Final Anthem Poll

el-pidge

Sloop John B

But agree with many above, a lot of these are random as hell and no prior context.

Hey Jude is almost like a church hymn in how downbeat and slow it is. Ditch it.

They are taken from the other discussion thread, where you could of expressed your concerns and offered your own suggestions, these options are clear favourites in there. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit but some had expressed the desire for a poll.

Nothing wrong with slow in my opinion. There was a lot of support for Hey Jude, have you seriously never enjoyed that one at a drunken party!?! Everyone loves it.

If you want fast pounding techno and europop go to the arches.

Sloop John B

But agree with many above, a lot of these are random as hell and no prior context.

Hey Jude is almost like a church hymn in how downbeat and slow it is. Ditch it.

What would have 'prior context'?? where were you when this was being discussed before?

Prior context would be great but I personally am totally stumped for that... I tried by offering outhere brothers - boom boom boom cause I used to hear it at the start of every game... but in fairness it was a crap suggestion. I also offered JOB's song which again is a crap suggestion.

I think we should be looking at this as an opportunity to create something new for ourselves. Stop moaning and vote. haha.

Does it matter if you have never sung it?!

Coming up to a major landmark in the history of our club we are living something that will be remembered and talked about in 20,40,60 years time.

I love the fact fans are wanting and eager to create history start a song that can be sung for years to come with good memories?

• Like 2

What would have 'prior context'?? where were you when this was being discussed before?

Prior context would be great but I personally am totally stumped for that... I tried by offering outhere brothers - boom boom boom cause I used to hear it at the start of every game... but in fairness it was a crap suggestion. I also offered JOB's song which again is a crap suggestion.

I think we should be looking at this as an opportunity to create something new for ourselves. Stop moaning and vote. haha.

Dry yer eyes.

• Like 1

Does it matter if you have never sung it?!

Coming up to a major landmark in the history of our club we are living something that will be remembered and talked about in 20,40,60 years time.

I love the fact fans are wanting and eager to create history start a song that can be sung for years to come with good memories?

Spot on Rocky, yeah it would be great if some song had prior context but none seem to fit the bill, so why not start something that will be sung for years to come

• Like 2

I agree it needs a wee bit more up tempo, however the words are right on the money with a few alterations for cultural/football references (Jericho for Piggery is one):

The higher you build your barriers

The taller we become

The farther you take our rights away

The faster Humph will run

You can deny us

It's clear our time has come

No matter, cos there's....

[CHORUS]

Something inside so strong

I know that we can make it

Tho' you're doing us wrong, so wrong

You thought that our pride was gone