Sign in to follow this  
mfcmainstand

Scottish Cup Final Pre-Match Banter

I remember wanting O'Neill off at half time coz he had done hee haw.

And I remember saying "ach don't hit it fae theeeeerrrreeeeeee!!!":yahoo:

Shows you how much I know.

Alright lads/ladies. I sometimes do a wee radio show with my mate from work, and we're going to be doing a cup final special tonight from 6 until 8. There's going to be some reminiscing of course, along with some tunes from 1991, plus of course a preview of the game on Saturday.

If you're not up to much and fancy listening in, head to www.apolloradio.co.uk and give it a swatch.

Any requests/suggestions for songs from 1991 would also be helpful.

Cheers!

This is a pure google number by the way not by memory but Cher - The shoop shop song (It's in his kiss) was number 1 on May 18 1991. :blush:

I've been distracted with exams, thankfully this week has gone very fast and is likely to until about 3 o'clock tomorrow when this exam is done and cup final fever hits! That'll be the slowest 24 hours in my life!

Just realised Simpsons "Do the Bartman was 1991":laugh:

Have a look at this site 1991 number ones

Am a wee bit bored at work so doing a lot of googling but some of them songs bring back some memories.

i've pretty much distracted everyone in my office all morning, wait until they hear the quality chat I'll be giving it tomorrow :D

Likewise - Fuckin Hyper!

Can't wait!

Going to the in-laws for dinner tonight, they are all Celtic fans!

Going to wind them up something rotten :evilgrin:

C'Mon the Dossers!

is psycho working as phil mitchells body double nowadays :lol: .i love the quote about peter grant ''he spat at me so i elbowed him'' absolute legend :notworthy:

I'm glad i've had a lot of stuff on to take my mind off it, otherwise I'd be a quivering wreck already!!

As of tonight, I'm in Cup Final party mode though, gonna spend all day in the boozer tomorrow :D

That Bryan Adams Robin Hood song was out about then as well and was number one for far to long

couldn't sleep last night, went for swim this morning and I was powering up and down the lanes like a mad man!!!

working till 19.00 tonight then out to gig so I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight, also planning a swim on Saturday morning to work off some nervous energy

come on ye well

It's funny, but for all his tackles, elbows and THAT goal, one of my fave psycho moments was when he was on that scrambler motorbike on the pitch laugh1.gif

They broke the mould with that guy - and probably just as well!!

Because of Porto's result last night and them already qualifying for the Champions league, the cup holders spot in the Europa League isn't needed.

This means that the entry round of a couple of countries is now changed and the winner of the Scottish Cup now goes straight into the playoff round of the Europa league, only one round from the group stage...

Would be nice to be going into Europe a round later than Celtic :thumbup:

got it from here