Motherwell Supporters Trust - Spl Reconstruction Supporters Survey

MST

Following discussion over the past few months regarding league reconstruction, the Motherwell Supporters Trust has drawn up a questionnaire to see how Motherwell fans in general feel about the situation.

The questionnaire is available online here, and will be available in paper form at both of the Trust events this month.

The survey remains open until Saturday, May 21st. Results will be posted on the Trust website and this forum soon after the close daye.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

completed, and nice option to receive results

a few that surprise questions in there I've added a comment on how match scheduling needs to be firmed up as I feel that too many games are moved without thought for the fans

I think its only common courtesy to provide timely results when asking people to participate and take part, I'm sure the trust will deliver where the club have failed to date

Why? Its been made clear its a one off and it happened because of the SPL's poor administration and making decisions far too late. The Old Firm shouldn't have battered on and organised it, no but on the flip side if they turned it down and then the league started in mid August again that would have annoyed them as well. Nobody can change it at this juncture and its not going to happen again so why waste time asking people's opinion on it.

It's always the same with questionnaires there's always a question where it's difficult to give a direct answer.

In favour of playoffs? Yes if the league is big enough to support it, i.e. 16 or 18 teams, but No in it's current or the proposed format.

There was a healthy response to the questionnaire at last nights panel evening, and there will be more paper copies of it available at the pre-cup final party.

If you wish to take part online, please click the link in the first post.

Results will be printed on our website, our Facebook page, and will be emailed to those who leave their email address on the form along with being posted in this thread.

These results will be with you by Sunday, May 29th at the latest.

Thanks again folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Motherwell fans oppose a ten team league. That is the clear conclusion that can be drawn from a survey of 300 fans carried out by Motherwell Supporters Trust in the weeks leading up to the cup final.

Supporters’ views are clear. They don’t want a ten team league and they don’t feel that they have been properly consulted about the proposed SPL reforms.

Trust chairman Joe Smith commented, “It is no surprise to see that the poll of Motherwell fans echoes the result that Supporters Direct conducted a few months ago. It is to be hoped that Motherwell’s representative reflects these views when the SPL board next meets to consider the Strategy Group’s plans.”

Full details of the results are available by visiting our website at mstonline.net.