Bid For Lasley

Frazzie

Can't see this being true, surely. I mean would Lasley's reputation not be tainted down south due to two unsuccessful spells at Plymouth and Blackpool.

Consider his age and being a potential backup player at us, his failure down south previously etc, just seems a big amount of money from what is a relatively unknown player up here.

Hardly grabs the headlines up here, so floats under most teams radar.

And no other Scottish team would come in with that sort of bid, so it must be an English mob involved (if this story is to believed).

Would be absolutely gutted to see him go, despite Klimpl's VERY impressive performances in midfield, the guy has played there less than half a dozen games and people here are wanting rid of Lasley whom has gave what 200odd consistant performances for us?

Every player can have a bit of form, Keef has proved that he can do it consistantly over x amount of time.

Don't like the concept of Keef out Maros in (permanently). In saying that I would like them both here, just don't think we should disregard Keef and let him on his way on the off chance that Maros does indeed want to stay longer than May.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lasley is one of the most under rated players in the SPL. But that sort of fee if it is enough for us to tie down say Klimpl would be worth taking. Lasley is gonna be 30 soon, out of contract end of the season and not an first team automatic pick.

I don't think Klimpl is that much of a better player than Lasley, he just fits a certain role we need better, or seems to so far.

But there no point taking the money if we can't be certain that we getting it reinvested in squad improvements we need.

I don't think Klimpl is that much of a better player than Lasley, he just fits a certain role we need better, or seems to so far.

I'd say Klimpl's a far better player than Lasley. It's a tough one. The money reported is good but he was promising at the start of the season and argubaly our best player. He provides strength in depth.

But that money for a subby....?

Just can't see this happening, too much money and there more talented players that can be bought for £275k at the moment. Don't get me wrong as I like Lasley but just think he hasnt done enough yet to see that return - maybe in the summer if he has a cracking 3 months.

I would like to see Lasley stay, he can provide cover in a few positions and if Porter goes for the money that has been mentioned then, no need to sell. Why scramble around for a utility player with 2 days of the window to go. I can't see him leaving.

Poor show if we allow Lasley to leave, like someone else said, I'd rather lose Hughes. Hope this isn't true. Nae Lalsey, nae Porter, money coming in but apparently none available for bringing anyone in!! Are we really that skint? If so, staying up should and could be all we should ever aim for. Pish times.

I'd say Klimpl's a far better player than Lasley. It's a tough one. The money reported is good but he was promising at the start of the season and argubaly our best player. He provides strength in depth.

But that money for a subby....?

You are comparing a player with years and years of good service to the club with a player that has played about 8 games who you can guarantee won't be here in 2 or 3 years time.

Klimpl and Lasley don't even play in the same position in case you haven't noticed. When did Lasley every sit in front of the back four as a screen?

£275,000 is a lot of money for a player like Lasley but we'd probably have to spend most of it again to get in a replacement.