Bid For Lasley

Frazzie

Dundee Utd is a good shout, what about ICT? do they have that kinda money? Maybe Butcher and Malpas are trying to bring a few players in......

i'd prefer him to stay, not a flashy player, not a hardman but neat and tidy and does a good job. After being at Plymouth and Blackpool, maybe he doesnt want to leave, even if we accept an offer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klimpl and Lasley don't even play in the same position in case you haven't noticed. When did Lasley every sit in front of the back four as a screen?

£275,000 is a lot of money for a player like Lasley but we'd probably have to spend most of it again to get in a replacement.

You mean apart from from the first dozen games of the season where that was Lasley's exact position!

Who gives fuck if he has been loyal, so was Corrigan and he had to go. You telling me if a big club came in for Lasley and said we want you to star in our midfield he would even give Motherwell FC a second thought?

£275K is about 175K more than I would ever expect from Lasley. Good player for Motherwell but unless we lose half our midfield to injury he won't be missed.

There is also an element of frustration in it all.

The money never is re-invested in the transfer market , I don't see us getting anyone better for that price.

I know we have to tighten our belts , but in my opinion selling arguably our 'Player of the Year' so far is a bad idea (despite coping without him in the United and Falkirk games before someone jumps in.)

Not really.

Klimpl is a better holding midfielder than Lasley

Fizzy is a better left sided midfielder than Lasley

O'Brien is a better right sided midfielder than Lasley

Hughes is a better Attacking Midfielder than Lasley

What Lasley is, I'll grant you is a Solid Midfielder who can play in any of those roles not to mention he can cover for right back.

But if Motherwell were to rejected anything over 100K, 150K at a push for Lasley then we're either rich or stupid.

He's been a key player for two years, and one of those years was under Malpish who lets be honest, you managed to string three passes together made you a key player.

He has been a key figure this season and it was only a few months ago that the majority of this board were going off their heads after he was taken off at Falkirk and stressing his importance to the team.

A fit Klimpl has given us the needed depth in the team and the needed competition for places.

I don't agree with the viewpoint that we would be mad to sell at all.

Not really.

Theres only one of those that i agree with and its that O'Brien is a better right sided midfielder. Klimpl has played a handful of games and there is no guaruntee we will keep him, Fitzy as much as i admire him for being a trier i dont think is better than Las anywhere in midfield and Hughes has been rotten all season wheras Lasley has been solid and consistent. Just my view on things i dont expect everyone to think the same though.

Not really.

Echoeing on the previous point from Gav, what Keef has is heart, workrate, versatility and consistency. Can you apply they four attributes to any of the four players...?

No You Can't! And while I agree with you - accept for Fizzy (who despite his workrate I've still to be convinced is a SPL player) - I think that Keef's abilities, while not necsessarly an automatic start, make him invaluable to the team! The fact that he can play in all of those position, plus right back, makes him a 5 in one player and what is the chances of the four players plus Coach getting selected before him every single week?! Doubt it. So he will feature a lot the rest of this season as he gives us optinions, and if he can maintain his current form he is a possibility for our player of the year.

275k is not enough to even consider in my eyes as who can we bring in with the cut of that fee McGhee gets that will offer what Keef does and who won't spoit the dummy out if he is not automatic start?

If we sell Lasley I'd be tempted to hand my season ticket back in right away. Selling Porter is one thing, that's unavoidable. We already know that non of the money will be re-invested in players. Our squad is too small to be selling key players willy nilly. If someone comes in with a bid for McGarry, Malcolm, or D.Smith, maybe fair enough.

Well done, that's yer first post, you signed up to say that? Look forward to further contributions.

No-ones happy to say goodbye to Porter, but like McDonald, McFadden, and McCormack before him (how good would that team have been?!) there's an inevitability to him leaving. Lasley leaving would be a bit of a shock. People are shocked and are commenting so.

I can't believe how happy people are on here to wave goodbye to Big Porter, yet the world is falling in if we were to lose Lasley.

And lets point out, the figure quoted here if correct is 75k more than an offer we accepted from Huddersfield for Porter!!

I don't think people are happy to wave goodbye to Porter tbh. He's made it clear from day one Motherwell is a stepping stone for him and if he leaves in the summer we stand to lose a lot of money. I think people are concerned that to lose Porter and Lasley at the same time would leave the team too this. Yes, everyone is going on about other players who can fill the same role that Lasley does but we don't know who might get injured in the run in, we need as much cover as we can.

Well done, that's yer first post, you signed up to say that? Look forward to further contributions.

Decent first post as well. Albeit a bit of a wind up.

However the mediterranean grief scene that's developing about Lasley possibly leaving is IMHO completely over the top.

I'd like him to stay as he's a good, honest, hard working pro.

But Lasley isn't the stand out some on here have him made out as. He is matched in 'heart' and 'endeavour' by most in the team. i don't think that's a characteristic we're lacking.

His distribution and retention is no better than other players in the same midfield that would get lambasted if they made the same mistakes.

I really do think a lot of the fellas on here genuinely fancy him - in a man love kinda way :lol:;):lol::lol:;)

Decent first post as well. Albeit a bit of a wind up.

However the mediterranean grief scene that's developing about Lasley possibly leaving is IMHO completely over the top.

I'd like him to stay as he's a good, honest, hard working pro.

But Lasley isn't the stand out some on here have him made out as. He is matched in 'heart' and 'endeavour' by most in the team. i don't think that's a characteristic we're lacking.

His distribution and retention is no better than other players in the same midfield that would get lambasted if they made the same mistakes.

I really do think a lot of the fellas on here genuinely fancy him - in a man love kinda way :lol:;):lol:;):lol:

My thoughts about a certain Well striker for a long time now (yep, have a guess folks!!!), but you better watch with that kinda talk, you will be for the high jump!!

;)

If someone has bid 275k for Las then no-one has told him (from the proverbial horses mouth) :lol:

Boys all gave him some stick for this thread today...

:lol:

Good to hear! With the threat of losing Porter as well as the possibility of not being able to keep Hughes and Klimpl at the end of the season we need to keep a hold of players like Lasley.

If we sell Lasley I'd be tempted to hand my season ticket back in right away. Selling Porter is one thing, that's unavoidable. We already know that non of the money will be re-invested in players. Our squad is too small to be selling key players willy nilly. If someone comes in with a bid for McGarry, Malcolm, or D.Smith, maybe fair enough.

Dry your eyes! Things are never that bad, what purpose would it serve? Do you think you would be offered a refund?