Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

David

Well if the Celtic fans had reason to suspect that Motherwell lie down to Rangers then they have better reason this evening.

That performance was inexplicable today. A couple of really strange performances for me.

Jeffers. To put in a performance like that and then shake hands with the Rangers management team on his exit. Why oes he ever think that's ok?

Gunning. Took the huff when moved to left back and did not raise himself from a walk in the last half hour. I counted eight times in the last 15 mins when he let Naismith run past him without even pretending to track him.

Why was Hutchison not playing from the start? Why are some on here relatively relaxed about a 5-0 humiliation at home?

More questions than answers. Have to take things in context I suppose but there are a few concerns. Lost 3 to Killie, 3 to Inverness, 3 to Hearts, 5 to Rangers today.

I am not a fan of Craigan but at least he showed some sense of concern and emotion today.

In the grand scheme of things the season is still a good one but I feel gutted this eve.

Pleased to see however that the Rangers fans took heed of Smith's wise words about the Sectarian chanting.:whistling:

Why does any Motherwell fan give a flying fuck what the Celtic fans think about anything? They think everybody is against them in their own, deluded wee world so who cares what they have reason to suspect or not suspect? Fuck them, we have more important things to concern ourselves with than those mongrels.

And our fans have no place to comment on what anyone sings when some of our own are singing "Glasgow Rangers watch the stairs" and "66 was not enough". :whistling:

Quite relaxed about the scoreline today although that doesn't mean I liked it. For many players the Cup Final will be one of the biggest games of their careers and their minds were clearly on that. This was no day to pick up injuries, particualrly in a meaningless game competition wise. Our play was characterised by bottling out of challenges and a desire not to get involved. Quite understandable and if I'd been a player I'd have done exactly the same.

If we had a fault its that Stuart McCall didn't give some fringe players like Page, McHugh and Forbes a starting slot. The would have had a point to prove. The ref did is no favours and gifted Rangers 2 goals including the first. He booked Jeffers but failed to book Bougherra for 2 similar offences. Should Lafferty have gone? Yes - if not for a straight red then for 2 yellows.

The players won't be too upset and neither should we be. We've all bigger fish to fry.

Well said this man, as dire as 2nd half was.

i was at tynecastle.

the guy cheats. when we have the ball he is bright eyed and bushy tailed but when we lose it he does fuck all to get back and help his full back. i sit in the 2nd last section of the east 25 yards from goal and i don't think he came level with me once in the 2nd half. the guy has a few decent bits of skill but today he showed no desire to help us defend when we were taking a beating. so he can go and fuck himself.

what?:lol: the mans a winger, how many wingers come back to defend...not many is what i think your answer will be

Right aside from getting humped by that Shiite today and the manner in which we did it there are a couple of things that got on my tits today.

Why did the Rangers team get announced first ?

Their fans were on there feet and doing the bouncy Shiite throughout the game and it went unchecked .

A wee prick of a steward tried to get me to stop shouting at the Lino today actually threatening to chuck me out, I pointed out to him that I had not breached any of the rules as set down in the clubs unacceptable behaviour policy.

When leaving the ground some wee jumped up prick of a steward told us to walk on the pavement , my mate pointed out to him that we were crossing the road and his response was "Well hurry up about it " , I promptly told him to fuck off and he wasnae too chuffed.

Did anyone else notice how quiet they were today because they canny sing the usual songs all that was left was Rule Brittania God Save the Queen and If you Hate Neil Lennon..., although down where the buses were parked a group of them were singing the sash and typically Strathclydes finest were conspicuous in their absence.

It seemed as if both on and off the pitch today we did everything possible to accommodate the H U N s

Not to mention how many of them are able to walk home from our ground glory hunting bigot bastards

Rant over , feel better for that

Edited by East_Stand_Al

Quite relaxed about the scoreline today although that doesn't mean I liked it.

The players won't be too upset and neither should we be. We've all bigger fish to fry.

Can't even begin to understand that mentality I'm afraid. A 5-0 horsing at home should leave the players upset any day of the week and that any Well fan can be relaxed about their team capitulating like that is an emotion that I can't relate to.

You may be right about the players not being to upset but if you are it explains to me why the Rangers players play for Rangers and the Motherwell players play for Motherwell. I would like to think however that the Well players will be totally gutted tonight.

well sorry for not looking at the date of your post but an old thread was dragged up on P&B and we all know you cant resist a wee snidey comment about mccall :rolleyes:

I've stated my opinion on McCall from day one nothing snidey about that.

What is snidey is picking up someone's comments from weeks ago on another board and bringing them on here to ridicule them

Pathetic.

I suspected that we would get a right doing today. I found the optimism among some people a bit baffling and thought it would be a tremendous result if we somehow grabbed a draw. The fact that players don't want to get injured at this point in the season was the major contributing factor I thought, both Lasley and Jennings didn't snap into the challenges like they usually would have, meaning that, in the second half particularly, we were totally dominated in the midfield. I do agree that Jones had a bit of a shocker today but so did most of the team.

Probably shouldn't have been quite as angry at the end as it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of this season, it's just that most of my mates support 'them' and I'm starting to run out of energy having to listen to their pish.

And the point in that being??? ok so we had a bad day at the office but what has that got to do with wearing or not wearing the new top to the Cup Final??:doh:

I'm superstitious that way, I very rarely wear colours when we are on TV because when I do we invariably lose heavily. I was just delighted with the top and decided to put it on right away and I'm now wondering if I've jinxed that shirt.

If it was Motherwell sorting office and you went back home to sit down and watch it on your sofa then away and bile yer heed.

If it was Motherwell sorting office i would have hardly needed to get it posted out would I, I could have walked up and bought it.

I live in Manchester okay, seems like you've no just had your head boiled but your brain deep fried as well.

Shite patter, watched it in a pub in Leith before going to work, we were howling.

Still don't really care though, just delighted we don't have to play them anymore this season.

you don't have a clue.

:thumbup:

I've stated my opinion on McCall from day one nothing snidey about that.

What is snidey is picking up someone's comments from weeks ago on another board and bringing them on here to ridicule them

Pathetic.

calm the fuck down ya clown :lol: i clicked on a forum which i believed had only been started today and seen your ridiculous post not knowing that it was from last month, dont get your y fronts in a twist :doh::cry:

Can't even begin to understand that mentality I'm afraid. A 5-0 horsing at home should leave the players upset any day of the week and that any Well fan can be relaxed about their team capitulating like that is an emotion that I can't relate to.

You may be right about the players not being to upset but if you are it explains to me why the Rangers players play for Rangers and the Motherwell players play for Motherwell. I would like to think however that the Well players will be totally gutted tonight.

I'd far rather that Jennings, Lasley and Co didn't go steaming into challenges and end up with damaged ligaments or bruised ribs and made the final than go steaming in as they usually would and pick up heavy knocks that could put them out of the final. Rangers have a huge sqaud, despite what the media would have you believe and can afford to chop and change. A cup final win is far more important than holding Rangers to a draw and trailing Killie by one less point.

I can't undersand why people are trying to play this result down so much and saying it doesn't really matter. If Celtic win the league we qualify for Europe whether we win or lose in the Scottish Cup final so this should have been our most competetive game in the top 6. We should have had our strongest team on the pitch and every player should have been up for it. I'm not saying we should be trying to do Celtic any favours, I'm saying we should be trying our utmost to take something from todays game and unfortunately we weren't.

Is it the case that some players care more about the cup final than they do about Europe or league placing because they won't be here next season anyway? Possible even subconsciously?

I'd far rather that Jennings, Lasley and Co didn't go steaming into challenges and end up with damaged ligaments or bruised ribs and made the final than go steaming in as they usually would and pick up heavy knocks that could put them out of the final. Rangers have a huge sqaud, despite what the media would have you believe and can afford to chop and change. A cup final win is far more important than holding Rangers to a draw and trailing Killie by one less point.

Totally understand what you say Dave, but, totally disagree.

If we adopt that attitude until cup final day, we'll lose most games by a barrel load and have confidence issues.

I'd rather have every player playing for a starting slot and confident than that today.

Players at a certain level are committed and focused on every match they play. If some don't have the desire to compete in the remaining fixtures, they will play themselves out of the fixture they are protecting themselves for.

Really noticed huffs and lack of work rate from certain players today - I'm sure S.M. noticed also.

I can't undersand why people are trying to play this result down so much and saying it doesn't really matter. If Celtic win the league we qualify for Europe whether we win or lose in the Scottish Cup final so this should have been our most competetive game in the top 6. We should have had our strongest team on the pitch and every player should have been up for it. I'm not saying we should be trying to do Celtic any favours, I'm saying we should be trying our utmost to take something from todays game and unfortunately we weren't.

Is it the case that some players care more about the cup final than they do about Europe or league placing because they won't be here next season anyway? Possible even subconsciously?

Would agree with the first part -- of all our top six games, this was really the only one in which taking a point or three could have had a positive effect on the outcome of our season, so there was no excuse for not playing for a win.

I don't agree with the second part though. Even if there are people in our team playing for a move, today was the ideal day to put themselves in the shop window, but I doubt any of the scouts there today would've been impressed.

Think a few folk need to calm down here tonight. I was angry today but the bottom line is the players have achieved what they set out to do a few weeks ago, top 6 and scottish cup final.

As fans we demand more but human instinct says the players will want to stay injury free for the final. Its been a brilliant season, lets not forget that.

Stuart McCalls still got my backing 100%

Let's move on. Up to Tannadice and get the bruised pride restored. We had a nightmare second half today, and McCall was right to say we shouldn't have been behind at half-time. If football was played on paper, then you couldn't have argued with the end result.