Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Been in the celtic end at parkhead when we've been playing them and when we scored if never wanted to jump up and down more in my life, so I don't see how the tims could do it especially on cup final day

Exactly. Helicoper Sunday was a perfect example of what will happen to any Sellick fans who give the game away in the 'Well end of Hampden.

On that day, most 'Well fans were just at Fir Park for a regular league game we expected to lose and was pretty much meaningless to us, and yet Sellick fans were getting punched and kicked before being thrown out. My personal highlight was the one or two of them who celebrated up the back of the second white section at the south end of the East Stand when Chris Sutton scored, and disappeared below a load of bodies - with folk clambering over seats to get at them.

This is a cup final - everyone will be up for it, passions will be high, booze will have been consumed in large quantities - any Sellick fans sitting in the 'Well end will get an absolute pasting if they show their true colours. And quite rightly so.

I reckon that the ballot will become a bit problematic given that many registered will now have tickets from the ST sale and had entered the ballot as an insurance policy.

Will folk who have been sorted this week decline the tickets if they get the call?

Will the 'unlikely' public sale following the ballot turn out to be very likely indeed?

the club should allow anyone that has registered for the ballot the ability to withdraw their request if they have tickets now.... will save time and frustration

Potential minefield though. Given the ST sale is still on through the day tomorrow, that would then give the club a day to cross check the existing database of people registered for the ballot against a number of communications recevied to say that tickets have now been secured. What if a manual error led to someone being removed from the ballot that shouldn't have been?

I understand the sentiment behind your suggestion but in practice I don't see it panning out very well.

I note the bottom of the ST holders registeration form says that remaining tickets will be made available to people who have registered for the ballot week commencing Monday 9th of May 2011, this will be on a first come, first serve basis.

Interesting. Doesn't seem to tally with the "we will contact the successful applicants" line.

Just speculating, but if the number of tickets available roughly equates to the entries in the ballot, it could simply be an announcement through the various mediums to say tickets on sale Monday morning for those registered, first come, first served. Suppose it all hangs on availability after tomorrow.

Just speculating, but if the number of tickets available roughly equates to the entries in the ballot, it could simply be an announcement through the various mediums to say tickets on sale Monday morning for those registered, first come, first served. Suppose it all hangs on availability after tomorrow.

I reckon we'll be looking at the numbers in the ballot reflecting the tickets left over pretty much spot on to be honest. Reckon there'll be around 4,500 - 5,000 tickets left by ballot time, and I can't see there being more than that in the ballot.

That's our core home support - take away the 3,000+ ST holders, take away those who knew they were getting tickets through ST holders and didn't register for the vote, and then add those who don't usually go to games but decided to register. I reckon you'll be looking at around the same number as you started with.

I could see a handful of tickets leftover, plus some from folk who'd already managed to secure briefs for ST holders, on sale from the ticket office the week before the game.

Been in the celtic end at parkhead when we've been playing them and when we scored if never wanted to jump up and down more in my life, so I don't see how the tims could do it especially on cup final day

I've done that myself... thankfully it was 0-0 and i could just sit quietly in my seat for the duration and celebrate a draw as soon as I got outside with fellow fans.

Would not have been happy having to stand up and clap a celtic goal against us. Horrible afternoon of worry, won't be doing it again.

Sat in the home end at celtic park after getting some free ticketsvduring that 1-0 win over us this season. Wore my Well top but tucked it in to my jeans and covered it with a nutrual scarf and jacket wit the hopes of opening my jacket on the way out if we won (once I was close enough to some polis right enough, that way I'd have been protected and ensured a quicker exit from the ground), didn't happen of course.

Didn't react to their goal. However there was some bloke behind me who kept talking about how good Izaguirre was playing, but everytime he said his name it sounded like 'is he garry'.

"See that is he garry, hes been fucking brand new the night."

From that night on I've refered to Izaguirre as Garry, I think it suites him.

I've sat in the home end twice at Greyskull, and twice had Well goals to celebrate! The second time was a 2-1 defeat in April 1990 when Nick Cusack put us in front. Celebrated the goal but had to hide when they scored! The first time was November 1986, when Ray Farningham scored our 88th minute winner!!!

Regarding any tickets left after the ballot, I reckon the club should try to distribute them through the Supporters Association and to season ticket holders again, otherwise the public sale will be exclusively filled by Shellic fans. We want to avoid that at all costs.

By the same token don't want to have H*ns in our end attempting to derail what is our day out with their unique brand of bile

Some of them i'm sure would have no qualms about coming along and singing their tunes&displaying their flags,now their own club is being hammered for their behaviour

Only time I was in the main stand at parkheid was when wee Johnny Gaghan put us 1-0 up they equalised and at some point in the second haulf I stood up and shouted for the hordes of unwashed around me to hear "C'mon Motherwell intae this shite...".

To my great surprise I didney get ma heid kicked in.

And ohhh....when the Shimmy King Robert Russell slotted in an 89th minute winner I just stood up arms aloft...nuff said.

Did emdy get some automated email after signing up to be notified for tickets on general sale?

I didney and hoping it's because they didn't set it up to do that rather than my application being lost in claret n' amber cyberspace.

Did emdy get some automated email after signing up to be notified for tickets on general sale?

I didney and hoping it's because they didn't set it up to do that rather than my application being lost in claret n' amber cyberspace.

I emailed the club about this and their response was that an automated confirmation email had not been set up. Just got to trust it got through then!... smile.gif

Exactly. Helicoper Sunday was a perfect example of what will happen to any Sellick fans who give the game away in the 'Well end of Hampden.

On that day, most 'Well fans were just at Fir Park for a regular league game we expected to lose and was pretty much meaningless to us, and yet Sellick fans were getting punched and kicked before being thrown out. My personal highlight was the one or two of them who celebrated up the back of the second white section at the south end of the East Stand when Chris Sutton scored, and disappeared below a load of bodies - with folk clambering over seats to get at them.

My favourite from that day was a guy trying to draw the stewards attention to a Shellic fan beside him. He was told nothing could be done unless there was an incident. So the guy lamped him and said something "There's yer fuckin incident" Shellic fan ejected, job done. Unfortunately the guy got the jail tae.

:lol:

• Like 1

Only time I was in the main stand at parkheid was when wee Johnny Gaghan put us 1-0 up they equalised and at some point in the second haulf I stood up and shouted for the hordes of unwashed around me to hear "C'mon Motherwell intae this shite...".

To my great surprise I didney get ma heid kicked in.

And ohhh....when the Shimmy King Robert Russell slotted in an 89th minute winner I just stood up arms aloft...nuff said.

was that the 4-2 game with about 7000 there?