Pre Match Pubs

wideboyal

I think for the CIS they just told you to change at Newton, sound advice as it cuts out about 30 mins from your journey if you're going straight there.

As for dry trains, I've not seen the notices go up at Kings Park station, but they will be, I'll post up as soon as they're up, but generally they'll start from about 11am- kick off then from 4.45 til close.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the CIS they just told you to change at Newton, sound advice as it cuts out about 30 mins from your journey if you're going straight there.

Aye that seems to make sense although does restrict the time of departure considerably.

Ewan

Not really, if you're coming from Motherwell, the trains are at 20 and 50 to Newton, only a few mins after when the trains go the other way, and you've got your choice of Mount Florida or Kings Park to go to (hint: Kings Park is a wee bit cheaper from Motherwell, every little helps towards that cargo...)

Not really, if you're coming from Motherwell, the trains are at 20 and 50 to Newton, only a few mins after when the trains go the other way, and you've got your choice of Mount Florida or Kings Park to go to (hint: Kings Park is a wee bit cheaper from Motherwell, every little helps towards that cargo...)

Aye but the trains out of Newton are only hourly (miss the 13.50 and you'd be pretty screwed) whereas they're much more regularly from Central. Also allows for a cheeky one in the City perhaps!

Ewan

I'd say get to The Church on the Hill. Just at the roundabout at the top of the Battlefield road.

10 mins walk from crossmyloof, 10 mins walk to hampden. 5 mins walk from my gaff ;)

we just booked a table in there although not sure how useless that will prove to be. massive place, couple of beer gardens and big bar.

for the celtic aberdeen semi it was swamped with aberdeen fans. filled the steps outside and had great atmosphere. I'd guess it will be pure Well pub on Saturday.

we'll prob be swinging by about 11

over to Shawlands 11:30 and into Maxwells on Kilmarnock road bite to eat and also so the young boy can get in with his mate with my brother and mate...10 min walk up the hill past the church....over tae hampden....with the dust mask ready to use when walking by the shambolic lot just to wind them up!!!

1) Morrisons in Crossmyloof or the streets around Minard Road/Waverley St. Short drive and you're on the Motorway(Used to stay in Waverley St)

Its about 20mins/half hour from Hampden.

2)You will pass Church on the Hill walking en-route to Hampden (also pass the pubs on Pollokshaws Road)

If you want more info just ask.

Those going on the buses will get a wristband mate.

I'll try find out a little more on that, but know for certain you'll be fine if you're on one of their buses.

Andy

Many thanks mate..... I was getting a bit worried there

Frazzle confirmed our seats 3 or 4 weeks ago (just tried to PM him, but could not do so)

Keep us updated

Cheers

Bob

The Cooper Stand will be open and LICENSED from 11am.

(the kiosks will become bottle bars)

Due to the Cooper Suite hosting Hospitality guests on Saturday morning, The Cooper Stand will be open and LICENSED from 11am.

Come along and enjoy the pre-match banter on the concourse!

A win for the Well will see the Cooper open and licensed for the return to Fir Park. You'll be able to buy your beers and take them out into the Davie Cooper Stand.

For safety reasons, all drinks purchased from the Davie Cooper kiosks / bars will be served in plastic tumblers.

Spoke to one of the lasses from JD's last night and as mentioned all the folk getting buses from there get a wristband, so on their return they get priority in getting in for a few beers. If folk turn up after the game without a wristband they might get turned away depending on the numbers inside.

Spoke to one of the lasses from JD's last night and as mentioned all the folk getting buses from there get a wristband, so on their return they get priority in getting in for a few beers. If folk turn up after the game without a wristband they might get turned away depending on the numbers inside.

What about at 11am? If I turn up for opening and ain't getting a JDs bus can I get in for a few pints?

What about at 11am? If I turn up for opening and ain't getting a JDs bus can I get in for a few pints?

Don't think you'll have a problem as it's only going to matter after the game to allow regular patrons the first dibs on beers and seats.....

Alright mate - I'm terrible with PMs. Think my inbox is full.

You have 3 seats booked on my bus under the name of Steve Diggle and you'll get three wristbands to go with them, which gets you into the pub at night.

Steve Diggle has my number if you need any other info.

Cheers.