Ideas To Get The Toon Up For The Final

Martin

On a separate note, I am meeting with the powers that be in the local authority this week to work together to see what can be done to capitalise on the feel good factor locally. I am told that in 91 you guys turned the town (and other areas) claret and amber. We'd like to get the momentum moving on this again as a great time to reinvigorate supporters and get youngsters interested. Competitions for the best dressed shop, house, pub....maybe someone could start a thread with ideas that we could try to pull together. We simply can't miss this great opportunity to motivate and importantly have some fun....a memories photo wall, we could pin photos to the web and there are loads of other fun things we can all do.

Well she asked for a thread wi some ideas. Here it is. Ony ideas people?!

these are different times now though, companies won't have it!

Different times playing a "different team" in the final. I don't live in Motherwell but I would imagine there are quite a few Celtic fans who live in or around the town. I would also imagine local businesses won't take the risk of annoying the petty few.

Was it not mainly independent pubs that had Motherwell colours out? Independent businesses obviously have the discretion to make such decisons but Motherwell town centre is predominantly chain based stores who couldn't give a flying fuck about what MFC are doing and are more concerned about getting money through the door.

I will be dressing up one of the windows in Claret and Amber at Wilkinson in the precinct. The mother in law is knitting some mini scarves.

Should be starting this in the next week or two.

We are also going to do a Scottish Cup treasure hunt in the store for the kids.

Also we will be raffling a MFC football signed by some of the cup final squad this Saturday with all proceeds going to MacMillan Cancer Care.

Tickets cost £1, so pop in before or after the Rangers game.

Steelmen Rule.

Fuck celtic fans ffs. This is motherwell. Have you seen the flats in carfin on big old firm days :angry:

This is motherwell and the town should be painted claret and amber.

Celtic are a Glasgow club not a whole of Scotland club regardless of where there fans live.

If i had my way every lamp post would have a flag flying from it. Every shop would have displays. On the day i would have face painters up the street and claret and amber giving away vouchers for one adult and one child to attend the first game of the next season for a tenner.

It infuriates me the thought that motherwell fc and the fans should be restricted to do anything because of knobs who support the old firm.

This is motherwell, home to motherwell football club and the town should be painted claret and amber. Maybe its time to make a stand and re claim this town. :nod:

• Like 5

See if we were playing any other fucker other than the Bigot brothers then the town would be like that but again those fuckers ruin it by there down right 'shitieness'.

I remember in 91 every house in my street had flags, bunting and C&A everywhere.

I was saying to the wife about putting flags in my windows but where I live I really don't think it would be worth a brick. Sad sad times to think like that.

I think if we asked North Lanarkshire Council to decorate the town ahead of the cup final the colour scheme would not be what many on here would approve of.

Yer damn tootin :nod: 90% of those c***s will be in the other end on the 21st may

On the note of politicians ,has our local Westminster MP been backing us to lift the trophy :ph34r:

I think it is only right that all shops in the "Motherwell" community should be showing the local spirit and dressing up some of their window display in Claret & Amber.

It does not happen often and we should celebrate and show our community spirit when it does.

Every official building ie civic centre, police and fire station etc in the town should be flying a well flag. Also the big billboard down at the bottom of airbles road/hamilton road should have a big "good luck to motherwell fc" banner on it.

Don't really see the police station havin one out, ma dad's a copper and he's a celtic fan and he took me down to newcaslte for with a few of his work mates and they were all old firm fans and there was even, dare I say it, an AIRDRE FAN

As for the powers that be in the council.

Some of them will be wanting Celtic displays in the interests of balance.

How is that 'balance' we are Motherwell, the team and the town.

These people got elected to do a job for the town and the people of the town.

The bigots can fuck right off, balance my arse.

• Like 1

Don't really see the police station havin one out, ma dad's a copper and he's a celtic fan and he took me down to newcaslte for with a few of his work mates and they were all old firm fans and there was even, dare I say it, an AIRDRE FAN

You would be genuinely surprised the amount of Well fans in the Polis. Two of the boys who did the half time 10 sec challenge at the semi where peelers and Well fans. Explains why they couldn't put the ball in the net mind you.

You would be genuinely surprised the amount of Well fans in the Polis. Two of the boys who did the half time 10 sec challenge at the semi where peelers and Well fans. Explains why they couldn't put the ball in the net mind you.

Yeah I don't doubt there are lots of coppers who are well fans, I live across the road from one. I just don't think there are that many stationed in Motherwell.

Edited by TigerWoodsMFC