Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Why?

My fear now is ending up in a row full of day trippers who sit down at 3pm and get back up at 3:45 and do fuck all in between as happened in the CIS semi and the cup semi.

If I'm lucky enough in the 'random' ballot I'll be one, along with my 2 sons, of those day trippers. Completing and funding an over 800 mile round trip together with hotel costs. I have also been a 'Well fan for over 40 years and until I moved down here visited almost every ground in Scotland + Fulham & Norwich + every round, except Aberdeen but incl replays, in '91 cup. Since I moved here my sons, bit old now, but were only kids in area wearing 'Well kits and not M.Utd/Arsenal etc. Eldest son was a mascot versus D'dee Utd. I have taken in loads of games at great expense incl cup games away to St Mirren in 2009 and I think what must have been 2nd replay at Tannadice against Brechin in feezin cold in January some years ago. etc etc. Oh yes we were also 'day trippers' at CIS final. So although attending every game is not a runner I probably spend more than most trying to follow the 'Well and I was at the Semi also spent a fortune in 'Well shop. Boys might be 17 & 20 now but still want their retro kits etc. Does fact we cannot make every game make us less likely to 'contribute to atmosphere' or make us less deserving of a cup final ticket? I think I am at least as likely to scream my head off & get every bit as emotional as any 'Well fan.

• Like 3

If I'm lucky enough in the 'random' ballot I'll be one, along with my 2 sons, of those day trippers. Completing and funding an over 800 mile round trip together with hotel costs. I have also been a 'Well fan for over 40 years and until I moved down here visited almost every ground in Scotland + Fulham & Norwich + every round, except Aberdeen but incl replays, in '91 cup. Since I moved here my sons, bit old now, but were only kids in area wearing 'Well kits and not M.Utd/Arsenal etc. Eldest son was a mascot versus D'dee Utd. I have taken in loads of games at great expense incl cup games away to St Mirren in 2009 and I think what must have been 2nd replay at Tannadice against Brechin in feezin cold in January some years ago. etc etc. Oh yes we were also 'day trippers' at CIS final. So although attending every game is not a runner I probably spend more than most trying to follow the 'Well and I was at the Semi also spent a fortune in 'Well shop. Boys might be 17 & 20 now but still want their retro kits etc. Does fact we cannot make every game make us less likely to 'contribute to atmosphere' or make us less deserving of a cup final ticket? I think I am at least as likely to scream my head off & get every bit as emotional as any 'Well fan.

Come on, it stands to reason then you wouldn't have made it to Fir Park on Saturday then,that was my gripe.Seeing the Motherwell support outnumbered in a crowd of less than 10k pisses me off and that to me will never be good enough.

Still no official word on allocation and clarification as to whether there is scope for further tickets should we need them?

Our allocation is 16059 to be precise, with 25039 for Shellic. The rest of the hampden seats are for SFA use and debenture seats.

Still no official word on allocation and clarification as to whether there is scope for further tickets should we need them?

Not exactly official but the word in the shop down the street today was that the final allocation was the agreed 16,059.

EDIT: The club has been arguing its case for the last 10 days trying to be allocated extra tickets

They also think they might not need to have a ballot if things carry on as they are going.

Plenty of pre-orders for new season tickets have been taken which has boosted the number of tickets sold.

Not exactly official but the word in the shop down the street today was that the final allocation was the agreed 16,059.

Aye, that was the figure under "proposed allocation" on the stadium plan in the ticket office.

Anyway, that was an experience. We decided to go down for the ticket office opening today because Joe, who was paying for all the tickets in the oner, works in Newcastle the rest of the week so it had to be today, and going in the morning meant still having most of the Bank Holiday free.

Of course, we weren't really expecting so many other folk to do the exact same thing.

3 1/2 hours later, we finally got our tickets. Block B2, Rows R & Q. To be honest, I much prefer the further back the better at Hampden (unlike steelboy it would appear!!) but I'm happy to have it sorted. The time in the queue actually flew by, it must be said. It was a good laugh! That said, it wouldn't have been my first choice of activity for a Bank Holiday Monday morning... :lol:

3 1/2 hours later, we finally got our tickets. Block B2, Rows R & Q. To be honest, I much prefer the further back the better at Hampden (unlike steelboy it would appear!!) but I'm happy to have it sorted. The time in the queue actually flew by, it must be said. It was a good laugh! That said, it wouldn't have been my first choice of activity for a Bank Holiday Monday morning... :lol:

i like to be close to the action and share my thoughts with the players :whistling:

the only time i've sat behind the goals at hampden was the scotland - holland playoff game when faddy scored and i was in the single letters and it was no bad. the seat i've got just now must be 180 yards from the far goals so there's no chance of judging what's going on up there. there's also no chance of any tims having a view of me giving them the fingers after we score. <_>

In the ticket office today, there was a plan of seating allocation. The corner where our family section for the semi was, wasn't marked MFC or CFC it had a ? . Hopefully that section is ours if the number can force the SFA to hand it over or before Paul McBridie QC (it ain't a typo) forces their hand.

Well done to the Club!

Yes it was busy, yes there was a wee bit of confusion at the start at Fir Park, but everyone who wants a ticket either has them or will get one soon.

All the staff selling the tickets are also doing a fantastic job and deserve great credit.

Was a great idea to have the shop in Brandon Parade and to have the foresight to be handing out the forms / clipboards to those who hadn't completed the forms.

Well done again and roll on the 21st May!

Was in the q from 9 til 1, tickets bought and now need to sort transport, club were wanting a tenner for the bus instead of the 5 pound they charged for the semi bumping bastards

It won't be the club that has bumped the price of the bus, it will be the bus operators.

Well done to the Club!

Yes it was busy, yes there was a wee bit of confusion at the start at Fir Park, but everyone who wants a ticket either has them or will get one soon.

All the staff selling the tickets are also doing a fantastic job and deserve great credit.

Are you serious ? I thought it was a poor show. The woman who served us got to process the card within a minute but then decided to talk to another woman for the next three or four minutes while a third woman who looked asif she may run the office had to ask us if we had our tickets then check about to see where the woman serving us had put them !!

Come on it ain't rocket science, plus the club are adding on £2 per ticket for credit card and £1 per ticket for debit card transactions !!! WTF

I we are going to be charged then why not put the money to use and outsource cupfinal tickets sales to some ~UK~ call centre to deal with the sales.