Pre Match Pubs

wideboyal

Myself, wee bro and Dad all heading to the final.

My first thought was to meet them at Rutherglen Station, then a wee march / mini pub crawl up to ampden, but that might just take us to the wrong end of the ground.

What would be a safer/better option for us, or are there any well friendly pubs either in the city centre or otherwise??

Think i may go to Lanark first and meet them and get the train from there, may be a safer bet with a few more well fans!

Any advice much appreciated!

Cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much up the Mount Florida end. Used to head to pubs in Victoria Road before Scotland games. Was in the Outhouse in '91, put gave up trying to get a pint and went into Hampden at ten past 2 ...... and it was packed.

I'll be in the Philarmonic in Cardiff, surrounded by hordes of Leinster/Northampton fans but that won't put me off.

Mon the Well :thumbup:

I thought so.

May end up heading to city centre and take it from there.

The last final, we ended up going to the Clockwork, but it was hoaching with h**s, so not to sure really

Wing it may be the order of the day!!!

Not much up the Mount Florida end. Used to head to pubs in Victoria Road before Scotland games. Was in the Outhouse in '91, put gave up trying to get a pint and went into Hampden at ten past 2 ...... and it was packed.

I'll be in the Philarmonic in Cardiff, surrounded by hordes of Leinster/Northampton fans but that won't put me off.

Mon the Well :thumbup:

You seriously not going big chap :O

I go to Hampden for Scotland games and quite often start and end in Shawlands, there are a few decent pubs like the Granary who cater for football crowds. Its just that this time , it may be full of Celtic fans.

My plan for the final is to stick to the city centre , somewhere mildly expensive for some booze and grub that will keep the grey and green riff raff out and avoiding pubs with O' in the title.

Then taxi out to Hampden as that will be 'our' end nearest town.

I go to Hampden for Scotland games and quite often start and end in Shawlands, there are a few decent pubs like the Granary who cater for football crowds. Its just that this time , it may be full of Celtic fans.

My plan for the final is to stick to the city centre , somewhere mildly expensive for some booze and grub that will keep the grey and green riff raff out and avoiding pubs with O' in the title.

The Church on the Hill is exclusively for Well fans only.

More than 700 plus have booked into it.

Beer garden, kids allowed and BBQ food to be had.

We will be travelling from Holytown (73 seat double decker) and hope to be there for about half past one, quarter to two.

5 minute walk to Hampden after a few pints . :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Officially I'd doubt you'll be able to have a beer from Central to Hampden. They usually have signs up a day or two before big games or events at Hampden saying trains from Central to the stadium will be alcohol free.

We used to get off at Rutherglen for the Scotland games... a couple of pubs then walk to Hampden. Also thinking of going straight into the city centre on Saturday and make our way from there.... drinks.gif

are they putting on footie specials from motherwell ?

Not as far as I'm aware. We're just headed in to Central and out again. Isn't it a different line so a direct train couldn't actually run?

Ewan

Not as far as I'm aware. We're just headed in to Central and out again. Isn't it a different line so a direct train couldn't actually run?

Ewan

The trains can run from motherwell to Kings Park or Mount Florida .BR used to run footie specials from motherwell . Can remember going on them.

The trains can run from motherwell to Kings Park or Mount Florida .BR used to run footie specials from motherwell . Can remember going on them.

I stand corrected. I assumed that the lower-level/upper-level tracks didn't join.

Plenty of standard train options though.

Ewan