WellMartyn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*wave*

Looking just fine for a game tomorrow at the moment Rory. Thought Rossco and Tommy bossed the game yesterday but no real cutting edge up front. Back to Plan B for the cup game which I think involves 10 men across the goal line and the goalie takes anything above head height. :huh:

Thought we bossed the game from start to finish. If Rossco plays anything like that tomorrow Mark will be taking him back to 'well on the club coach. Cannot see Tommy getting away with reffing the match tomorrow. You got your demands for the front two. Perhaps DC was correct with his selection at the Broch after all :blink::huh: . while Gauldie played fine I would want him saved for the League match next week. Perhaps they can start with Than Tan Tran and Couller. Youth and experience. And of course the remaining 8 on the goal liline with Andy playing just in front. cant have him being unsighted again! Laughable when you consider the antics/tactics of Tommy at free kicks that we should lose one like that.

My prediction for tomorrow..... Match abandoned after 30 minutes in a blizzard. Replayed Saturday

rory

Over 90 of the towns shops, pubs , restaurants, bookies, churches et have been adorned in red and black since early January. The lingerie shops have seen the most lingering of fans !

my favourite is the tile shop - seems classic in every way

It's the sign on the bottom right that makes it. :blink:

Looking good then. Feared the worst when i seen the weather forecast for over the weekend!

Any supporters buses going up tomorrow that have any seats avalaible?

Cloudy Express/Maros Klimpl Loyal, check thread on travel info page - all the fun of the fair guaranteed, if the game is on. Contact by PM

Rory,

Is it snowing out, or is it just a poor picture from the webcam on the Dairy roof?

Defo no snow here at the moment. Forecast is it will start arriving at midnight. No chance of the match being off as the temperature is well up on recent weeks. Risk is around the windchill and getting any fallen snow off the covers. I assume covers will stay on until afternoon. Sorry we couldn't use 'wells hot air balloon - we already have a Manager. :blink:

and that dramatic change is being forecast by every weather agency and tv channel !

So far almost every time I have heard Cormie or whomever from Inverurie say the game will most probably go ahead - guess what it has NOT!

I have all but given up on Monday/Wednesday this week given the weather forecast as I cannot see how it can be any better than last midweek.

It would be so predictable if the game was therefore to go ahead tomorrow evening as I am hoping it will not for many reasons. To be honest I am so fed up that the thought of a long drive up north tomorrow through bad weather is not in the least bit appealing. I have been up for every other game and prepared in mind to travel.

So as I said sod's law that the game does go ahead. My preference now would be for the Saturday.

1.5 degrees and no snow at the moment.

I think after McGhee's comments there will now be pressure to stop erring on the side of caution and just go for it. Wouldnt surprise me to see the ground passed fit tomorrow morning and for the game to get called off at 7pm. ;)

1.5 degrees and no snow at the moment.

I think after McGhee's comments there will now be pressure to stop erring on the side of caution and just go for it. Wouldnt surprise me to see the ground passed fit tomorrow morning and for the game to get called off at 7pm. ;)

If that does happen then there is one racing certainty. The Motherwell crowd would shrink from the 400 or so that will still travel (despite 4 postponements) to less than 200 when the game eventually gets the go ahead.

As much as this is history for me (playing a non-league side in the Cup) and I try NEVER to miss any Scottish cup tie - I would even consider getting a refund if I took a half day, got to Aberdeen only for the game to be cancelled :D

Caught some of the footie talk on Radio Scotland around 4pm and they stated the Loco's chairman (I think :D ) had been in touch saying they expect the game to be on unless there's a dramatic turn in the weather.

Pretty sure they also said there are no plans for a pitch inspection ;) as the ground is fine following their home game yesterday.

Hope it's on but if I get halfway up and it's put off, reckon the tickets will be getting sent back to FP

MON RA DOSSERS

It was also said that they were NOT putting the covers down as the forecast is fine :D:D and that there would be no need for an inspection at all :O:O:O

There's a big stream of hefty snow showers making their way off the North Sea and into the east coast of Scotland today. This is not going to lessen, and I'd say in the interests of safety, that the game shouldn't go ahead. The snow has arrived a good deal earlier than forecast, but it's here, and it aint going to lessen unfortunately. At the moment it's affecting us worse due to the Forth-Clyde valley effect.