Final Anthem Poll

el-pidge

Sorry guys but it has to be short, repetitive and easy to repeat with a chorus/tune that all can grasp a hold of and pretty quickly, and not a 4 verse pop song many will not know the lyrics of.

Just saying like :( not criticising efforts.

Hope the youngsters listen to the advice above as it comes from a man with considerable Shed experience.

A good song is one you can pick up in 10 seconds; even if you have never heard it before.

• Like 1

It's good to feel like you are getting somewhere.

depeche mode - enjoy the silence.... seems a decent reply to their song. (just the chorus, could even be a wee anti-sectarian chant) 'words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm, enjoy the silence'

Hope the youngsters listen to the advice above as it comes from a man with considerable Shed experience.

A good song is one you can pick up in 10 seconds; even if you have never heard it before.

Exactly why i suggested Agadoo but you have to do the actions too :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qijd5p2MPK4&feature=related

I think we've all forgotten about the best football song ever. Its not that hard to remember

This with the lyrics being Fuck Celtic Were Motherwell, over and over

Likewise....what's this poll for?

A song wins and then 6 people that have paid attention to a thread on the internet sing it? huh.gif

Exactly. I cringe when folk start talking about a new 'club song' or 'anthem' to be sung for a big game. Songs aren't created over night. Even if eveyone on this sight agreed to sing 'hey jude' at full time (fuck knows why) you would still have 15,500 folk wondering what the fuck was going on.

Don't get me wrong, I do look upon anthems such as Sunshine on Leith or You'll never walk alone with a little envy but we can't and won't be able to create one for everyone to sing in 3 weeks.

We don't need to create atmosphere or compose memories, I will be as happy as fuck screaming 'Well 'Well SUPER 'Well after our 3 goals, at the final whistle, when Craggs lifts the trophy and on the lap of honour! :thumbup:

Why do we need a new song to have memories of that?

• Like 1

Exactly. I cringe when folk start talking about a new 'club song' or 'anthem' to be sung for a big game. Songs aren't created over night. Even if eveyone on this sight agreed to sing 'hey jude' at full time (fuck knows why) you would still have 15,500 folk wondering what the fuck was going on.

Don't get me wrong, I do look upon anthems such as Sunshine on Leith or You'll never walk alone with a little envy but we can't and won't be able to create one for everyone to sing in 3 weeks.

We don't need to create atmosphere or compose memories, I will be as happy as fuck screaming 'Well 'Well SUPER 'Well after our 3 goals, at the final whistle, when Craggs lifts the trophy and on the lap of honour! :thumbup:

Why do we need a new song to have memories of that?

I don't totally disagree.

This is certainly an appropriate time to be discussing it though.

I certainly don't expect an outcome, it's just nice we can discuss it, and nice to see some ideas and start to gauge what fans might like in a song. Cringe away.

Maybe a wee bit late makin my suggestion , but agree with Special AKA and some others that it needs to be something that can be picked up quickly by what will be a mixed bag of supporters on the day .

Lots of clubs have went with 60s and 70s numbers that all generations instantly recognise , and I think Take Me Home Country Roads , adapted to Take Me Home Fir Park Road , wi the West Virginia mountain mamma ( I think ) bit changed to We hate Celtic , dirty bas*ards , or something more appropriate , would be one that the masses would catch onto with ease .

Might be shite , just one that a few teams down south have used in years gone by .

We need something that most (if not everyone) can enjoy and know with an easy way to add some of our own words into it

Also not Bob Marley. Its too slow and we need a decent speed to try and out class ''Just Cant Get Enough"

• Like 1

Tell motherwell I love them, tell motherwell I need them.

Tell motherwell not to cry my love for them will never die.

There we go, end of thread. :whistling:

Evry river i try to cross

Every hill I try to climb

Every ocean I try to swim

Every road i try to find

All the ways of my life, Id rather be with you

Theres no way, without you.

The sentiment being: Motherwell, anything else just isnt the same.

Easy to learn too and a Scottish band.

Fully aware that people might not like it but just throwing it out there as a suggestion as it works well live with the crowd when they do it.

Chorus comes in at 0.50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfmMlyz7x5s&feature=related

Have to say though most of the suggestions so far have been good.

Tetris would be fun especially if you add in the bit of the Dr Spin version where it goes "do do do do do do do Tetris". Change the tetris to "well".