Cup Final Tickets

Taff

This thread has been full, from start to finish, of fans who clearly have tickets giving it ‘stop the pant wetting’, ‘its amusing to see you panicking over nothing, ‘we won’t sell 16,000’ and various other forms of self satisfied pish.

As a non-Shire based Well fan who hasn’t had a call despite being on the database and registering for the ballot within an hour of it going up, I can tell you it’s God awful not knowing at this stage whether I can go to cup final. We got about 16K for the CIS and I along with many others had to come on Well forums begging for a couple of spare tickets (thanks again Wellmade), having to answer questions on my family history, Well loyalty, and getting accused of being a secret bun in the process. It was a total scramble at the end. Since that was a lesser game against a team with a smaller support, on what possible basis can anyone be so damn sure that ‘every Well fan that wants a ticket will get one’?

I’ll be very surprised if there aren’t decent regularly attending fans left gutted – hope I’m not one of them but either way I’ll have a whole lot of sympathy for those that miss out to occasional supporters, grannys, T’s and H’s.

Not blaming the club for this by the way, a general sale would’ve been cheaper and easier for the ticket office, but would have guaranteed a larger proportion of infiltration.

dry.gif

I was contacted via email about tickets and had 24 hours to purchase them. Went to ticket office tonight to be told there were no Family section tickets left and it would cost £120 for 1 adult and 3 kids instead of 55. Not impressed, heard of 5 adults going into family Section with only 1 kid .

I was contacted via email about tickets and had 24 hours to purchase them. Went to ticket office tonight to be told there were no Family section tickets left and it would cost £120 for 1 adult and 3 kids instead of 55. Not impressed, heard of 5 adults going into family Section with only 1 kid .

I was told there were still family section tickets avalible but just odd seats here and there

There *may* be a few thousand more names in the ballot than tickets, but I'd bet a significant portion are fans who now have a ticket and won't be accepting the offer.

Even then, I'd question over subscription running into the thousands.

Agreed. I would imagine there will be alot of fans who have already managed to get tickets depite registering via the ballot. I requested two tickets but in the end managed to get tickets through my mum's friend who had a several spare season ticket vouchers.

I got a phone call, but declined the tickets as i was already sorted. So they are getting there with this time consuming and difficult job.

Being constructive, you would think they could have crossed checked the details on the form that season ticket holders had completed, when getting their upto four tickets, to see if any names matched those on the ballot request. Unless of course forms are sitting in a big cardboard box in the corner for processing in another year!

If I was a true Well fan without a ticket, or I lived miles away and was hoping to be drawn in the ballot, I'd either be down there myself "innocently" enquiring about the ballot today, or I'd be getting someone I know to go down for me to do same.

would people gee it a rest! Everyone will be fine, if you don't have a ticket yet and haven't put your name in the ballot you obviously don't want one! Yes there will be a few gers fans in but I doubt very very very much that it will stop anyone getting a ticket.

People booking flights and moaning about waiting til last minute just book your flight for gods sake, or would that mean you had nothing to moan about?

I don't think anyone is nervous who hasn't put their name in the ballot ffs, it's those who have who have supported Motherwell throughout their lifes that are moaning that h**s are getting phoned up before us.

...I'm guessing you flight comment was a dig at me for saying my sister is waiting to hear we have tickets before booking. Easy for you to say book now but she's a student outwith Scotland and is going to be parting with a significant amount of money for her to come support Motherwell as a Motherwell fan. If she isn't guarenteed a ticket then why should she book until she knows 100%.

I'm still fairly confident I'll get a call/email but it's a bit of a joke that this seems to be random when it was announced it'd be cross referenced. Not to mention those going to the stadium and getting tickets yesterday

I'm actually a bit surprised that there are still genuine 'Well fans on this forum who haven't gotten hold of a ticket somehow.

I guess I just gave the club too much credit with the ballot considering I went to Bucharest and had a season ticket last year etc

If I'd known h**s who have probably only been to Fir Park as an away fan would get contacted ahead of me I'd have been in the Scottish Cup sub forum asking to travel through and stand in the queue with a season ticket holder who wasn't using full allocation

If I'd known h**s who have probably only been to Fir Park as an away fan would get contacted ahead of me I'd have been in the Scottish Cup sub forum asking to travel through and stand in the queue with a season ticket holder who wasn't using full allocation

If it was me I'd probably have done that anyway, such was my intent to get hold of a ticket for the game.

Do you have access to the Scottish cup section now?

Yeah just posted now...getting too close for comfort :cheers:

I've probably came across as a moany c**t last few posts but I just can't imagine being at the final so I'm shittin it that's all

In the highly unlikely event that you don't get a ticket mate I know someone selling 1 ticket. So that will be half the problem solved, ( while stocks last anyway :lol: .)

Give me a shout anyway.

Why don't you just buy the single ticket for peace of mind? If you get tickets in the ballot and there is no general sale you will shift it on no bother.

That's what I would do anyway.

Was thinking about that yeah. Wouldn't be able to get through to Motherwell until tomorrow so I'll see if I get any contact today first. Fingers crossed.

Flow/Leeann get the club to phone Craig Russell :whistle:

Was thinking about that yeah. Wouldn't be able to get through to Motherwell until tomorrow so I'll see if I get any contact today first. Fingers crossed.

Flow/Leeann get the club to phone Craig Russell :whistle:

And get them to phone me as well !!!! I'm starting to crap it now. It's my kids first season going to games and would be devastated if we miss this.