Scottish Cup Final Pre-Match Banter

mfcmainstand

I've spent the week getting unluckily robbed blind at bowls, breaking a wiper blade, breaking a tooth and now I have a minging cold. So all in I hope all my good luck is saving itself for 3pm sat!

Love the bowls. Been a while right enough. Played a lot in Aus. Mind you, partly it was the cheap roast dinners and bevvy.

EDIT

And I'm still going nuts here.

Cannae wait. Bucket hat check. 91 top check. Scarfs and ribbons check. Bus check. Hooray!!!

Love the thread. Exactly the same.

For a good 2 weeks the only feeling I have had when thinking about the final is my heart actual racing thinking about all the possibilities!! Honestly thinking about kick off, taking the lead or possibly winning gives me the total butterflies. Then there is the thought of the angst of the occassion getting to the team but you try to block that!!

But this week it has been just pure excitement of the day!! Luckily work (a high school)has been quiet this week as the students are on study leave and I have been up the road playing Fifa ('Well v Celtic on Legendary, obviously) most days by half 2!! I have arranged to go home for some 'preperation' work at 11 bells tomorrow too so Friday will fly in!!

But aye, unbelievable feeling of exitement - amazing to think that Celtic fans will just wake up, go to the game and then go straight home before us - whatever the result!!

Always be a 'Well fan!!

• Like 1

Been buzzing all week. Waking up at 5.30 a.m. every day and thinking about formations, the '91 final, the buzz of standing with 17,000 fellow minded 'Well fans etc.

Picking my son up from school in Sandhurst at mid day tomorrow and then hitting the road north with the better half and brother in law.

Make the most of it lads and lasses.

C'mon the 'Well.

This will be my last time on the site before Saturday. Been spending the evening reading all the interviews by the players, watching the BBC videos and ofcourse listening to the farewell from our Chairman and have had a fair few shivers run down my spine.

I hope every Well fan enjoys the day regardless of the result. Take in the whole day and be thankful for it because there are thousands of supporters up and down Scotland who will wish it was them.

Having been at the Cup Final in 91, I know the impression it leaves. It is truely a magical day. Yes that day we won but we might not have. The build up, our team coming out onto the pitch, 16000 Well fans, some home from far off lands singing and cheering the team, that all happens before a ball is kicked and can't be taken away regardless of the final result.

Hope to see you back here on Sunday hungover and happy but if it does not work out that way then we can console ourselves with the fact that we will always be Well Fans.

I was born under a Well flag. All the best!

I really do hope you win the Cup on Saturday.

Do it for yourselves firstly and do it for the supporters of the other 39 Clubs in Scotland.

If you win, i'll maybe forgive you all for the Cup tie ( february 1977 ) :cheese:

All the best.

FTOF !!!

• Like 3

I've been working hard over here in Spain, what with 2 wee ones etc and come 4 pm on Saturday I'll be sitting in front of the computer with my CUP FINAL polo shirt on at the in-laws in Bilbao, praying the internet connection doesn't go down. At least the missus has been told that the kids are all hers for at least 1 hour and a half and if the 'Well score you'll here ma shouts fae Mwell cross!!! Pity I'll probably wake up all my in-laws who'll be having a "siesta"! Come on ye Well!!!

Edited by josepi

Fucking can not wait. Just having a few beers with the telly the night.

Tomorrow, helping the boys out at Hampden then a nice meal and home for some beers and "Simply the Greatest" on DVD (Thanks Davie :thumbup: )

Then it's Saturday...

Even managed to squeeze in a massive barny with the Missus the night :whistling: .

Weekend is going to plan...

All the best to the folk travelling from afar, see you on Saturday!

:drinks::cheers:

Working till 8.30 2moro night, fuckers wouldn't give me the day of work :wallbash:

guy i sit next to is a Celtic season ticket holder, had my Phil Motherwell Legend top on today and will be sporting another well top 2moro and git a good bit pf banter with him 2moro ! . doubt i'll sleep much Friday night! was planning to watch the '91 game but ma DVD is pooched :doh: so probs just sit and annoy the Mrs with 'Well chat :)

Would absolutely love to be there at Hampden as I was in 1991, but air fare a bit costly and canny really leave ma wife with 2 wee ones but this week I've been daydreaming on the train, bus in class etc, with big Sutton scoring the second in injury time before Craigan scores the winner (3-2) in extra time. Wouldnae be too bad, eh??

It doesn't cost anything to dream!