

It's a national spectacle, and as such it will hopefully see the entire area embrace the occasion like they did in 1991.

Sure, most of the fans that go won't know Bill Dickie's shoe size or have a mention scrawled in the east stand toilets like yourself, being a real hardcore and all that, but their support will be crucial in making it a great day for all concerned.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what then, let's just accept an allocation that covers the real fans who show up "week in & week out", shall we?

It'll be the grannies & other family members who make up the bulk of our cup final crowd. When they pay their money for their ticket they are just as much a supporter on the day as you or me.

What I'm hoping is that we can retain even a small percentage of those who attend the final and see them at Fir Park a few times a season.

It's a national spectacle, and as such it will hopefully see the entire area embrace the occasion like they did in 1991.

Sure, most of the fans that go won't know Bill Dickie's shoe size or have a mention scrawled in the east stand toilets like yourself, being a real hardcore and all that, but their support will be crucial in making it a great day for all concerned.

Hardcore ? Hark at Wolfie Smith there with the molotov cocktail , bloody fist and face mask :doh:

You're preaching to the choir on the 50/50 split and with 25k tickets there would obviously be plenty of day trippers.

However folk that are turning up on the day for the first time in 20 years IMO are fuck all fans compared to those who spend the time and hard earned following the team up and down the country week in week out. I dont think that's elitist , theres plenty of elitism on here though. Uberfans on the big couch of a weekend at kick off time moaning about songs and smoke bombs and the likes. And sorry to burst the fantasy but becoming a moderator on here might give you a wee bump on the front of your trousers and something new to put on your next tweet to Tommy , it doesnt give you the right to be telling regular attenders like MJW to stay away from the final though :wank:

And sorry to burst the fantasy but becoming a moderator on here might give you a wee bump on the front of your trousers and something new to put on your next tweet to Tommy

8)

it doesnt give you the right to be telling regular attenders like MJW to stay away from the final though

I wasn't telling anyone anything, I was posting my opinion. Get a grip.

My view is that whomever forks over their hard earned to attend the cup final is as much of a Motherwell fan on the day as the next person, regardless of their track record.

MJW may be a regular feature at Fir Park, but moaning about being sat in a row next to a load of "day trippers" is cringeworthy. The last time I checked we needed all the fans we could get, and should be encouraging these part-timers along to the games, not looking down our noses at them.

So how many tickets are we going to get for the final ,do we have an exact number yet.

16,000 is still the number I'm hearing at the moment Jim.

i was in a taxi last ngt,the driver was a rangers fan and he said he was going to try and get a ticket.i was ready to crack the c**t.when i told him well fans could struggle to get a ticket,he said he wouldent bother.how many other bastards are planning on hijacking our day.needless to say he never got a tip