Hearts Vs Motherwell 23/4/11

steelboy

it looks like it'll be another sunny day out at one of our favourite venues this saturday. after matching them on our last visit with a seriously weakened team i think we can be confident of going through and getting a result. everyone is already focussed on the cup final but we still have a wee outside chance of finishing 4th and not having to worry about last day moral dilemmas.

if we can beat the jambos this weekend and killie beat dundee united then the battle for 4th will be well and truly on and dundee united will teetering on the verge of a huge collapse. bearing that in mind i expect us to go for it this saturday, we're in a no lose situation in the spl now and tails will be up after the semi performance so i think we'll see a positive attacking performance.

getting the balance right between resting players and keeping them sharp as well as giving some playing time to youngsters will be very difficult for mccall. this weekend i don't think he'll worry about that too much as we're still a month away from the big day and i think he will attempt to build on the confidence gained last weekend with another win. i think the only change we'll see is jeffers dropping out as he's apparently got a muscle problem in his leg.

randolph

hateley craigan hutchinson hammell

humphrey lasley jennings murphy

mchugh sutton

• Like 1

Would love to beat this mob in Edinburgh after being quite unlucky not to last time. Should go with a strong first 11 and try to blow them away early like st johnstone. Not too bothered about league position but would be nice to get a few wins in the top 6.

Hate to say it though, but our bubble has to burst soon surely? Or is this just what having a good team in good form is?

3-2 Well, lets not ignore a number of fringe players will be making a strong case to get in the Cup Final squad (only 4 outfield subs mind) and consequently the starting lineup. Games like this are one of 5 chances a number of them will get.

Due to recent visits to John Porteous I see, Lasley, Humphrey, Saunders and Jeffers all rested.

Space for Forbes, McHugh and Ross all to get starts (with Hateley pushing into midfield)

I can see Page, Meechan and Gunning possibly Saunders (if fit) being involved from the bench.

Casagolda selling melons and sunglasses in the stand. B-)

2-0 Well. Hearts season is over as they have 3rd place wrapped up so their eye will be off the ball. We want to get 5th place which is realistic and maybe even sneak up on Dundee Utd, but thats a long shot. We will have more fight and more to play for. Oh and on our game are the better side.

Hearts have well and truly gone off the boil and will be cursing to the end of the season, we should take the game to them and take all 3 point

then only thing I'm worried about it the heart plays deciding to kick lumps out of our players

You should be playing First Division, maybe even second division football just now anyway. You have Falkirk to thank for that one :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

You lot should be playing Champions League football by now should you not?

Competing for the trophy in 3 years, was that not what Vlad said?

:rolleyes:

You lot should be playing Champions League football by now should you not?

Competing for the trophy in 3 years, was that not what Vlad said?

Remember the time it was in their hands on the last day of the season @ Dens?

Remember the time they were clear out in front and they sacked Burley?

Remember the time they signed Kevin Kyle?

Fuckin Comedy Gold that team

You should be playing First Division, maybe even second division football just now anyway. You have Falkirk to thank for that one :thumbup:

You're boring. Stop being boring.

Remember the time it was in their hands on the last day of the season @ Dens?

Remember the time they were clear out in front and they sacked Burley?

Remember the time they signed Kevin Kyle?

Fuckin Comedy Gold that team

At least we have been to the last day AND gone all the way more than your wee team :)

Burley? Who cares.

Kevin Kyle? Aye, was part of the team that took 31 points out of 33. When was the last time Munterwell did that? Or have they ever?

Case closed, but dont feel bad, your mother will still have you between her legs tonight :thumbup::drinks::yahoo: