Cup Final Tickets

Taff

My Father has received our tickets (B6) so I have cancelled my ballot success. That's two more tickets freed-up.

I have to admit, we are two of the fans who have technically 'crawled out the woodwork' for this game. Not because we are fair-weather fans but because my parents now live in Somerset and I live in West Yorkshire so getting up to Fir Park is currently pretty difficult.

However, my Father was born within a literal stone's throw of Fir Park and grew up supporting the Steelmen. I was born in Claret and Amber. My first ever football match was Celtic v Motherwell at Hampden in 1994. My Father's reply to the ballot email was: "I can now fulfil my promise to my son Ewan, made when I took him to his first ever match -- 'Well at Hampden in league 1994 against Celtic, 2-2, both ours from Tommy Coyne against his old club -- that next time 'Well got to the Cup Final I'd take him. I think that, age 23, he's now forgotten, but a promise is a promise." We have seen a few Well games in the years since that and my last trip up was for Phil O'Donnell's Tribute Match.

We haven't been to enough games over the years so I will make a promise, to all the Well fans pissed off by the fair-weather fans turning up for the Final, that my Father and I will make sure that we get up to a minimum of a game a season from now on. And the game we come to will be the one that fits best with our lives and not the most glamorous game. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but for us it is - for my Father it's a distance and time thing and for me it's a financial thing.

I hope that I won't be shunned on here because of this.

'Mon the Well.

Ewan

Its nothing to do with anyone on here pal. You clearly love the well and that's the main thing. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Not at all mate. You don't have to justify yourself to any "superfans" on here. I had to give up my season ticket a few years back down to working every other weekend and haven't been to as many games as I'd have liked cos of that.

My Father has received our tickets (B6) so I have cancelled my ballot success. That's two more tickets freed-up.

I have to admit, we are two of the fans who have technically 'crawled out the woodwork' for this game. Not because we are fair-weather fans but because my parents now live in Somerset and I live in West Yorkshire so getting up to Fir Park is currently pretty difficult.

However, my Father was born within a literal stone's throw of Fir Park and grew up supporting the Steelmen. I was born in Claret and Amber. My first ever football match was Celtic v Motherwell at Hampden in 1994. My Father's reply to the ballot email was: "I can now fulfil my promise to my son Ewan, made when I took him to his first ever match -- 'Well at Hampden in league 1994 against Celtic, 2-2, both ours from Tommy Coyne against his old club -- that next time 'Well got to the Cup Final I'd take him. I think that, age 23, he's now forgotten, but a promise is a promise." We have seen a few Well games in the years since that and my last trip up was for Phil O'Donnell's Tribute Match.

We haven't been to enough games over the years so I will make a promise, to all the Well fans pissed off by the fair-weather fans turning up for the Final, that my Father and I will make sure that we get up to a minimum of a game a season from now on. And the game we come to will be the one that fits best with our lives and not the most glamorous game. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but for us it is - for my Father it's a distance and time thing and for me it's a financial thing.

I hope that I won't be shunned on here because of this.

'Mon the Well.

Ewan

You don't need to apologise to anyone on here mate.

Well done getting tickets.

My brother just contacted the club regarding the lack of contact re the ballot....

Turns out he was number 40 on the ballot and the club tried to contact him on monday. Because they never got him, they highlighted him as unable to contact and left it at that. He said the club wouldn't contact him again and it was good that he called in to get an update. Apparantly, all tickets are being held on the ballot until Monday, after that they go to general sale....

WOULD ENCOURAGE ANYONE WAITING FOR WORD TO CONTACT THE CLUB ASAP TO SEE IF THEY HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO CONTACT YOU!!

Panic mode over....Moan the 'Well!!!

YYYAAAAAA FUUUUCKKKING BEAUTY!!!!!

Just got email and phoned straight away, that's them paid for and getting sent out!

Sorry for me being a moany git...off to get pished now :drinks:

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear

EDIT: email said this....possible we'll be getting more?

Please note at this time the ONLY adult tickets available are £28 West Stand, there are a limited number of family tickets available also. There may be a further release of limited £35ticket early next week however this cannot be guaranteed.

YYYAAAAAA FUUUUCKKKING BEAUTY!!!!!

Just got email and phoned straight away, that's them paid for and getting sent out!

Sorry for me being a moany git...off to get pished now :drinks:

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear

EDIT: email said this....possible we'll be getting more?

Please note at this time the ONLY adult tickets available are £28 West Stand, there are a limited number of family tickets available also. There may be a further release of limited £35ticket early next week however this cannot be guaranteed.

I got told to phone back on Monday to pay for them.

Still, fuck it, at least I've got them.

Now nervous as fuck about the game cheers.gif

I got told to phone back on Monday to pay for them.

Still, fuck it, at least I've got them.

Now nervous as fuck about the game cheers.gif

Pickin up two for ma wee cousins after ma name came oot in the ballot. tried phoning but as expected it wrang oot!

I'll phone them the mora

Can I take back everything I've said today ?whistling.gif

Just got my email. thumbup.gif

Fuckin' Braw mate. I felt kinda bad earlier when you said said you were struggling, especially since your up North and I knocked two tickets back.

Chuffed for you and everyone else that's starting to hear word through.

:drinks:

Fuckin' Braw mate. I felt kinda bad earlier when you said said you were struggling, especially since your up North and I knocked two tickets back.

Chuffed for you and everyone else that's starting to hear word through.

:drinks:

Thanks mate. Your consideration is appreciated. drinks.gif

When I called to pay (10 secs after the email came in), the bloke who answered told me they weren't finished yet (despite me being told that all emails would be out by today) so if anyone hasn't got the mails yet, there is still time. They also said there may be more tickets released, but at £35 a pop. I sincerely hope that no 'well fan misses out on this.

For a lot of people this will be a first (but for the old c***s like me it's a second) Scottish Cup Final, so want to see EVERY 'Well fan who wants to be there get a ticket. yahoo.gif

My brother just contacted the club regarding the lack of contact re the ballot....

Turns out he was number 40 on the ballot and the club tried to contact him on monday. Because they never got him, they highlighted him as unable to contact and left it at that.

Glad you've got your ticket but there will be a fair few fans in the same boat. I suppose the club has so many entrants to contact they can't afford the time to keep ringing the same person. As sure as fate if email is also being used some fans will have email problems without knowing it.

Unfortunate though for those with no phone or email and yes there will be some in that category.

Thanks for all your words in reply to my post.

Where are all the newest tickets being allocated? Those of you who have also just got tickets - is it mainly blocks B6 and B7 that you will be in?

Ewan

Edited by Ewan87