Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

David

Well that was dreadful and what really picks my scabs after that was the amount of those chunts walking home from the game. I've never been so angry after a game all season.

onto the stewards lot of different faces today and being billy big balls just because you have a yellow jacket and tattoos does not make you god

The fox in the box was more like The Weasel in Wetsand today, thought he had a poor performance culminating in the bad miss with the one on one with McGregor.

Tactically with the line up and formation today McCall got it completely and utterly wrong. Gave them do much time and space in Midfield and let then dominate the game.

I really don't want to also use the ref as an excuse but my god he was completely and utterly diabolical, that bad I'm actually starting to buy into the Celtic/Lennon pro Rangers conspiracy. They get so many decisions it's utterly frightening. Refs in Scotland have no bollocks.

This has completely fucked up my weekend as I am meant to be spending time with the in-laws but there is a flying fucks chance of that as they are a bunch of bigoted armchair h**s.

I really don't want to also use the ref as an excuse but my god he was completely and utterly diabolical, that bad I'm actually starting to buy into the Celtic/Lennon pro Rangers conspiracy. They get so many decisions it's utterly frightening. Refs in Scotland have no bollocks.

And where does the goal that Jelavic scored from the free kick that was given offside even though he was level fit into that theory?

pretty much everything they hit went in today and the ref...... well the same old story baffling decisions to say the least. I think many are overreacting there was never 5 goals in that game.

Fucking sick of the sight of the current buns and their vermin fans

Why was Humphrey not playing? Was he injured? If so then why was he on the bench? And why did the team look so lacklustre, under motivated and under prepared? Answers on a postcard Mr McCall. YOU are the manager, it is your job to get the team up for every game they play.

club twitter feed says he is injured and was not on the bench afterall was pulled from the squad in the pre match warm up and replaced by Jamie Pollok

And where does the goal that Jelavic scored from the free kick that was given offside even though he was level fit into that theory?

two of them were clearly offside when the ball was delivered so nothing wrong with that decision, it was offside and no goal, not that backing a conspiracy theory

pretty much everything they hit went in today and the ref...... well the same old story baffling decisions to say the least. I think many are overreacting there was never 5 goals in that game.

Fucking sick of the sight of the current buns and their vermin fans

Oh yes there were, and more. If anything that scoreline flatteres us and not them. What about Jelavic hitting the bar? What about him scoring a goal that was disallowed(wrongly from where I was standing), What about Naismith firing wide when clean through, twice if I remember rightly?

Rangers were far from brilliant but they didn't have to be and didn't even get out of second gear. They absolutely strolled through that second half and were well worth their 5-0 winning margin and we are lucky that is all it was.

Should never have been down at half time, ref was diabolical. Should have made more of our chances when we had them though, instead we came back out second half and capitulated. Fucking gutless and embarrassing.

They weren't even that good, the 2 naismith goals came when we'd stopped giving a fuck but make it look like they played great. They didn't, they got a hand off the ref and we let them walk all over us. Total shite.

Based on second half performance last week Ross deserved a place but he was dire in distribution today. Dropping hutch was madness, last time craigan and gunning played together was when we shipped 6 at ibrox. Last time hutch and gunning played together we horsed the Tims at fir park.

In the midfield I wouldn't have dropped hately either, even for Jennings. A 3 man midfield would have been so much better, especially in this type of game where slowing down their attacks in the middle of the park is a must. Jones showed flashes similar to last week but shouldve been hooked sooner to save his blushes.

Up front, can't bemoan the selection, we've played a different combination every game this year against the h**s, without much luck. Made sense to stick with the 3 that have done the business in recent weeks. It just didn't come off at all.

All in all an embarrassing scoreline to match an embarrassing performance.

I was having a good morning till that shite, walked into town picked up my parcel from PSL at the sorting office, a Motherwell top for the Cup Final, got home put it on and sat down to watch the match. Now seriously considering not wearing the top to the final.

And the point in that being??? ok so we had a bad day at the office but what has that got to do with wearing or not wearing the new top to the Cup Final??:doh:

First half give or take there wasn't much in it - one long ball up that Gunning lost in the sun and we'd have been at half time level. Craigan made an arse of the second goal and from then on our heads dropped and they could have had as many as they liked. See if that had happened a week ago I could have understood it but this was the same bunch that were 3-0 down last week and nicked a point so its not as if there is no precendent.

I said on the way up to the ground from JDs today that I was concerned that we'd gone with a four instead of a five in midfield as the reason we'd beaten Celtic was that we outnumbered them in the middle channel and today we sacrificed that. Then you throw in that Jennings and Lasley looked a bit jaded today and Jennings looked heavy!

I thought the referee looked really nervous at the start today. Its a huge game for him, and one which he has earned from what I have seen of him this season, being involved in the title race and he seemed to spend most of the first waving advantages one way or tuther that probably weren't fouls but done to abate a baying crowd. And I think to be fair to him once it went 2-0 he settled down and went on to a real good game. Should he have booked Lafferty for tapping the ball in? Yes he probably should have. But when he refereed our games with Killie, Hearts and Inverness early on in the season I liked him because he didn't go in for booking people all the time for petty little things. So I think it would be hypocritical of me to lambast him this time (though I did at the time!)

Not going to be too critical of the team today - yes they were ganting but they have given us a great wee run to get us into the top six and a cup final. I think they did try hard but I think when McCall looks back he got the midfield wrong, limited our supply and it was coupled with a day our defence just didn't play.

Results like this happen every now & then, and don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

We've got Dundee United away next, whilst Killie face Celtic, so I fully expect them to take nothing from the game, whilst we could realistically hope for a point at least.

That would see us two points behind Killie by the time we meet at Fir Park. A win there sees us leapfrog them into 5th.

Last game of the season sees us more than likely lose to Celtic, whilst Killie will likely lose to Rangers.

5th place cemented :thumbup:

mccall needs to take a look at himself after that. the first half was fine but rangers chnaged their tactics after time and rode us for the full 2nd 45. our problem against them is that we can't pick up their runs from deep and with only two real midfielders on the park they killed us with papac, naismith, davis and whittaker running from deep.

we needed to shut up shop why the hell did we take off lasley rather than jones. they were raping us in the middle of the park but jones who didn't track back once during the 2nd stayed on. you can't play against the old firm with 10 men and that's what we were doing second half. jones might think he can prolong his career by only running when his side have got the ball but it better not be at fir park.

the only positive to take from today is that the 11 for the final is settled.

Quite relaxed about the scoreline today although that doesn't mean I liked it. For many players the Cup Final will be one of the biggest games of their careers and their minds were clearly on that. This was no day to pick up injuries, particualrly in a meaningless game competition wise. Our play was characterised by bottling out of challenges and a desire not to get involved. Quite understandable and if I'd been a player I'd have done exactly the same.

If we had a fault its that Stuart McCall didn't give some fringe players like Page, McHugh and Forbes a starting slot. They would have had a point to prove. The ref did is no favours and gifted Rangers 2 goals including the first. He booked Jeffers but failed to book Bougherra for 2 similar offences. Should Lafferty have gone? Yes - if not for a straight red then for 2 yellows.

The players won't be too upset and neither should we be. We've all bigger fish to fry.

Bougherra is a complete arse. He accused Jeffers of diving right in front of the Ref, something which I understand is supposed to be a yellow card as it's a clear attempt to get a fellow pro booked. Then Jelavic went theatrically down under his nose and play was waved on. We didn't help ourselves by being third to everything during the second-half today, but with a tosser like that in the middle what chance do you have.

I thought the attendance was poor today, After all the effort the players have put in recently it was poor to see huge gaps in all three stands.

blame espn, 12 o'clock kick offs are fucking shite for fans

mccall needs to take a look at himself after that. the first half was fine but rangers chnaged their tactics after time and rode us for the full 2nd 45. our problem against them is that we can't pick up their runs from deep and with only two real midfielders on the park they killed us with papac, naismith, davis and whittaker running from deep.

we needed to shut up shop why the hell did we take off lasley rather than jones. they were raping us in the middle of the park but jones who didn't track back once during the 2nd stayed on. you can't play against the old firm with 10 men and that's what we were doing second half. jones might think he can prolong his career by only running when his side have got the ball but it better not be at fir park.

the only positive to take from today is that the 11 for the final is settled.

what is with the jones bashing? he didnt have his best game but players dont perform well in every game, were you not at tynecastle last week because if you were you would know that jones was one of our best players that day?

Bougherra is a complete arse. He accused Jeffers of diving right in front of the Ref, something which I understand is supposed to be a yellow card as it's a clear attempt to get a fellow pro booked. Then Jelavic went theatrically down under his nose and play was waved on. We didn't help ourselves by being third to everything during the second-half today, but with a tosser like that in the middle what chance do you have.

aye bougherra is a big fat diving bastard. see when jeffers touched him and he just dived on the ground despite bein about twice the bloddy size of franny. I see him diving about, hassling refs in every game i see him play in and the quicker he leaves scottish football the better

We simply weren't interested today fans and players alike in fact we should've just come out the 2nd half with bermuda shorts and straw hats on. :laugh: . Im sure Stuart Mac will kick ass over this and remind them that cup final places are up for grabs as is 5th spot so the season is FAR from over. I hope the players are angry and embarressed with that 2nd half showing. :angry:

what is with the jones bashing? he didnt have his best game but players dont perform well in every game, were you not at tynecastle last week because if you were you would know that jones was one of our best players that day?

i was at tynecastle.

the guy cheats. when we have the ball he is bright eyed and bushy tailed but when we lose it he does fuck all to get back and help his full back. i sit in the 2nd last section of the east 25 yards from goal and i don't think he came level with me once in the 2nd half. the guy has a few decent bits of skill but today he showed no desire to help us defend when we were taking a beating. so he can go and fuck himself.

Well if the Celtic fans had reason to suspect that Motherwell lie down to Rangers then they have better reason this evening.

That performance was inexplicable today. A couple of really strange performances for me.

Jeffers. To put in a performance like that and then shake hands with the Rangers management team on his exit. Why oes he ever think that's ok?

Gunning. Took the huff when moved to left back and did not raise himself from a walk in the last half hour. I counted eight times in the last 15 mins when he let Naismith run past him without even pretending to track him.

Why was Hutchison not playing from the start? Why are some on here relatively relaxed about a 5-0 humiliation at home?

More questions than answers. Have to take things in context I suppose but there are a few concerns. Lost 3 to Killie, 3 to Inverness, 3 to Hearts, 5 to Rangers today.

I am not a fan of Craigan but at least he showed some sense of concern and emotion today.

In the grand scheme of things the season is still a good one but I feel gutted this eve.

Pleased to see however that the Rangers fans took heed of Smith's wise words about the Sectarian chanting.:whistling: