Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Long time reader, first time poster... just thought i'd say, my old man just phoned up the ticket office to check if he was on the ballot and subsequently got the tickets offered over the phone and told he could pick em up when he could manage. I'd suggest folk who are worried do the same. Seems like its been a bit of an administrative nightmare, but at least theres seems to be some compassion and common-sense on the 'ol ticket office phoneline.

If true - and I've no reason at all to doubt you - it just shows what a total farce this so-called ballot has been. The Club won't welcome being inundated now with phone calls but they have brought this situation upon themselves.

• Like 2

Done the same this morning, but never got any tickets or told if my details were in the ballot.

Must be the 'angel of firpark' thhat Clamber91 was on about.

Tbf, i've still to pick up the bloody tickets, so shambles could still ensue (I wouldn't be surprised).

If true - and I've no reason at all to doubt you - it just shows what a total farce this so-called ballot has been. The Club won't welcome being inundated now with phone calls but they have brought this situation upon themselves.

Yeah i don't really understand the sense behind it. Either its just one extremely helpful member of staff whose dishing out tickets or the whole thing about there being too many in the ballot is nonsense... perhaps they've realised that some applied in the ballot and got em from ST holders, or that numerous family members/friends etc. have applied to up-the-chance of getting drawn.

I've heard that Osama Bin LAden entered the ballot and that's how the yanks found them.

Seriously, all these rumours about h**s and tims are just that, as has been said about every ticketed game in recent, living memory, any well fan who wants one, will get one.

I did the 'innocently passing by' enquiry this morning about 10.30am - place was dead and I was out with 4 tickets within 2 minutes. Wasn't willing to leave it to chance. I was asked for name and address and they had my ballot entry that I wanted 4 tickets.

They said it was murder trying to get a hold of people for the ballot and that was what the delay was, people at work etc etc. Their plan also has B7 allocated to us with a question mark on it, and my tickets are towards to front of B6. That would suggest to me they are filling the sections back to front and once B6 is gone there is all of B7 left.

I've heard that Osama Bin LAden entered the ballot and that's how the yanks found them.

Seriously, all these rumours about h**s and tims are just that, as has been said about every ticketed game in recent, living memory, any well fan who wants one, will get one.

:laugh:

I did the 'innocently passing by' enquiry this morning about 10.30am - place was dead and I was out with 4 tickets within 2 minutes. Wasn't willing to leave it to chance. I was asked for name and address and they had my ballot entry that I wanted 4 tickets.

They said it was murder trying to get a hold of people for the ballot and that was what the delay was, people at work etc etc. Their plan also has B7 allocated to us with a question mark on it, and my tickets are towards to front of B6. That would suggest to me they are filling the sections back to front and once B6 is gone there is all of B7 left.

They must be filling it from back to front as i got mine the other day and its for the back of b6 so that would mean there is still the full of b7 and b8 left

Well here's hoping that there are a lot of tickets left in those sections as i still haven't heard from anyone and there is now way i can get to Fir Park to chance my arm at the ticket office.

I did however get a lovely e-mail from them on Monday offering me the hospitality package in the Davie Cooper stand at £99 a ticket, but budget doesn't run to as mach as that.

Was at the last cup final and was hoping to get to this one too, but with time running out i seriously doubt i'll find a ticket now.

Now off to find all those competition in the hope that i might win a pair instead :)

On the subject of the scummery getting tickets for the final, Ive spoke to a few different Rangers fans i know who are claiming there going and have tickets....

I don't for a minute think there wont be enough to go around the M'well fans that want a ticket I just hate the though of sitting next to or near one of the great unwashed.

Yeh B6 is what we got today, cant understand the guy saying he tried the same thing...''A walk in'' and never got them..the girl just checked we were on the ballot list and offered!!!! hope he sorts himself out...and if any mhinging timposters are spying in on this...£28 a lot of money to get yer Mhanky face slapped!!!!

Well i'll be darned.....just got an e-mail to say that i have now been successful in the ballot and to call to arrange to book my tickets.

Hmm, is someone from the ticket office monitoring this thread perhaps?

Anyway looks like i'm sorted and i'll be there :D

Well i'll be darned.....just got an e-mail to say that i have now been successful in the ballot and to call to arrange to book my tickets.

If that is the case can they please call me, I only need 3 tickets. :nod:

I'm convinced I'm now the only 'well fan in the country that's not getting a ticket :angry:

My old man got e-mailed up here an hour ago,he`s getting my ticket sorted tomorrow. This shows the ballot is pot luck and has fuck all to do with cross referencing! I entered it 4 times, 1 with my name,address + email. 1 with my wifes name,her email + her mums address.1 with my mums name,email + address and 1 with my dads name,email + work address, the only 1 of the four with absolutely no connection to Motherwell FC is my old mans entry as the other 3 have had tickets bought against + posted to them,MFC shop items bought and sent to them and my email is registered to the MFC Website.

It says on the e-mail I can have 2 or 4 tickets,so if theres any Well fans up in this area without a ticket and looking for 1, let me know tonight and il sort something out.

Just got in to find a message on the phone saying I'd been successful in the ballot. Problem is, the message was for someone else.

Managed to trace the guy through the phone book and let his wife know, but a wee bit worrying how our details got mixed up.

Like a lot of people who entered the ballot I've been lucky enough to get tickets through a pal, but it does make me wonder what would now happen if I was patiently waiting for the club to contact me...

We need to cut the club some slack here folks. There are very few on here who know exactly what is going on and a lot is down to rumour and speculation. Right now I wouldn't want to be working in the club office. It'll be a thankless task.

Its not a big office and the staff will be dealing with invoices, wages, sponsors, tickets for this weekend's game, premises work, the press, bus companies, players, arranging meetings, players contract negotiations, SFA appeals in fact a whole host of administrative matters and oh................. cup final ticket distribution. The small staff will be trawling through thousands of applications as fast as they can. They'll be interrupted by personal callers and phone callers complaining that their pie wasn't hot enough at last night's game. Then there will be the abuse.

They'll be making phone call after phone call. Some applicants will be out and have no answering machine. Some applicant's lines will be constantly engaged because their wife/husband is on the phone to their relatives & friends. Some will have given wrong numbers. Thats the reality.

Yes, there will have been mistakes but not as many as is being made out here. No one's perfect. After all that I sincerely hope that every genuine Well fan gets a ticket. Its understandable that some of you are bricking it at the thought of missing out.

One more thing - once everything has settled down I'd like Leeann Dempster to come on this board and summarise for us the problems that she and her staff have faced in organising and administering the ballot. That'll redress the balance somewhat.

• Like 3

We need to cut the club some slack here folks. There are very few on here who know exactly what is going on and a lot is down to rumour and speculation. Right now I wouldn't want to be working in the club office. It'll be a thankless task.

Its not a big office and the staff will be dealing with invoices, wages, sponsors, tickets for this weekend's game, premises work, the press, bus companies, players, arranging meetings, players contract negotiations, SFA appeals in fact a whole host of administrative matters and oh................. cup final ticket distribution. The small staff will be trawling through thousands of applications as fast as they can. They'll be interrupted by personal callers and phone callers complaining that their pie wasn't hot enough at last night's game. Then there will be the abuse.

They'll be making phone call after phone call. Some applicants will be out and have no answering machine. Some applicant's lines will be constantly engaged because their wife/husband is on the phone to their relatives & friends. Some will have given wrong numbers. Thats the reality.

Yes, there will have been mistakes but not as many as is being made out here. No one's perfect. After all that I sincerely hope that every genuine Well fan gets a ticket. Its understandable that some of you are bricking it at the thought of missing out.

One more thing - once everything has settled down I'd like Leeann Dempster to come on this board and summarise for us the problems that she and her staff have faced in organising and administering the ballot. That'll redress the balance somewhat.

Great post Dave, agree 100%

I got the call to tell me I was successful in the ballot. This was after 6pm tonight, I called back and got my 6 tickets. I was told they have 5 staff working on this constantly (which is clear due to the time) and they think they are only about half way through. So all the people panicking, I wouldn't worry, even though I was one of those people 90 minutes ago.

On the plus side for those who haven't got them yet, that's three more ballot entries not needed.