Scottish Cup Final Pre-Match Banter

mfcmainstand

I'm struggling to do anything remotely productive today. I've been fine all week, but as soon as I woke up this morning, I felt was as nervous as fuck. Don't think my legs have sat still for more than 10 seconds so far today.

I'm out in town tonight to see Queens of The Stone Age, so a few beers and hopefully I might be able to take my mind off it for a couple of hours...before the tension sets in big time...!

20 years ago Rangers won 3 in a row on the last day of the season

20 years ago Motherwell finished 6th

20 years ago Rangers beat Celtic 2-1 after extra time in the league cup final

20 years ago the Rangers manager left – he was replaced by his assistant

20 Years ago – the Motherwell striker scored in every round of the scottish cup

20 years ago - Motherwell won the cup

:cheers:

Any more omens?

20 years ago - an ex Rangers player managed Motherwell when we won the Scottish Cup

On the day before the '91 Final, I remember hearing Iain Ferguson talking about Dundee Utd's Cup jinx - seemingly never destined to win the trophy.

He said "I never believed in jinxes...... but I hope it continues"

I'm struggling to do anything remotely productive today. I've been fine all week, but as soon as I woke up this morning, I felt was as nervous as fuck. Don't think my legs have sat still for more than 10 seconds so far today.

Exactly the same here mate. I was motoring along nicely this week, life was normal but with a healthy dose of that feel-good factor I've heard about. Champion.

Woke up this morning and BANG, the adrenaline hit me. I've been like a hyper-active three year old all day. Haven't spilt Ribena or trampled Wotsits into the work's carpet yet but there's still time.

Buzzin'.

Keevins has nothing to say that I want to hear, so I no longer bother with the ill-informed wee pecker.

Keevins has nothing to say that I want to hear, so I no longer bother with the ill-informed wee pecker.

Ach you're just upset because every minute that guy is broadcasting is a minute taken away from your own media exposure :P

Been fairly calm this week (probably due to lack of exposure to all the Scottish media coverage), but have been bitten by the bug this morning.

The good thing is when I wake up tomorrow morning I only need to wait until 10am for the kick-off!

I've been really busy at work this week and not been thinking about it too much but today I am absolutely buzzing, totally unable to focus and can't wait for the next 3 hours to fly by until I can head home.

Where else but football can you get this much apprehension about 90 minutes over which you have no control?!

Been calm all week as had other stuff to worry about, managed to watch a few 'Well vids on Youtube but that was all.

Then I come on here during lunch and read some of the threads.... Fuck me, my stomach's now going a mile a minute and I can't wait for the next 2 hours to be over so I can get out of here and get sorted for tomorrow!!