Your Pre-Cup Final Plans

Rory Bellows

22 of us booked into the Church on the Hill pub from 11:30 onwards.

Is the nearest train station Mount Florida?

Aye mate, just get off onto battlefield road then its a stright walk up by the Vicky to the top of the hill. I take it if you've booked you will be eating, the scran in there is usually pretty good and reasonably priced.

Aye mate, just get off onto battlefield road then its a stright walk up by the Vicky to the top of the hill. I take it if you've booked you will be eating, the scran in there is usually pretty good and reasonably priced.

Well not too sure about being booked for food,

the boy on the phone said he would keep places for us.

Food is probably a good idea though, as without it could get messy. Plus we've got a couple of weans with us.

Cheers.

flags oot the windaes friday night,pick up people from Carluke, cleland and M'Well early sat morn. back to the mighty Netherton for Rolls on square sausage and a small refreshment :cheers: might head up the Cherry before the game,will wait and see. If yer passing the house join in the singing,yae might even get a beer :drinks:

In some respects, it will be a normal Saturday for me. A month ago there was a chance that I would have been in the Warrington office w/c 16th in which case I would have hired a car and driven up; a few weeks ago likely I would have been onsite in Tianjin which would have meant a fast train to Beijing to catch the game in a pub there. However, almost certain I'll be in Shanghai now.

Game kicks off 2200 local, which is ideal. No chance of any Scottish 'delicacies' a la square sausage etc. Must make mental note to buy a good malt for the day. Despite the fact that this place is ex-pat central, I've yet to meet a Sellic fan here. (I was in Hong Kong at the time of the 2007 DUFC/RFC CIS Final and the atmosphere was superb in the bar. Hvns, very lucky to win, IMHO (big Mark Kerr mistake), bought everyone in the bar a Jaegermeister afterwards, including the one Arab fan and the one neutral (me). I would expect the Tims to be similar here, if there are any; maybe they are all still in Sevilla.....!)

Probably watch the game in either the Park Tavern or Bulldog Pub. In a city that spans 90 kms, both within a 20 minute walk or a 30 pence metro trip. As I mentioned on another thread, I just don't have the bandwidth to risk watching online. (Well, maybe I do, though the authorities severely restrict access as Andy Harrow also points out).

As others have mentioned, cannot underestimate the achievement in reaching the final. Strangely, I think playing Sellic away next Sunday may help us.

In any case, I hope everyone enjoys the day from start to finish. Think I may be the only 'Well fan in a city of 19-23 million. (If not, please PM me!) Ho Ch Min City, merely 8 million has double this.....

Enjoy!

SD

• Like 1

6.30 am train from Manchester Piccadilly on Friday morning gets me into Motherwell before 11, belt across to Chapmans for some well fired rolls, a couple of pound of sliced sausage, and some white pudding. Taxi to daughters in Netherton and a few that night in the Cherry. Up early Saturday morning big fry up to line the stomach, swatch at the papers and telly to gee myself up a wee bit then on my way rejoicing.

Night before when I get in from work I'll play LA Noir, end up no being able to sleep so will just play away at said new game all night.

The morning of the game pub for 11am, drinks and hot filled rolls.

On the bus at 1.15pm, leaving from Carluke with our cargo.

Wee bit o' singing, plenty good banter, laughing at silly jokes to distract us all from our nerves for what lies ahead.

• Like 1

In any case, I hope everyone enjoys the day from start to finish. Think I may be the only 'Well fan in a city of 19-23 million. (If not, please PM me!) Ho Ch Min City, merely 8 million has double this.....

Enjoy!

SD

Stop procrastinating now, plenty of flights out of Pudong to HCMC, get your arse over here. no excuses!!!

Oh Aye, plan for the day god knows, but at a 9pm kick off, should be wrecked by the time of the kick off.

Oh Aye, plan for the day god knows, but at a 9pm kick off, should be wrecked by the time of the kick off.

Won't most Well fans be the same way regardless of the time differential?!

Weekend plans - father picking me up from work around 2.30 on Friday and heading straight up. Hopefully reach hotel in Hamilton for around half six. If we get there in enough time then will head over to the Supporters' Club shindig but if not then perhaps drinks elsewhere or visit family in Larkhall. Saturday morning - breakfast and then heading out to FP fairly early. Father wants to visit a few of the old places he used to drink in back in the 70s and is hoping to meet up with a few old cricket pals. Then train out to Mount Florida for some reason or other. Probably be there for two or three hours before heading back into Glasgow for more drinks and curry.

Ewan

Start on friday, order chinese meal, Steelman1991 coming to mine to stay, neighbour coming in, relations also coming, few ciders and then a singsong, got to get our voices ready for hampden. Saturday, rolls on bacon, 15 of us down to the cooper for opening time, and more singing, what more can we ask for apart from a 'well victory.:cheers: Super 'well :yahoo:

:drinks::cheers::drinks::popcorn::cheers::drinks::cheers: - need I say more. Cannae wait mate.

Have taken Friday and Monday off work. Going for a round of golf and a beer on Friday. Played Golf the Friday before the final in 91.

10 of us meeting on the Saturday morning at mine then heading to Jack D's for opening time. A few little refreshments, not much of course as i want to be sober for the game. Then heading on the bus into Hampden.

Have taken Friday and Monday off work. Going for a round of golf and a beer on Friday. Played Golf the Friday before the final in 91.

10 of us meeting on the Saturday morning at mine then heading to Jack D's for opening time. A few little refreshments, not much of course as i want to be sober for the game. Then heading on the bus into Hampden.

Random question: Does anyone have their driving test on Monday 23rd?

I had mine on the Monday after the 1991 Cup Final; passed first time as I had my 'lucky' Motherwell scarf with me....

Well, maybe not..... My dad and both brothers passed first time whilst my mother never drove and my sister passed after x attempts and only on automatics.

Let's avoid any gender stereotypes; definitely the lucky scarf that got me my licence.....!

As for HCMC, Andy, boss is supportive, and I am tempted.....but visa may scupper me. If I had visa, I would book fights now; independent of whether Derek and Aldo are in town and independent of whether Bar 55 on Pasteur shows the game, (Not seen so many pretty bar waitresses in the same place in my life.....)

At the moment, I'll suffer at the Park Tavern with former Oscars Tiger Girl Linda who has now defected brands and to pubs She's the most charming and beautiful girl from Hefei (a place I visit frequently), and also good at pool. Not nice missing such a big game, though things could be worse.

If Andy can guarantee me a visa, then plans can change, as is the case all across Asia. :cheers:

PM me if so.....

SD

As for HCMC, Andy, boss is supportive, and I am tempted.....but visa may scupper me. If I had visa, I would book fights now; independent of whether Derek and Aldo are in town and independent of whether Bar 55 on Pasteur shows the game, (Not seen so many pretty bar waitresses in the same place in my life.....)

If Andy can guarantee me a visa, then plans can change, as is the case all across Asia.   p>

Off on the Friday so should be able to get windows etc decorated with flags, streamers etc, 11 mates all coming to mine

early doors on Saturday morning for a swally ,1991 cup final dvd , sing song and a few pies/rolls and sausage etc before leaving for the buses. :drinks:

Cannae wait, soooooo eexxcciitteed :yahoo:

Driving up from Lincoln on the Friday afternoon.

Got 2 car flags and a load of claret and amber ribbons to decorate the car with.

Big flag for the rear parcel shelf and a big sticker for the rear window.

Will bring back memories from the drive up in 1991. We passed so many Well fans then and i'm hoping to pass loads on the way up next Friday. :thumbup:

PS My dad and brother are travelling up on the Saturday morning with their car (Audi A6) decked out in claret and amber.

Look out for the best registration plate in the world S5 MFC :thumbup:

Was wondering, what to do in the morning of the Final.

We are getting the bus at Holytown and Idn't want to have a party in my house then taxis.

The tap shop in Holytown (Crown Bar) is now having a party from 11.

Doesn't usually allow kiddies in but is letting them in the pool room, so that the troops can have a few medicinal bevvies.

Everybody who is travelling on that bus should head for the tap shop, lets have a party.

Next stop for the bus will be Church on the Hill.

Is it only 6 sleeps??????????????????

:drinks::cheers::drinks::cheers::drinks::cheers::thumbup:

P.S. I was dancing with Keith Lasley's wife last night. :thumbup:

Driving up from Lincoln on the Friday afternoon.

Got 2 car flags and a load of claret and amber ribbons to decorate the car with.

Big flag for the rear parcel shelf and a big sticker for the rear window.

Will bring back memories from the drive up in 1991. We passed so many Well fans then and i'm hoping to pass loads on the way up next Friday. :thumbup:

PS My dad and brother are travelling up on the Saturday morning with their car (Audi A6) decked out in claret and amber.

Look out for the best registration plate in the world S5 MFC :thumbup:

We'll look out for you, black insignia, driving up M5/M6 from Sth Wales with pick up at Crewe. Well scarves on rear parcel shelf.

Thats me started, have put up my 'well flags outside my house, will be picking up claret and amber bunting on monday, will have up by monday night!! :woop: super 'well

where abouts in netherton are u gaz.