Ideas To Get The Toon Up For The Final

Martin

The Civic buildings, Heritage Centre, Aquatec, all council offices in the town, should be following suit as well - this type of 'event' isn't just about the Club as it is an opportunity to put the town in a wider public view and put a smile on the residents faces at the same time.

I'm struggling to think of a bigger event that has the potential to give the whole town (and surrounding areas) a real feelgood factor - the cooncil should be lapping this up, unfortunately they dont seem to be.

• Like 3

The Civic buildings, Heritage Centre, Aquatec, all council offices in the town, should be following suit as well - this type of 'event' isn't just about the Club as it is an opportunity to put the town in a wider public view and put a smile on the residents faces at the same time.

I'm struggling to think of a bigger event that has the potential to give the whole town (and surrounding areas) a real feelgood factor - the cooncil should be lapping this up, unfortunately they dont seem to be.

100% on the fucking button.

Think back to the atmosphere of 91. The Town should be trying to recreate that, but unfortunately there is too many of 'them' in positions of authority to push the boat out.

I asked my sister if my neice and nephews primary school where doing anything for the final, posters or anything to support the club and the blunt answer is no they are doing hee haw. Not even interested.

This is a great time to get folk onto backing the team and creating a younger generation of supporters who can hang onto the Glory years of winning the cup in 2011.

You're looking at £30 for Black Ops mate. Checked out Wilko's display and it's looking great, well done. The '91 stuff is a nice touch. Our display looks pretty cool now, with this in the right hand window to make it complete....

224065_216514385043181_100000538631529_826010_7229518_n.jpg

Your and Wilkinson's look spot on mate.

I just done up the windows in my flat. Nothing fancy like you though .

I bought 10 motherwell times for the posters and slammed them up in all my windows along with a claret and amber saltire. Would be nice to see more flats/houses doing the same.

I know for a fact some people will say it looks tacky but i don't give a dam :thumbup:

The council are currently putting bunting up around the town. It's already up in the town centre next to the train station and they have just started on Airbles Road and Windmillhill Street. Took a picture from the roundabout on Airbles Road but it's not the best. I'll put more up in daylight tomorrow.

IMG_0352.jpg

• Like 2

What are the schools doing? I work in an Ayrshire secondary school and I want to deck my classroom out in claret and amber. Any other schools doing the same so I don't get my balls rapped for it?

I've probably missed a trick here given that I work in all the primary schools in Motherwell doing IT support. Unfortunately due to a death in the family, combined with all the recent holidays, I've not been in many schools over the last few weeks.

Glencairn are definitely planning something, I'm assuming Logans will be doing something (perhaps with encouragement from fatcalf?) and I'd be surprised if Knowetop didn't do something. I've heard nothing else otherwise. That's not to say it's not happening.

This was my thinking -The main supplier of computers/devices to North Lanarkshire schools, XMA, are really trying to promote themselves in Scotland at the moment (they have recently given iPods away at Dalziel's science fair) and I'm fairly sure some sort of offering as a prize could have been arranged (iPad/iPod) for best school effort. I'm assuming some arrangement, perhaps in return for some publicity, could be reached with the club. However, as my bosses are regulars at Celtic Park it would probably have had to be done directly between the club and XMA and my involvement would have had to be minimal.

I know it's very short notice now (for the club and the schools) but if anyone at the club reads this and wants a name and contact details then feel free to contact me.

Ma school has probably the biggest Rangers fanbase excluding any school in Larkhall and a couple of my teachers are tims plus the Headteacher is a Jambo so I don't reckon mine will. Having said that me and my friends have met 2 of the deputy heads at games so you never know.

Just clocked this, Clyde Valley by any chance? :doh::lol:

Walked throght the high street today when I was on a really long lunch break some of the shops are looking really good!!! Started getting goose bumps. I no some of the shops have said no and some said they will from Monday onwards! But well done to everyone it looks awesome

Yup! Town centre looks amazing and it's brilliant to see almost all shops make an effort. Boots in particular looks outstanding. Best dressed shop wins 4 hospitality tickets for the cup final, and the winner is announced tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed Gamestation wins!

There's a fun day tomorrow in the shopping precinct tomorrow, not sure about players appearing but there'll be plenty competitions, a mini football pitch and plenty other bits and pieces - should be good!

Noticed today that JJB had removed Rangers new kit and adverts from the window and put in a load of MFC stuff - Superb!