Inverurie Pitch

WellMartyn

Thought this deserved a thread of its own...

My dad was up in Inverurie today working and took a walk up to Harlaw Park where he bumped into Davie Cormie, the Inverurie manager, in the Clubhouse.

My dad was saying that the pitch isn't in the best of conditions (top half inch of the grass is really soft but very very slippy and deemed dangerous. Underneath that it's rock solid) hence the postponements and the chances of the game being played midweek is very very doubtful as they reckon the best chance of the game being on is with an afternoon kick off!

He got a few pictures of the stadium as shown here:

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id...e6315dd92f30582

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id...e6315dd92f30582

post-208-1233252363_thumb.jpg

post-208-1233252578_thumb.jpg

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't help thinking that if the game is off Monday and Wednesday, that the SFA will look to move it somewhere else for next Saturday.

Piddling down in Inverurie today, ground softening up in the main as temperatures have risen. I guess being a "backwater" as Mark puts it there is some kind of assumption that we dont take our footy seriously but I can assure you we do. This winter has been a nightmare for Locos after a brilliant start to the HFL campaign we have hardly kicked a ball in two months. Honestly for the regular fans who turn up every week this match is pretty unimportant in comparison with the league campaign and with all respect if we had to get an SPL we would have preferred the Dons or any of the big two from the East or West. The covers are still down, I understand will get lifted am tomorrow and put down again after the match so expect something that looks like Hampden with a slope !

Unfortunately the forecast is not great for Sunday (If the snow does come it will be a bigger problem) so no-one here is particularly hopeful of getting it played before next Saturday.

At least a Sauturday game would be a bonus to our players as they wont be approaching a match after a day of grafting while the steelmen have a light run around and afternoon kip. You guys should still win by a country mile. Coincidentally it's 50 years since and HFL club knocked out a top side ( Dundee WERE a top clup in 1959) so twice in 50 years would be good.

Hope the guys who do finally make it here enjoy their time in Inverurie - it's a smashing place to live and work - and normally its never cold ! we have a few well supporters , escaped weegies and the like so there will be a chance you will here some Doric from an amber and claret clad fan ?

One things for sure the rules as they stand dont allow a change of venue - if you guys had regularly brought more than 3000 to Pittodrie instead of 300 you could have had a case. Nobody here wants it to go to Pittodrie and Fir Park is out of the question - thats like saying if you drew Celtic it should be switched to Parkhead cos they know how to switch on the leccy. icon4.gif

rory

Aye, I'll miss you guys when this finally gets played and I can go back to posting on highland league forums instead. :lol:

I've been sent to collect you Andy. Now get out of this forum and stay out . Ye know what yev been telt. Mingling with these Scottish Steelmen isnae guid fir ye. You get back into that HLNET forum and stay there !

rory

Covers are off at Harlaw - not sure why - story goes they will be back on tomorrow.

At least you guys will have last seasons experience of playing on a ploughed field to sustain you when you do arrive ! (our rollers have been knicked - an a dinnae mean the chairmans cars or his missus's coiffure set). Tomorrow - Battle of Harlaw - check yer history books !

How many do Inverurie take to away matches?

Probably between 100 and 300. If its Huntly probably 300 , more for a cup match. If it's Fortwilliam probably struggling to make a hundred. A cup Final would see us 500 +

However we do have the the dubious honour of being the first HFL club to fly to a match in Scotland ! We chartered a plane and took the 12 minute flight to Wick (as opposed to the 5 hour drive) - it took longer to drive to Aberdeen Airport than the flight itself. Fortunately we won ! That's why all our rivals describe us as "high flying locos" - bit like the "super calley" nomenclature.(look it up)

rory

I guess being a "backwater" as Mark puts it there .............

An unfortunate quote. It's far more civilised/cultured than Motherwell IMHO, and I know where I'd rather live........ and it's not on the east bank of the M74.

Personally I don't believe Locos warrant any stick/abuse from us southern softeez, and are perfectly entitled to hold the game at Harlaw Park no matter how long it takes to come to fruition.

As for the few Dossers who are pointing the finger, I can undestand their frustration, but this situation is not of Locos making. People in glass houses mind :mad:

Personally I don't believe Locos warrant any stick/abuse from us southern softeez, and are perfectly entitled to hold the game at Harlaw Park no matter how long it takes to come to fruition.
They are certainly entitled to a reasonable number of attempts. As this is an SFA competition, however, it is up to the SFA to define exactly how any attempts is reasonable

As for the few Dossers who are pointing the finger, I can understand their frustration, but this situation is not of Locos making. People in glass houses mind :mad:
I don't think anybody thought the postponement situations at Fir Park were anything but unacceptable. So I don't see any double standards here.