Ideas To Get The Toon Up For The Final

Martin

One of the first things you see as you go into the town centre from the car park is JJB Sports with their big posters advertising the Rangers kit ! :wallbash:

tbh I don't blame JJB for that, nor Rangers. It is not their fault that Motherwell FC do not allow other outlets to sell their kits. I remember seeing plenty of Livingston kits in JJB Livingston so I'm sure JJB Motherwell would sell Motherwell kits, with advertising posters et al if Motherwell FC (PSL?) allowed them to. Since they don't and they have a deal with Rangers to sell their kits why shouldn't they?

they could run a comp between the schools, best decorated classroom gets free tickets to a game, or a school trip to the stadium ect, get a couple of players to judge/ present the winner, free wrist bands or badges to runners up. good way to get the youngsters in about the club aswell. might not be phisicaly visable from outside but gets the kids and parents invoved, generate excitment....

tbh I don't blame JJB for that, nor Rangers. It is not their fault that Motherwell FC do not allow other outlets to sell their kits. I remember seeing plenty of Livingston kits in JJB Livingston so I'm sure JJB Motherwell would sell Motherwell kits, with advertising posters et al if Motherwell FC (PSL?) allowed them to. Since they don't and they have a deal with Rangers to sell their kits why shouldn't they?

That's probably why Livi went into administration! Motherwell would barely make a penny from MFC shirt sales through JJB, that's why the sales are kept to The 'Well Shop, because it will directly benefit the club rather than JJB

That's probably why Livi went into administration! Motherwell would barely make a penny from MFC shirt sales through JJB, that's why the sales are kept to The 'Well Shop, because it will directly benefit the club rather than JJB

That just makes the club look more isolated than they already look. People of motherwell act as if fir park is in a different town.

Bringing anything mfc to the town centre will only benefit the club. As long as its not a run down shitty unit next to the post office.

If Livi went into administration cause of that... why did we since our sales were in house? They went into administration the same reason we did.

I think it is great we do it (although the fact you can get two adult Rangers tops for the same price as a 3 year olds Motherwell top is a bit of a shitter) but we can't complain if Motherwell Town Centre advertises their products if the club don't allow them to support, in anyway, the home town club.

If, whatever the precinct management company are called do attempt to do something, what about a ceremonial excavation of the time capsule stuff that's buried under the 1991 Cup mosiac in the precinct?

Get some former players involved with current ones, sign autographs, meet their adoring public blah de blah with the 1991 stuff to be re-buried and added to with some 2011 vintage items?

I think if we asked North Lanarkshire Council to decorate the town ahead of the cup final the colour scheme would not be what many on here would approve of.

agree totally with that, give them enough rope.

Well, town centre management are holding a competition for the best dressed shop. My manager has given the go-ahead so expect Gamestation decked out in claret and amber!

Should have FIFA 11 Motherwell v Celtic on the screens for a fortnight an a'.

:thumbup:

• Like 1